Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

my opinion on possible new additions to the list of weapons.

Got a great new idea for the game?

my opinion on possible new additions to the list of weapons.

Postby thekingofspuds » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:17 pm

NOTE this is my opinion all opinions are different so its a separate thread.

Ever since I started playing ace of spades back in 0.58 I noticed that AoS didn't have much variety of weapons (which isn't a bad thing),
ever since then I have hoped that a Assault rifle could be added,if a assault rifle was to be added in my opinion I would base it on something like a ak47 or a fn fal something with stopping power not penetration.
You could say why don't you use a new .kv6 model I do but that's not the point the assault rifle would have a completely different role to play in the battlefields of AoS.

the gun would be slower firing and harder hitting. so it could be primarily used for defence or support (so more open iron sights might be needed to provided a clearer view of the battlefield) and with its slower fire rate comes a lot less recoil (which would be increased slightly by the larger round), because of the lower recoil to not make it a overpowered gun for when sitting in a fortification the effect of lowering recoil when crouching may have to be removed if recoil becomes almost non-existent.

It would have to have a slower DPS(damage per second) with the same headshot damage (2 hit kill) making it less powerful then the smg at close range.
I have created a table based on the AoS wiki to give some basic information on what the assault rifle could be like.

the Player damage Head: 75
Torso: 49
Limb: 24
Block damage: 33% of 1 block
Ammo capacity: 120 rounds, 30 or 20 per magazine
Reload time: 3 seconds
Rate of fire: 250-325 RPM

That is my opinion on a assault rifle suggestion C&C welcome.
thekingofspuds

Re: my opinion on possible new additions to the list of weap

Postby HaloWarLord711 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:23 pm

suggested so many times,shotdown so many times,told to use the search bar so many times.

It's better to walk in the dark with a friend than it is to walk alone in the light.
HaloWarLord711
[LDR] Member

Postby thekingofspuds » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:38 pm

HaloWarLord711 wrote:suggested so many times,shotdown so many times,told to use the search bar so many times.

everyone has a individual opinion so I cannot express mine? and last time i checked its not on the do not suggest list.
thekingofspuds

Postby HaloWarLord711 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:43 pm

you may express your opinion,but not on the suggestions page.

It's better to walk in the dark with a friend than it is to walk alone in the light.
HaloWarLord711
[LDR] Member

Postby thekingofspuds » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:45 pm

HaloWarLord711 wrote:you may express your opinion,but not on the suggestions page.

its a suggestion
thekingofspuds

Postby thekingofspuds » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:59 pm

HaloWarLord711 wrote:you may express your opinion,but not on the suggestions page.

1. someone may have posted a suggestion for a assault rifle but is there opinion the same as mine?
2. I gave details I went on about the ironsight for gods sake!
3. I think your third point is invalid. Weather it is worth posting is peoples opinions and in my opinion it is.
thekingofspuds

Postby armandux1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 pm

thekingofspuds wrote:

1. someone may have posted a suggestion for a assault rifle but is there opinion the same as mine?
3. I think your third point is invalid. Weather it is worth posting is peoples opinions and in my opinion it is.

Your opinion ? ....Hahahahahahaha, ok got to hold it in....*starts to crack up* hahahaha *wipes a tear* Classic, It's supposed to be YOUR opinion, so why is it VERY similar to other threads ? Also (I hate it, that i have to mention this all the time) what is the point of a different gun with similar stats ? It will probably still be used as the SMG or not be used at all.
AoS is NOT Minecraft with guns !!!
armandux1

Postby thekingofspuds » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:09 pm

armandux1 wrote:
thekingofspuds wrote:

Your opinion ? ....Hahahahahahaha, ok got to hold it in....*starts to crack up* hahahaha *wipes a tear* Classic, It's supposed to be YOUR opinion, so why is it VERY similar to other threads ? Also (I hate it, that i have to mention this all the time) what is the point of a different gun with similar stats ? It will probably still be used as the SMG or not be used at all.

can you provide a link to forum page which has opinions which are exactly the same as mine? no
so what if there similar maybe or opinions our similar?
and why would you use it when it has a lower damage per second if have a brain you will know that the smg kills faster
thekingofspuds

Postby Funk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:20 pm

the thing is the smg is a great Assault rifle as it is.
useing a little skill you can get a 2 hit kill out to the fog.
Funk

Postby thekingofspuds » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Funk wrote:the thing is the smg is a great Assault rifle as it is.

finally someone with a opinion
thekingofspuds

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:23 pm

No.SMG is already a pretty good assault rifle right now.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby armandux1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:28 pm

thekingofspuds wrote:
Funk wrote:the thing is the smg is a great Assault rifle as it is.

finally someone with a opinion

Finally ? Ahem this part of mine "what is the point of a different gun with similar stats ?" is called an opinion and do i really need to dig through the suggestion forum just to find a suggestion that basicly mentions the same gun, but with slightly different stats ?
AoS is NOT Minecraft with guns !!!
armandux1

Postby Gorman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:18 am

thekingofspuds wrote:everyone has a individual opinion so I cannot express mine? and last time i checked its not on the do not suggest list.

I think Halo explained the situation badly, let me try and explain it to you:
Every other day we get threads about "let's add this weapon" or "let's add more weapons", and assault rifle comes up very often, as you would expect. Now since a lot of us have been here for a while, naturally we have discussed the subject MANY times. We do not want to have to restate ourselves and reiterate over many threads. Thus to prevent this situation we encourage users to use the search function and read the DNS list. Of course, that list is just the work of 1 person, and so does not cover everything. Just because it is or is not on the list is not a definitive answer. However I can tell you definitely that there are at least 10 threads on this topic already.

Furthermore each thread is not "Let me pitch you my idea", it is a discussion about the validity and implementation of an idea - should we add more weapons? Should we add an assault rifle specifically? How should we implement such a thing? With what values?

So the idea of "no one has ever posted this exact implementation of this idea" is not valid, you can go and bump any of the other threads and continue the discussion there.

Well, since I suspect you simply will not accept that explanation, I will recap the previous discussions:
1. Assault rifle will not be sufficiently different from other weapons and thus would not offer any tactical differences
2. Many people already skin the SMG as an assault rifle so why bother
3. IRL assault rifles are superior to SMG in every way, except they are bigger, since big weapons in game cause no disadvantage, this is effectively just a buffed SMG - or some weird gun that just carries the name "assault rifle".

Well, there was more than that, but I think that is sufficient to indicate the rejection such ideas face.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Tek2 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:06 am

I would personally prefer a burst firing assault rifle which would have a bigger difference to smg.
Tek2

Postby greace » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Disagreed.
I only want these weapons I have.
I am fine with them and I don't want anymore weapons.
If you do not look behind yourself, I will secretly steal your cheese.
A man who once did this, ended up being a cheese cake.
(This sig had more awesomeness before it was gone)
greace

Next

Return to Game