Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Helicopters, boats, AA. (Better Explaination)

Got a great new idea for the game?

What Do you Think of these ideas for vehicles?

Yes, it could work.
80%
No, please tell what could be changed.
10%
Maybe, if you have other ideas please share.
10%

Total votes : 105

Re: Helicopters, boats, AA. (Better Explaination)

Postby killasd » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:15 pm

will be better if the choppa was a killstreak (sorry my bad english -_-1)

Anoter ideia is the right click to activate the "heli scope",a png image apears like the scopes of the guns

and maybe a little bird heli style (one pilot and two gunners,small and fast)

(sorry my bad english -_-2)
My english sucks,im brazilian .-., im not bad in photoshop and i love fps games.lol
killasd

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:20 pm

you shouldnt be able to see further as that would let you know the positions of other players. ohter than that, non destructable areas are equaly unreacable when the outsides of them are griefed.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby DoomSplitter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:53 pm

What would happen if the helicopter reaches the edge of the map, would it warp to the other side like spectators do? I think that would be neat (a little overpowered maybe?).
DoomSplitter

Postby Articsledder » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Perhaps the map could have a buffer zone outside the border. You can travel there in heli's only, but can't break blocks or place them. Also Heli' can't land there.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby TRYxHARDERxPANTS » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Articsledder(pg5)- AA would be necessary as a fast traveling helicopter would be hard to shoot with the SMG. Also, if you fly into lets say a group of 3 people and they started shooting at you with the SMG the chopper would lose health fast and eventually blow up. It would make the helicopter feel flimsy to gunfire. The AA cannons i think would be a balanced way to keep choppers out of the sky around the main bases. Lets say somebody is flying around the spawn with 3 passengers slaughtering everybody who spawns, and the other team (lets say the blue team) cant kill the chopper because of their guns (but they can kill the passengers/pilot) so somebody on the blue team could hop in the AA gun and take it down.

killasd- Why would the helicopter pilot need a scope? It would not have guns and just be for transport. And i say no to killstreaks because then not all players would get a chance to fly, and others could just keep getting choppers. Id hate to see the sky filled with like 10 choppers also.

ThisFrickinSite- I agree and disagree. The view distance would be the same for all players in the map. And also, Indestructible landing pads/vehicle spawns would give a clear area for the vehicle to spawn/land, it would be most likely that the vehicle spawns would be 1 block above the water, so they could always be reachable. If the area around it is griefed, players could dig their way to the chopper, or stack blocks to it no problem.

DoomSplitter, I would have to say that the helicopter would just bounce off of the invisible wall (so they cant pass through them like players can't). The helicopter would also be damaged a bit.

Articsledder- Kind of like the battlefield games? I would agree but this would make large changes to the game, as there would not be the kind of 'mirror affect' on maps when you look past borders. Map makers would also have to increase the map size out of the 512x512 bounds.
3.2 GHz Phenom II Quad Core Processor.
8 GB Ram
1.0 TB HDD
Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 Video Card

AND I USE IT TO PLAY ACE OF SPADES.
TRYxHARDERxPANTS

Postby Articsledder » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:18 am

TRYxHARDERxPANTS wrote:Articsledder(pg5)- AA would be necessary as a fast traveling helicopter would be hard to shoot with the SMG. Also, if you fly into lets say a group of 3 people and they started shooting at you with the SMG the chopper would lose health fast and eventually blow up. It would make the helicopter feel flimsy to gunfire. The AA cannons i think would be a balanced way to keep choppers out of the sky around the main bases. Lets say somebody is flying around the spawn with 3 passengers slaughtering everybody who spawns, and the other team (lets say the blue team) cant kill the chopper because of their guns (but they can kill the passengers/pilot) so somebody on the blue team could hop in the AA gun and take it down.

Articsledder- Kind of like the battlefield games? I would agree but this would make large changes to the game, as there would not be the kind of 'mirror affect' on maps when you look past borders. Map makers would also have to increase the map size out of the 512x512 bounds.

Yeah, that makes sense, especially if the AA guns are immobile. I think it would be nice for players to still shoot down heli's, just have it require more then 1 SMG firing all it's ammo.

I have never played battlefield, put yeah that;s what I meant. Instead I guess the game could just give the Heli's a slight nudge away when they hit it. It's not like they will be traveling all that fast anyways.
Articsledder

Postby Putin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:33 am

why AA guns if Ground to Air missiles ( fim-92 , stinger , strijela etc.) are easier to implant and in any view... ?
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby TRYxHARDERxPANTS » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:01 am

Articsledder- Yes that is my idea to have them immobile. And if more than 1 players are shooting at the heli there would be a greater chance of killing the passengers or the pilot.

Putin- Because i don't want half of a team running around with Ground to Air Missiles. And if there are Stingers and such, people could camp the helicopter spawn by waiting for somebody to get in it.
8 GB Ram
1.0 TB HDD

TRYxHARDERxPANTS

Postby EpicDude133 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:37 am

Good idea. But after the update, 99% of noobs would camp for these and kill their teammates :/
ImageImage
Click them or they will eat you.
If you want a sig like mine, be sure to visit LastOfs' signature shop!
EpicDude133

Postby Articsledder » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:44 pm

EpicDude133 wrote:Good idea. But after the update, 99% of noobs would camp for these and kill their teammates :/

Hopefully their will be enough vehicles to hold atleast 3/4 of a whole team. The 1/4 left can get in the Heli's after they are shot down before the other people respawn.
Articsledder

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Better control scheme,
WASD=Move forwards/back and strafe left/right
Mouse = Aim/Yaw (when you aim far enough to one side)
Space=Climb
CTRL=Descend

Free Targetting Recticle (not fixed to centre of screen) allowing you to aim all around you on the screen, Shoots 1 rocket per 4 seconds which has a curved trajectory to target.
Ki11aWi11

Postby Articsledder » Thu May 03, 2012 12:11 am

Ki11aWi11 wrote:Better control scheme,
WASD=Move forwards/back and strafe left/right
Mouse = Aim/Yaw (when you aim far enough to one side)
Space=Climb
CTRL=Descend

Free Targetting Recticle (not fixed to centre of screen) allowing you to aim all around you on the screen, Shoots 1 rocket per 4 seconds which has a curved trajectory to target.

How about this:

WASD: Move/strafe like regular soldier
Shift: Rotate heli to the left
Ctrl: Rotate heli to the right
Left mouse: Up
Right mouse: Down
Mouse movement: Look around cockpit/outside window.

I feel missiles would be overdoing it for a helicopter, but if they were to be added it should be something out of the way by default so it is difficult to spam rockets, maybe make it something like backspace or enter, which would make it impossible to change direction of looking/up and down control, making the helicopter a still target for a second.
Articsledder

Postby TRYxHARDERxPANTS » Thu May 03, 2012 3:32 am

Those both would seem really annoying to get the hang of.

This is more of what i was thinking of. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmwijuXEeFc

I would guess the controls could be user configurable.

Articsledder- I would save the use of the left/right mouse buttons, as maybe in the future a script could be made for vehicles to fire their guns.

K11aWi11-, It would be simpler if the helicopters targeting system would be locked in place, making it easier to shoot at the enemy while moving, if there was a free targeting system it would be easier for hackers with aimbot.

But i say no weapons on helicopters, as it would be easy to camp with them. Imagine a helicopter hovering behind a spawn, shooting rockets/machine guns at whoever spawns.

To look around you would press Ctrl and use you mouse to move the camera. Once you let go on Ctrl the camera would snap back in its place. When you hold down Ctrl, the W (throttle) and the S (descend) keys would still work so you could still be gaining lift while looking around.
8 GB Ram
1.0 TB HDD

TRYxHARDERxPANTS

Postby bobbotheclown » Thu May 03, 2012 7:44 pm

yeah thats what i thought it should be too.

battlefield is one of those games thats better about vehicle controls
Bobbo's awesome pack II
Bobbo's Awesome Pack I
I downloaded this game because it's free. i play it because it's fun and free.
bobbotheclown

Postby TRYxHARDERxPANTS » Thu May 03, 2012 10:50 pm

bobbotheclown- Agreed. I always liked how it felt when flying one...
8 GB Ram
1.0 TB HDD

TRYxHARDERxPANTS

PreviousNext

Return to Game