Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

-helicopters-

Got a great new idea for the game?

do you want helicopters in ace of spades

yes
73%
no
20%
i have a better iddea (say it)
6%

Total votes : 64

Re: -helicopters-

Postby HoboHob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:56 am

BruceHolt wrote:IF we ever get to have helicopters in the game, and RPG's have the ability to destroy them, the game would be awesome.

One more thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXrdKjqCEac

See how the helicopter spins wildly in mid-air before exploding? WE NEED THAT. (At least as an animation)

Epic necro.
HoboHob

Postby astinkypuppy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:59 pm

you should have to do something like get at least 10 kills (total, dose not need to be a streak) before being able to use the Helicopter to prevent idiots from randomly joining the server just to steal the helicopter and ruin everyone's game cause he is doing crap like getting a full load of people and dropping them off as far away from the enemy base as possible, or hiding in the helicopter somewhere that the enemy will never go and destroy it. A.K.A you need to be a legit player to use the heli. also make it so the passengers cant shoot off of the heli cause i can imagine some aimboting hacker riding a heli shooting everyone below. also to stay in the WW2/WW1 theme of this game instead of a heli it should be a (slow moving) cargo plane cause it would be a little strange to be using old weapons like rifles and see some helicopter fly over.
astinkypuppy

Postby skully172 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:41 pm

astinkypuppy wrote:you should have to do something like get at least 10 kills (total, dose not need to be a streak) before being able to use the Helicopter to prevent idiots from randomly joining the server just to steal the helicopter and ruin everyone's game cause he is doing crap like getting a full load of people and dropping them off as far away from the enemy base as possible, or hiding in the helicopter somewhere that the enemy will never go and destroy it. A.K.A you need to be a legit player to use the heli. also make it so the passengers cant shoot off of the heli cause i can imagine some aimboting hacker riding a heli shooting everyone below. also to stay in the WW2/WW1 theme of this game instead of a heli it should be a (slow moving) cargo plane cause it would be a little strange to be using old weapons like rifles and see some helicopter fly over.

the helicopter would respawn every 1 minute, 1 helicopter per team
skully172

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:57 pm

astinkypuppy wrote:you should have to do something like get at least 10 kills (total, dose not need to be a streak) before being able to use the Helicopter to prevent idiots from randomly joining the server just to steal the helicopter and ruin everyone's game cause he is doing crap like getting a full load of people and dropping them off as far away from the enemy base as possible, or hiding in the helicopter somewhere that the enemy will never go and destroy it. A.K.A you need to be a legit player to use the heli. also make it so the passengers cant shoot off of the heli cause i can imagine some aimboting hacker riding a heli shooting everyone below. also to stay in the WW2/WW1 theme of this game instead of a heli it should be a (slow moving) cargo plane cause it would be a little strange to be using old weapons like rifles and see some helicopter fly over.

Old weapons? The Rifle in the game is modeled after the M14, the SMG is CLEARLY a MP5 and the shotgun is a R870 from the 60s~70s.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Derpy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:04 am

skully172 wrote:

the helicopter would respawn every 1 minute, 1 helicopter per team

That could be bad, because if it's simply one per team....well, think of it this way.

1. Some know how to handle the air better than others. And with this, it puts a lot of pressure on the one pilot, because of the scarcity of the vehicle. That being said, some may fumble to the team's loss.
2. Similar to what I said above, only the opposite. If there's only one, then that one person can do well with it in surviving, but will hang on to it for too long. Not allowing the teammates to try their hand/do a different technique.
3. Obviously, griefers, man.

I'm a brony, but not too far.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Postby Wettoast » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:05 am

If there were helicopters Then Anti-Air cannons would follow it right?
ImagePlese dont ban me PLEASE
Wettoast

Postby BruceHolt » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:14 am

Wettoast wrote:If there were helicopters Then Anti-Air cannons would follow it right?

RPG and HMG.
"There's no mercy in war. People live and people die. That's all there is to it."
BruceHolt

Postby Wettoast » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:38 am

BruceHolt wrote:
Wettoast wrote:If there were helicopters Then Anti-Air cannons would follow it right?

RPG and HMG.
Well Eventually nukes are gonna get implamented i think
Wettoast

Postby SRL » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:45 am

Since this WILL be implemented, I imagine this'll be perfect for SMG users. IDK, maybe you could prop up your HMG in the copter too?
SRL
{AGAN} Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:31 am

Wettoast wrote:
BruceHolt wrote:

RPG and HMG.

What makes you think so?
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby skully172 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:20 pm

the helicopter have 100 health, the rpg destroys it instantly, people can kill the driver live in BF
skully172

Postby BruceHolt » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:49 am

skully172 wrote:
Wettoast wrote:the helicopter have 100 health, the rpg destroys it instantly, people can kill the driver live in BF

Considering that Ace of Spades is not supposed to be realistic (I guess), a well placed RPG could do the job.

...Semi pilot headshots would be awesome, thought.
"There's no mercy in war. People live and people die. That's all there is to it."
BruceHolt

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:56 am

inb4 zooking montage
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby Derpy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:24 am

Wettoast wrote:
BruceHolt wrote:

RPG and HMG.

You must be mistaken.

I'm a brony, but not too far.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Postby Wettoast » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 am

Well theres a romuor of There beigng "fighter Jets & bombers" so whats a bomber without a nuke? plus i dont rly think fighters will be implemented so goodbye nukes
Wettoast

PreviousNext

Return to Game