Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Some Suggestion

Got a great new idea for the game?

Some Suggestion

Postby LegitPenguin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:33 am

I have a suggestion, about two guns.

Snipers
A sniper would be a very good edition to the game, then you could actually make a sniper tower and actually snipe in it. A sniper would add a whole new way to play the game, and we could all try to pull off some 360 noscopes! The sniper should probably be at least a three or four shot kill, when not shooting in the head, a headshot is obviously a one shot kill.

Handguns
No matter what gun class you chose, you would always get a handgun with it. Handguns aren't that powerful, but can be useful when you are in the heat of battle, and you run out of ammo on your main gun.

Medic Packs
I think that the game should randomly place medic packs anywhere in the map at any random time. A medic pack could restore about 50 health. This would be very useful when you are far away from your team's side, and could at times save your life. You could just walk up to it and heal yourself.

Health Regeneration
This could be kinda cool. Basically, the idea is, you regenerated health very slowly, oh, about 1 point of health every second or two, but it would be kind of neat. If there would ever be medic packs though, this wouldn't really be needed.

Throwing Knives
If you wanted to, you could substitute three grenades for one or two throwing knives. If you hit somebody with one, it would be instant death. I think this would be pretty cool

Those are some of my ideas, hope you like them! :]
LegitPenguin

Re: Some Suggestion

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:50 am

"Snipers
A sniper would be a very good edition to the game, then you could actually make a sniper tower and actually snipe in it. A sniper would add a whole new way to play the game, and we could all try to pull off some 360 noscopes! The sniper should probably be at least a three or four shot kill, when not shooting in the head, a headshot is obviously a one shot kill."
So,you basically described the Semi we have now.No.
"Handguns
No matter what gun class you chose, you would always get a handgun with it. Handguns aren't that powerful, but can be useful when you are in the heat of battle, and you run out of ammo on your main gun. "
Already being added.

"Medic Packs
I think that the game should randomly place medic packs anywhere in the map at any random time. A medic pack could restore about 50 health. This would be very useful when you are far away from your team's side, and could at times save your life. You could just walk up to it and heal yourself."
I prefer something that you could choose to use,you know,like,grenades or medkits.

"Health Regeneration
This could be kinda cool. Basically, the idea is, you regenerated health very slowly, oh, about 1 point of health every second or two, but it would be kind of neat. If there would ever be medic packs though, this wouldn't really be needed."
No.

"Throwing Knives
If you wanted to, you could substitute three grenades for one or two throwing knives. If you hit somebody with one, it would be instant death. I think this would be pretty cool"
No.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Stiivais » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Okay, first things first... We can scratch health regeneration and throwing knives, THIS ISNT COD...

For all i can think of we should have 2 weapon system - primary, secondary.
This way secondary weapons could be a pistol, or ammopack/medikit item.

IMO this game in its future(version 1.0 or something) should have following arms:
1 rifle (Existing model of m14, just with a scope instead of ironsights, AND a slower rate of fire or smaller clip)
2 machine gun type weapons (Thompson instead of MP5, and BAR as a heavy machine gun)
1 explosive launcher (mortar or grenade launcher, but SMALL AMOUNT OF AMMO)

And secondary weapons/items:
1 pistol (propably m1911, maybe Nambu)
1 grenade type (existing frag should do it)
2 miscallenious items (medikit, ammopack, maybe 2 of each)
Also: shutting up because i have caused some annoyances lately.
Stiivais

Postby lolpwned23 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Nice idea, all except the throwing knives... Not for this game.
(V)(;,,;)(V) whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop
lolpwned23

Postby Gorman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:28 am

I don't see the point of handguns at the moment. Most servers run pyspades and the majority have airstrike.

Semi comes with enough ammo for 60 kills - you need less than one tenth of that by default to use an airstrike. When unlocking airstrike your ammo is replenished.

On a sidenote - no thanks to everything. Sniper = skinned semi, hanguns pointless (go back to the tent once in a while if you cant kill anything), randomly spawning stuff is annoying to me, health regen is bad since we have the tent, throwing knives insta kiling? I think we all know where that suggestion is from, which doesn't make it automatically bad, but it obviously doesnt fit here.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Coffee » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:19 pm

No on all of this, this is terrible.
Coffee

Postby Cyanyde » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Coffee wrote:No on all of this, this is terrible.

I hate when people post useless stuff like this in a suggestion thread.
You obviously are against the ideas, but without providing reasons why you are against these (other than they are terrible) you are simply being a troll (imo)

I don't see why you think any of these are bad, compared to some of the nonsense people post.
It's true that the Rifle we have now is as much a sniper rifle as we need.

I too am against health regeneration, the reason is because that's something newer fps's have, this game has more of a retro feel. (imo) I also think healthkits are better than health regen, because healthkits encourage teamwork, whereas regen encourages camping and hiding.

I am also against throwing knives, but my reason is because I want sidearms and knives would fill the same role.
I don't think they fit with the theme of the game, although that said, if they were added, I would use them.

See how easy that is? I'm not arguing your opinions, I just would like you to qualify your response with more than "these are terrible".. not trying to flame you or anything, coffee, I just hate those types of posts, they are a waste of time, and totally not helping the discussion. peace!

Ps. as for handguns and healthkits.. yup, all for them. +2!
Cyanyde

Postby Gorman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:00 am

Cyanyde wrote:
Coffee wrote:No on all of this, this is terrible.

I hate when people post useless stuff like this in a suggestion thread.
You obviously are against the ideas, but without providing reasons why you are against these (other than they are terrible) you are simply being a troll (imo)

Coffee is a respected member of the community well known for his ability to cut down bad suggestions with just a few words.

Cyanyde wrote:Ps. as for handguns and healthkits.. yup, all for them. +2!

And by the way you are very hypocritical to post something like this when you just ranted about what Coffee posted.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby themightycomrade » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Sniper- you kind of described the rifle so no.
Hand guns- Yes, as a primary weapon, because I'm a pistol junkey.
Medic packs- No, I prefer the fast paced view of this game.
Health regeneration- duck, no storms of but rapes and shit like that.
Knifes- maybe but only if their accuracy is crap.
Roses are red
Violates are blue (purple)
Look at this signature
It means I'm better then you!

CopyrightTM LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
themightycomrade
Komrade Member

Postby BrosephRadson » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Gorman wrote:

And by the way you are very hypocritical to post something like this when you just ranted about what Coffee posted.

Something i've learned very quickly about you from this post and your posts in my thread is your inability to read someone's post thoroughly before leaving a negative reply to them.

Cyanyde clearly states why he like the handguns and health kits right here between the 2 parts of his post that you quoted:

Cyanyde wrote:I too am against health regeneration, the reason is because that's something newer fps's have, this game has more of a retro feel. (imo) I also think healthkits are better than health regen, because healthkits encourage teamwork, whereas regen encourages camping and hiding.

I am also against throwing knives, but my reason is because I want sidearms and knives would fill the same role.
I don't think they fit with the theme of the game, although that said, if they were added, I would use them.
kmaj wrote: Pasrdonn my grmnar, butg i'm writingh whjle masking a faxcepalmm.
BrosephRadson

Postby Gorman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 pm

BrosephRadson wrote:
Gorman wrote:

Something i've learned very quickly about you from this post and your posts in my thread is your inability to read someone's post thoroughly before leaving a negative reply to them.

Cyanyde clearly states why he like the handguns and health kits right here between the 2 parts of his post that you quoted:

Cyanyde wrote:I too am against health regeneration, the reason is because that's something newer fps's have, this game has more of a retro feel. (imo) I also think healthkits are better than health regen, because healthkits encourage teamwork, whereas regen encourages camping and hiding.

"I want handguns because I want sidearms" ???

I am sorry, I do not accept that reasoning.

Please do not insult me just because you think such reasoning is sufficient. To me it is meaningless tautology without any value.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby BrosephRadson » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Allow me to direct you to this thread by cyanyde which you even posted in. ;)
kmaj wrote: Pasrdonn my grmnar, butg i'm writingh whjle masking a faxcepalmm.
BrosephRadson

Postby Build » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:11 am

I thought coffee said no to everything. Except for those rare occurrences that nobody notices where he actually said yes. Best to think of his name as a big no if he gets to a post before somone else does.

Actually, why not change the cup on your avatar to have a big no on it coffee?

Edit: Like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby Cyanyde » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:34 am

Gorman wrote:"I want handguns because I want sidearms" ???

Please do not insult me just because you think such reasoning is sufficient. To me it is meaningless tautology without any value.

LOL!
Every time I see you argue a point, you either misunderstand the context or misread the actual sentence.
I didn't say I want handguns because I want sidearms, I said I don't want knives because a sidearm would fill the same role..

Also, using big words doesn't make you sound smart.. just saying.

Please don't take this as an insult or a flame, it's merely an observation, I have no issue with you, I just keep seeing you make arguments that are seemingly based on a lack of understanding what you are reading, or failure to read the entire post.. :/
Cyanyde

Postby Gorman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:01 am

BrosephRadson wrote:Allow me to direct you to this thread by cyanyde which you even posted in. ;)

I am aware of that thread, however it is a different thread... I should not be expected to have read every single thread on the forums because somewhere someone may have made valid reasoning.

I still maintain that "I often run out of ammo when there is a guy right in front of me" is not a valid reason for adding sidearms.
Cyanyde wrote:
Gorman wrote:"I want handguns because I want sidearms" ???

LOL!
Every time I see you argue a point, you either misunderstand the context or misread the actual sentence.
I didn't say I want handguns because I want sidearms, I said I don't want knives because a sidearm would fill the same role..

Also, using big words doesn't make you sound smart.. just saying.

Please don't take this as an insult or a flame, it's merely an observation, I have no issue with you, I just keep seeing you make arguments that are seemingly based on a lack of understanding what you are reading, or failure to read the entire post.. :/

BrosephRadson quoted that line of text as proof that you supported sidearms.

Direct your flamethrower at him please.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Next

Return to Game