Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Mortar Concept

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Mortar Concept

Postby SnaJperME » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:07 am

no stupid squads and etc.

Mortar

-Choice-
-Rotate set angle-
-Fire-
-look at popup map "m"-
-Find the hit place-
Last edited by SnaJperME on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SnaJperME

Postby Mio » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK9tcHYTne8

That's how BF3 mortar imba, and I never wanted mortar again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngnKGF0EdDk
'On Jan 24th', Congress will vote to pass internet censorship in the Senate, even though the vast majority of Americans are opposed. We need to kill the bill - PIPA and SOPA - to protect our rights to free speech, privacy, and prosperity.
Mio

Postby Tigershield » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Mortars are a good idea, but airstrike needs to be removed then.

And no killstreak to get the mortar.

What about a squad system where each squad can get 1 mortar weapon. And to protect from player abuse. The hole squad needs to be full to actually get one. Well thinking about this idea, what if a squad combines all there kills to unlock the weapon. But it still is a killstreak dammit.

like lets say the squad needs to gather 50 kills combined. For a mortar system. You can reload shells at the tent.
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
Tigershield

Postby SnaJperME » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Stiivais wrote:You would rotate your view and it would show place where it will hit on the popup map, like artillery in game Arma2.

Great *takes off hat* You spoke for me (arma2 & wolfenstein enemy territory)

Would make them need skill and you can see them popup on the map cause blind mortar fire no that would be rly painful :(

PS. Stop talking about mortar a pickup weapon it should stay near the other 3 guns! or it would be like ou duck you you stealed my mortar i want it !!! and etc

mortars will help gameplay (much people said that that will be a spawn and camp weapon) :

1.It will make totally new game experience
2.People will make roof/shelter
3.the Camouflage of bunkers trenches etc. will help you make you invisible ( Rly cool )
4.It will make the Aos more a war game iamgine.. A trench mortar sheels hiting the ground and trowing dirt all around...
5.Yay new weapons + Aos is a great game where you got destructible terrain and then not using bombs mortars and etc?
SnaJperME

Postby CalenLoki » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Vote for angle-aiming mortars (W:ET style)
Point and click (as shown in BF3) is just too easy.

About details:
-mortars as primary weapons (we need handguns first)
-RPF 1 per 3 seconds
-10 rounds, so you can use it either for defence (close to tent), short massed barrage while attacking or slowly picking camper spots. NOT for constant spawncamping.
-destruction power the same as nades (3x3x3, high damage radius against players)
-max range 4 grids (half of the map)
-hit indicator on the minimap (there should be for every explosion btw) - for further ranges you either need visual confirmation (up to fog range), spotting teammate, reading destruction from main map (see where new brown 3x3 dot appeared) or be really good at intuitive aiming.
-large (like 10 blocks long) puff of smoke after every shoot. I know it's unrealistic, but we don't want invisible mortars. And you can still fire without being noticed if you spend some time digging 10 blocks deep pit.

Nothing new, just stating my opinion: I'm for hard to use but effective weapon, with multiple various valid tactics possible, not some easy point-at-spawn bullshit like current airstrikes.
In pace leones, in bello cervi
CalenLoki

Postby DaDMaR » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:07 am

Think CalenLoki is on the right track.

I see the current airstrikes as napalm - player damage high / area damage small.

Personal mortars are high arc medium range weapons should need spotter to direct effective fire (team work).

So range should be just over fog limit ( you fire near blind out of sniper range).(team work).
Also should replace grenade.( 3 x shells per person) (easier to implement strait away)
Mortar should explode only with contact with voxel (land / building ect.).
Damage directed downwards from point of impact.(3x3)
(um... like a mortar shell)

Not as BF3 with satellite guidance and infrared heat mini-map indicators.

Mini-map indicator should be the damage done to the landscape.
DaDMaR

Postby Build » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAD2_1hBwN4

- Something similar to this might be good. If we can assume that all units have the same view range.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Previous

Return to Game