Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

My List of Ideas (Extra Classes, Traps, Ammo, etc.)

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: My List of Ideas (Classes, Traps, Ammo, etc.)

Postby SDiederick » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Reriiru wrote:
lolpwned23 wrote: a builder class would be nice

Any class whould be bad in this game. It is not battlefield, this game is not suppoused to have any classes. Also, ladders whould be nice for sure.

Purely opinion, classes can potentially benefit, just look at Team Fortress 2(the game that AOS was based on) or Day of Defeat: Source(the theme of AOS)
SDiederick

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:25 pm

It depends on the kind of the game.And AoS wasnt BASED on TF,as far as I know it was just inspired by it =P

Also,it is what was said before.Specially in AoS,classes would either have one of em dominating,or some of them being simple and useless junk,no middleground possible.
Anyway,why even need classes,many people doesnt like to be restricted to choose the one that is closer to their play stile.For example,in BF3,if I could,I would have Assault weapons,but with the C4 from the Support (believe me,it is the best multi-purpose tool on that game).
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby SDiederick » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:13 am

ChaosTLW wrote:It depends on the kind of the game.And AoS wasnt BASED on TF,as far as I know it was just inspired by it =P

Also,it is what was said before.Specially in AoS,classes would either have one of em dominating,or some of them being simple and useless junk,no middleground possible.
Anyway,why even need classes,many people doesnt like to be restricted to choose the one that is closer to their play stile.For example,in BF3,if I could,I would have Assault weapons,but with the C4 from the Support (believe me,it is the best multi-purpose tool on that game).

1. Based, inspired same thing
2. Well of course classes will dominate each other but that doesn't mean that they would be junk. More like a dynamic equilibrium/ying-yang/french fries to chicken nuggets, etc ;)
SDiederick

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:19 pm

sigh...You didnt understood what I meant...

It is almost impossible to make classes without ONE of them dominating all the others,or with A FEW of them being better than the other to the extent that NO FUCKING ONE will use these others.
Seriously,it is better to just be able to choose your weapon,then choose a equipment,without all this Batshit of being limited to do just one thing because you are using the weapon you like.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby SDiederick » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Fine, I added a Plan B for all the class haters out there :P
SDiederick

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Still dont like it.
It should stay the same as it is now,just with an Equipment Slot where you could select between grenades,medkit or extra blocks.
#1 most active member

ChaosTLW

Postby SDiederick » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:26 am

I decided to get rid of the "original" class ideas but kept the extras ;)
SDiederick

Postby Frostified » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:19 am

SDiederick wrote:This is my list of things that should be added to Ace of Spades:
1. Addition of a primary deploy-able machine gun
2. Going on top/near/close to a weapon recovers 25% max ammo for all items except for blocks and grenades
3. Grenades can be thrown back
4. Smoke grenades? in the grenade slot
5. Doors/Entrances, panels?, ladders, etc.
6. Traps?(fake blocks that break when stepped over, spike blocks that do lots of damage, mine blocks that explode?, etc.)
7. Plan A: Addition of extra classes:
Heavy class- machine gun that is deploy-able, spade, 50 blocks, 3 grenades
Builder class- pistol, spade, 75 blocks and has 25 traps(10 fake blocks, 10 spike blocks, 5 mine blocks)
Medic class- pistol, spade, 14 pills, 4 health kits, 50 blocks
Plan B: Being able to pick-up dropped weapons(which gets rid of idea #2)
8. A good anti-cheat/banning system(steam integration?)(This should be added when/if the game stops being free)
9. A main menu with a server browser and options
10. A "creative mode" where people can build a map together?
11. Small bleed-out(bleeding that causes health to drain) upon damage(For a few seconds only)

That's pretty much it but more might be added/removed ;)

1.At least not for now.
2. Idk, but if you mean pickups, then thats ok.
3. Maybe.
4. I don't think aos can handle this
5. Why, just why.
6. Alot of debate has gone for this, And I Support it. I think it'd be good if we had a "Trap" system.
7. Oh god no. A classes script was made for aos a few months ago: It ruined many servers.
I don't think we need classes, it makes things needlessly complex.
8. Easier said than done. And personallly, I wouldn't pay for this.
9. Easier said than done.
10. Something like this has been quite popular in aos maps, you can actually save the map whilst your playing it! that's how people save their work.
11. HELL no. I take enough damage already thank you.
<Grandy> Just wanted to say I hate you all
<StackOverflow> rambo famous is like being nicki minaj famous
<StackOverflow> you haven't really accomplished anything and everybody laughs at you
Frostified

Postby SDiederick » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Frostified wrote:1.At least not for now.
3. Maybe.
5. Why, just why.
6. Alot of debate has gone for this, And I Support it. I think it'd be good if we had a "Trap" system.
7. Oh god no. A classes script was made for aos a few months ago: It ruined many servers.
10. Something like this has been quite popular in aos maps, you can actually save the map whilst your playing it! that's how people save their work.

1-4. eh
5. The doors/entrances should be used as a spawn protection(panels to open them?)and ladders is self-explanatory
6-7. eh
8. If the game was free then cheaters could easily just make a new account
9. eh
10. changed that a little
11. Perhaps this should be optional such as a "hardcore mode" for Pros...*ehem* :)
SDiederick

Postby Soldierboy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:22 pm

SDiederick wrote:
Frostified wrote:1.At least not for now.
3. Maybe.
5. Why, just why.

1-4. eh
5. The doors/entrances should be used as a spawn protection(panels to open them?)and ladders is self-explanatory
6-7. eh
8. If the game was free then cheaters could easily just make a new account
9. eh
10. changed that a little
11. Perhaps this should be optional such as a "hardcore mode" for Pros...*ehem* :)

I agree with the doors, ladders, etc.. with the traps too. I want a support, gunner class with an LMG, pistol and maybe ammo boxes/crates and a nade, smoke nade. I also want an engi class with more and more stronger blocks with a better spade and a choosable weapon, and finally a scout/sniper with a sniper rifle with binoculars and only he could call in airstrikes/morterstrikes. You mean that all other game which are bought don't have cheaters on them? Or you only mean about the steam ones because Steam ones have hackers too just not so many as in AoS..... But somebody said that the game would be like 10 bucks or something when it's finished, I'm willing to pay if it turnes out good.
IGN: [L3G]$oldierboy
My mods
My videos
My clan, click the picture to join!
Soldierboy

Location: Born in Washington D.C, USA but live in Bulgaria, EU

Previous

Return to Game