Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Ideas about weapons and etc

Got a great new idea for the game?

Ideas about weapons and etc

Postby SnaJperME » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:21 am

Weapons
1.semi (now the most used weapon cause of the total overpowered)
2.smg (loses 80% against semi making it pretty a lame weapon)
3.shotgun ( just fine now anyway aos is in 90% a long range shooting game)
4.assault rifle ( m16 a burst firing weapon 3bullets - Damage - H120 2hits B-90 3hits L- 60 3hits
5.hmg (heavy machine gun)(needs to be placed around 5 sec Damage H-100 B-35 L-20)
6.mortar(right click setup 10 sec press "m" shoot mortar round on tile (you got 5 Bombs) ( DMG 100 5x5 50 10x10 25 15x15)

Equipment
1.Grenades (3 of them)
2.Med-kit ( you got one heal 50 hp)
3.Kevlar protects body -50% dmg on it
4.Ammo you carry more ammo (x2)

Additions
Airstrike on 30 kills (not killstreak)

Sprint on shift

Death-mach

King of the hill
SnaJperME

Re: Ideas about weapons and etc

Postby Thunderstorm » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:35 am

I'm thinking no.
Thunderstorm

Postby Mio » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:04 am

Totally I don't like this, even the 1st line.
'On Jan 24th', Congress will vote to pass internet censorship in the Senate, even though the vast majority of Americans are opposed. We need to kill the bill - PIPA and SOPA - to protect our rights to free speech, privacy, and prosperity.
Mio

Postby tunaspirit » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Ugh. Leave the balance alone.
[18:33] <+boolface> hey guys imma releqase 0.76 now
[18:34] <+Ethoslab> TheGrandmaster hey do you have any idea when updates gona come
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> now
[18:34] <+gen_applejack> as boolface told us
tunaspirit

Postby lehma18 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:11 pm

(now the most used weapon cause of the total overpowered)

The rifle is perfectly balanced. The fact that it is capable of one-shotting doesn't count for shit if you can't shoot quickly and accurately, and that's what you lack. In the modern FPS-shooters, you just point the gun in the general direction and press shoot. When there's a game that actually requires skills, tactics and teamplay, you start whining becourse you can't run through the whole map and capture the intel all by yourself.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby SnaJperME » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:42 pm

lehma18 wrote:
(now the most used weapon cause of the total overpowered)

The rifle is perfectly balanced. The fact that it is capable of one-shotting doesn't count for shit if you can't shoot quickly and accurately, and that's what you lack. In the modern FPS-shooters, you just point the gun in the general direction and press shoot. When there's a game that actually requires skills, tactics and teamplay, you start whining becourse you can't run through the whole map and capture the intel all by yourself.

Im one of the best aos players im on every server in the top 5 and you Little deuce are saying that to me
I made it cause in aos all weapons are "equivalent/ballanced" and everyone (includes me) play with semi cause the smg sucks shotgun is for close combat.
So a SMG Should be 1.Very accuate cause of its small dmg/cal. 2.Acc at standing and runing cause its made like a light weight weapon .
SnaJperME

Postby USABxBOOYO » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Listen, nobody likes your idea. Everybody here has stated that the balance is fine and shouldn't be messed with. Personally insulting them ("you Little deuce") and claiming you are in the top 5 in every server (which by the way could just mean you spend a lot of time in servers. And to add to that, I've never seen you before) is not going to get anyone to like your idea anymore. I for one agree with the others. Leave weapon balance alone. There are more important things to do than screw with the weapon balance and change the entire flow of the game.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that you specifically stated that "in aos all weapons are "equivalent/ballanced", then you went on to say that "the smg sucks" and the Rifle completely dominates the game, completely contradicting yourself.

There are multiple other things, but I'm on an iPhone and am not about to take the time to point out each one individually.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby BrosephRadson » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:20 pm

SMG is fine. You just have to know how to control it. In a shootout between a good semi player and a good smg player it usually comes down to reaction time and accuracy, just as it should. Where the SMG lacks in power, it makes up in rate of fire.
kmaj wrote: Pasrdonn my grmnar, butg i'm writingh whjle masking a faxcepalmm.
BrosephRadson

Postby SnaJperME » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:49 pm

BrosephRadson wrote:SMG is fine. You just have to know how to control it. In a shootout between a good semi player and a good smg player it usually comes down to reaction time and accuracy, just as it should. Where the SMG lacks in power, it makes up in rate of fire.

"" Where the SMG lacks in power, it makes up in rate of fire.""" Rate of fire is useless without Accuracy
SnaJperME

Postby BrosephRadson » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Control the recoil.
BrosephRadson

Postby SnaJperME » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:04 pm

BrosephRadson wrote:Control the recoil.

It accuracy at : Duck 80% Stand 40% Run 20%
Its rly (near impossible) to control it when the recoil makes your gun go up for 30-40 degrees
SnaJperME

Postby BrosephRadson » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:17 pm

No, not really...
BrosephRadson

Postby USABxBOOYO » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:34 pm

The Rifle has its uses, the SMG has its uses, and the Shotgun has its uses. You just get killed more by the Rifle because most maps are long-range and the Rifle is a long-range weapon. In CQC, the Shotgun and SMG kill me just as often if not more than the Rifle.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Gorman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:30 am

SnaJperME wrote:
BrosephRadson wrote:Control the recoil.

It accuracy at : Duck 80% Stand 40% Run 20%
Its rly (near impossible) to control it when the recoil makes your gun go up for 30-40 degrees

SMG is quite accurate really, don't engage at 128 distance though.

At distances of - I'd say - 50-80 SMG is king, it can get off 10 shots before Semi gets off 2, so if Semi misses then they are dead (hey, even Mikuli misses sometimes, but you have to see it to believe it!).

Besides that the recoil is only 1/3rd of what Semi has, meaning that if you go for 3 shot burst (enough to kill) then you only have the same recoil for faster kills.

Most SMG users have 100% accuracy so long as they arent shooting at 128 distance.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Derpylicious » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:14 pm

The Only thing I agree with is the mortar since it kinda fits in with the build, defend, destroy aspects of AoS.
However lets see what the already planned artillery does before throwing in another long range death machine ^.^

anyway the SMG is fine if you were such a veteran player as you say you are you should know that there are some real aces at using the SMG as a burst weapon, it only takes 2-3 shots to the chest to kill.
Derpylicious

Location: 3.56 bee Gravy Street, Binglesbury, Mongshire, DE23 5PY

Next

Return to Game