Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Postby Putin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:46 pm

^ Yep but @Varun wants that the semi is every time 100% accurate. And got no movement accuracy decease.
I still stay at my point : rifle should be 100% accurate (when stand / Crouch ) but running jumping and making headshots with it while running makes is totally not acceptable.
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby Varun » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:53 am

Varun wrote:Ok Putin, how about you give us the links to the thousand threads. Also, I hope you realize that there could be twenty thousand threads, but the same, small, discontented group of malcontents are the ones making the threads. Show me the people who want a nerf, then compare them with the people who want it buffed/stay the same. I think it should stay the same. A lot of people agree. Some say it should be buffed. A lot of people agree. Very few think it needs a nerf. Most people disagree. I don't mind whether it gets buffed, or stays the same, but I do have a problem with a nerf.

*cough* Its not 100% accurate at the moment *cough*

@Chaos, yeah I realise that. What I mean is, the people who want it to stay the same, be buffed, know a lot about what they are talking about.

Putin wants the rifle's move accuracy to be nerfed, but that would put frontline snipers at an even greater disadvantage. What about on maps where moving is imperative? Where you have to move if you don't want to get shot? You would screw that up.

If you keep getting sniped while moving around, don't move out of cover so often. If you actually tried to out think your semi wielding foe, you would be able to beat him, instead of crying because he killed you while you tried to move closer, without using cover. Newsflash! If you stay out in the open, expect to get sniped.

Crouch moving with the semi is what most people do. If they get sprayed at by smg noobs, they just move away. But they would not be able to do that, because their accuracy would go way down.

You want the semi nerfed, after it already got nerfed, and the smg got buffed?

I want it the same. You want it nerfed, even though it already has been? :/

If you can't stop yourself from being semi-sniped, then too bad. Use cover ore often, and you will be fine, or at least survive longer than if you dart from cover to cover, praying you won't get shot.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:20 am

Varun wrote:
Varun wrote:Ok Putin, how about you give us the links to the thousand threads. Also, I hope you realize that there could be twenty thousand threads, but the same, small, discontented group of malcontents are the ones making the threads. Show me the people who want a nerf, then compare them with the people who want it buffed/stay the same. I think it should stay the same. A lot of people agree. Some say it should be buffed. A lot of people agree. Very few think it needs a nerf. Most people disagree. I don't mind whether it gets buffed, or stays the same, but I do have a problem with a nerf.

*cough* Its not 100% accurate at the moment *cough*

@Chaos, yeah I realise that. What I mean is, the people who want it to stay the same, be buffed, know a lot about what they are talking about.

Putin wants the rifle's move accuracy to be nerfed, but that would put frontline snipers at an even greater disadvantage. What about on maps where moving is imperative? Where you have to move if you don't want to get shot? You would screw that up.

If you keep getting sniped while moving around, don't move out of cover so often. If you actually tried to out think your semi wielding foe, you would be able to beat him, instead of crying because he killed you while you tried to move closer, without using cover. Newsflash! If you stay out in the open, expect to get sniped.

Crouch moving with the semi is what most people do. If they get sprayed at by smg noobs, they just move away. But they would not be able to do that, because their accuracy would go way down.

You want the semi nerfed, after it already got nerfed, and the smg got buffed?

I want it the same. You want it nerfed, even though it already has been? :/

If you can't stop yourself from being semi-sniped, then too bad. Use cover ore often, and you will be fine, or at least survive longer than if you dart from cover to cover, praying you won't get shot.

Well, I myself do not have a problem with being sniper. It is just that it does not make sense at all.When you walk, your gun does not stay in a perfect position all the time, it shakes in your arms, it does not stay pointed to a fixed point the entire time, flawlessly.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Paratrooper » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:59 am

Probably just decrease of all weapons when unzoomed.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Varun » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 am

@Chaos
I know. I think that when not aiming down the sides, the accuracy should not be poor, which it is at the moment. But if you are moving while aiming, then accuracy should be just as good or, at least, almost as good.

Have you seen those cop shows where the police move into the room at a slow sort of pace while aiming down their weapons? They have fairly good accuracy then because they are moving slowly so as to not jog their arms, and thus retain accuracy. This is shown ingame. You don't move as fast while aiming, but you have less recoil.

If you are moving while aiming, it makes no sense for there to be poor accuracy, since in real life if you moved like that (Aiming and moving slowly) you would have good accuracy.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Varun wrote:@Chaos
I know. I think that when not aiming down the sides, the accuracy should not be poor, which it is at the moment. But if you are moving while aiming, then accuracy should be just as good or, at least, almost as good.

Have you seen those cop shows where the police move into the room at a slow sort of pace while aiming down their weapons? They have fairly good accuracy then because they are moving slowly so as to not jog their arms, and thus retain accuracy. This is shown ingame. You don't move as fast while aiming, but you have less recoil.

If you are moving while aiming, it makes no sense for there to be poor accuracy, since in real life if you moved like that (Aiming and moving slowly) you would have good accuracy.

Exactly. What I ment is that the accuracy when moving and not aiming should not be the same.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Varun » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:58 am

Yeah. No scope accuracy shouldn't be good at a range, but close up, it can save you against smgers. So maybe noscope could be bad at long range, ok at close range.

What do you want, Putin? To make the semi basically a stationary weapon? Is that what you want?
Varun
{RS} Leader

Postby aceospades » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:51 am

I don't think the rifle needs nerfing, we just need people to lay down the ban hammer on people that cheat while using it.
Is that you Luigi?
aceospades

Postby Varun » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:54 am

What? What do you mean, cheat. We aren't talking about cheaters, we're talking about some people's inability to handle a semi user, and so think that it needs a nerf. Those people need to learn that war aint fun, it ain't fair, and if you don't Like it, too bad.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Postby MrMeow » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:38 am

You mean make it bolt-action?
Okay, Then it'd have to be more accurate.
ImageImage

<@StackOverflow> lets not get frisky here

On a boat for 1 week.
MrMeow

Postby Putin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Varun wrote:Yeah. No scope accuracy shouldn't be good at a range, but close up, it can save you against smgers. So maybe noscope could be bad at long range, ok at close range.

What do you want, Putin? To make the semi basically a stationary weapon? Is that what you want?

Yes. I'm sick of semi idiots running and making headshots at fog range , it somehow isn't possible , balanced and makes the gameplay a pure COD game cause you dont need cover to shot you can simply run. Also about the " stationary weapon " no... but lowering its accuracy (not totally how you think) at run jump and etc. should be one of the major balance fixes.
Putin

Postby Varun » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:20 pm

It's already fairly hard to run and shoot. And you talk about semi idiots? The smg is a spray and pray weapons, that's what ninety percent of people use it as. How many decent players do you know that charge around with a semi, running and sniping? And it's not so easy as you thin to get headshots at fog range. It's not too hard, but it's still not as easy as you make it out to be.

Hardly anyone runs around spraying with the semi. Seriously, who does that?
Varun
{RS} Leader

Postby Putin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Varun wrote:Hardly anyone runs around spraying with the semi. Seriously, who does that?

Me ? Everyone ? Its way easier to run and cut off heads at fog range , then playing tactical , and use building and team tactics.

Also smg got crap DMG so i dont knew why is it such a feared weapon ? I stopped playing with SMG cause i get pissed off from the Damage that reminds me of a air-soft gun. And now even your logic crap-dmg + crap-acc = profit?
Putin

Postby XxsnipahxX » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:15 pm

why not when you click its only one shot, then you have to click again for another shot.
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Postby Varun » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:20 pm

@Putin
Two hit kill headshot is crap huh? And how about giving actual examples of people who run around spraying with the semi, instead of saying "Me? Everyone?". Saying that does not make it so. Don't make generalisations you cannot prove. I know for a fact that I don't. I'm part of everyone. Most of the decent players I have seen, and played with, don't go running around like a headless chicken spraying the enemy with a rifle. And I do believe that they are part of this "everyone" you speak of.

How many snipers think it's tactical to charge smg users and try to snipe while running? I don't. And a fair few people will agree.

Also, stay on topic. We are talking about the semi, not the supposedly "crap" smg damage. Make another topic if you want to discuss it.
Varun
{RS} Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Game