Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Helicopters, boats, AA. (Better Explaination)

Got a great new idea for the game?

What Do you Think of these ideas for vehicles?

Yes, it could work.
80%
No, please tell what could be changed.
10%
Maybe, if you have other ideas please share.
10%

Total votes : 105

Re: Helicopters, boats, AA. (Better Explaination)

Postby Diggy » Sun May 06, 2012 11:25 pm

why not just keep the same controls as for a normal soldier? mouse to aim the nose, wasd for foward/left/back/right, space goes up, and control goes down. and yes, a little bird would be perfect.

http://www.reddogracing.com/littlebirds/01ea3d80.jpg
I don't see why more people don't makes forts. even if not useful, they're a lot of fun
Diggy

Postby Putin » Sun May 06, 2012 11:30 pm

^ Just enoug to make a Spec OP team with smg to Defend a bunker cause of the movement crap accuracy.

Ok ok... Just enough to get a Spec OP team to the enemy side of the front and make a quick rush action with rifles. < -_-
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby TRYxHARDERxPANTS » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:23 am

Diggy- Because that would make it seem like a hover-craft if the controls were like that. :P

Now i know, just another boring video, but i hope you will all understand the physics of helicopters, and why my control setup (like Bf2, Bf3) will make sense.
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7B5Amzx ... re=related Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw-ZqIH1 ... ure=fvwrel
3.2 GHz Phenom II Quad Core Processor.
8 GB Ram
1.0 TB HDD
Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 Video Card

AND I USE IT TO PLAY ACE OF SPADES.
TRYxHARDERxPANTS

Postby finchdude123 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:54 am

I think it's a GREAT idea but you would need to add a kind of scope to shoot from the helicopter, or just add a zoom.
Highest kill streak: 78: Goonhaven.org3
I play this game not only for fun....I play it to PWN noobs!
Best servers: Aloha intel rpg, Last team standing.
------- We are as strong as Slenderman ------
finchdude123

Postby burgerblock » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:54 pm

I think it has potential, but there would certainly need to be a TON of tweaks. Firstly, the air support weapons need to be super-nerfed. If anybody gets up in a helicopter with a somewhat competent pilot and three buddies spraying along the field, they instantly become a brutal (and overpowered) death machine tearing up enemies at a frustrating pace. Airplanes/helicopters would be better (I think) as troop transports, helping you get a squad across difficult terrain. The plus side is that the squad has a little more protection, but they also give away their position so that they're large targets once they exit their ride. Additionally, AA guns placed along the map isn't exactly the best solution in my mind, because you have to either cover the entire map in AA guns (limiting mobility for foot soldiers) or leave giant gaps for air support to get through without even trying. I think the best solution would be to make players build their own AA guns as necessary, and then have them destroyed once they run out of ammo. This could be handled in one of two ways:
1) Every soldier gets 1 AA turret on spawn and can use a chat command like /AA to place it where they are standing
2) They build it on the ground using blocks. If a player makes a pattern like this:
#####
# #
# #####
# #
#####
then the server would recognize it as an AA gun and replace it accordingly.

That being said, it's an excessive amount of work for the dev and I think it might ruin some of the fun of AoS. A big part of the thrill in this game is advancing through enemy territory on foot, terrified of being caught, and Air travel would ruin that.
burgerblock

Postby Nehemek » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:25 am

Yup I think tanks are a good idea, just imagine it
Nehemek

Postby dhv6 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 am

I'd say the only way to keep it semi balance, is one person only ground vehicles. Choppers would be cool, but imagine the power aimbotters would have.
Image Bastard
dhv6

Postby Articsledder » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Nehemek wrote:Yup I think tanks are a good idea, just imagine it

Yeah, quite the good idea

aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Previous

Return to Game