Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Official forums idea post on here

Got a great new idea for the game?

Official forums idea post on here

Postby Saf85 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Decided to repost my official forums ideas on here since official forums does not have suggestions section and people here may not frequent official forums;

My ideas are as follows;

Have a buy menu, then allow players to convert their kills into points to buy pre-fabricated structures (only one at a time) which will replace their entire brick pile. If the player dies before placing the pre-fab then the pre-fab is lost just like air strike. The higher the amount of kills they cash in the bigger and better the pre-fab structure. Would give players with a few hundred kills something to do with those kills rather than look like hackers lol. Would be a good way to combat griefers and dedicated enemies who destroy your base, since a few players could re-populate the base with structures and defences in minutes.

Also another idea is to allow ownership of blocks. So anyone laying down a block has that block become their own block and their team cannot take ownership or destroy the block untill the player moves more than 20-50 blocks away for 5 minutes or longer. This would make it that much harder to grief if the player who made the block placement is still using the structure.

A class system would be great for this game also. Have a couple to start then expand as you progress the beta, start with say;

Soldier;
Heavy machine gun or assault rifle (heavy machine gun having high damage and medium fire rate but lots of recoil and in-accuracy), pistol or knife instead of spade and 5-6 grenades, they can still place blocks but they have reduced amount around 25? Also the knife can destroy blocks but takes twice as long as a spade would and pistols alt fire is a block destroying or enemy pounding pistol whip action, make it so the pistol has to do two hits to kill someone. Again pistol will be as slow as knife at block destruction.
The soldier should have a helmet and body armour of 25-50 points extra health.

Sniper;
Sniper rifle or scoped battle rifle (sniper doing more damage per hit but slower fire rate and battle rifle less damage per hit but faster fire rate), Pistol or knife instead of spade, 3 grenades, a ghile type armour or cammo patterned uniform with reduced hp to say 75? Also limited blocks 40 or so? Slower block destruction, same as soldier.

Engineer;
shotgun or smg (pretty much as is currently in game but less damage from smg and shotgun since both are over powered at present), wrench or spade (since it is called ace of spades lol), no grenades but in place extra blocks, say 100? and the spade will still destroy block at current rate but maybe a slightly faster primary dig speed?
Engineer should look like players currently do in game with 100hp. Final class.

Medic;
smg or light machine gun (again same as above for smg and light machine gun should have fast fire rate with medium damage and also recoil and in-accurrancy), medic needle or similar type tool/instrument, 2 health grenades (basically regular grenades that instead of damging players or blocks, heals them by x amount of hp instead). Instead of blocks the medic will carry health points, say around 75 health points. Give the health tool/instrument the ability to heal players or blocks by using health point for 2-3hp per health point. the medic should have a unique look such as a red cross on uniform etc?

What I would idealy like to see for the class system is something similar to the counter strike buy menu system, but rather than having a list of guns and equipment you can buy, have the four classes you can choose from first, then after selecting what class to play, goto second menu for that specific class which allows you to select which primary and secondary you wish to use, so E.G: I select soldier class, I then select the Assault Rifle as my primary and the knife as my secondary. I keep this setup and class throughout the game untill I select the change class menu again after whcih I respawn as the new selected class or same class with new weapons layout.
Future classes could be scout, spy, demo man etc. Anyone saying I ripped of Team Fortress would not be wrong if only team Fortress pioneered the class system in first place :P. They pretty much ripped off the best elements of previous games with class systems anyway so meh.

Finally showing players pings next to their name in scoreboard cannot be that hard to implement? Would be helpful rather than just seeing your own ping alone.

http://www.ace-spades.com/topic/suggestions-and-ideas-for-ace-of-spades/
Saf85

Re: Official forums idea post on here

Postby Gorman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 am

I think both classes and buy systems have been rejected many times.

I personally do not want either.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Return to Game