Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Postby Varun » Wed May 23, 2012 6:36 am

Putin wrote:^ Sure leave it 100% accurate and make this game a idiot noob friendly crap game.
This game needs a gun balance what mans no 100% acc rifles at jump run and etc.

I never run and shoot. Its fairly hard. I'm all for leaving the rifle the way it is now.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby DrPain » Thu May 24, 2012 3:57 am

Paratrooper wrote:Maybe you just suck with the SMG.

I really don't know about you, but the SMG outperforms the Rifle in close and mid-range combat many ways, moving or standing.

Suck it up. Gee.

Rifles have oneshot headshots
Your arguement is invalid
DrPain

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Thu May 24, 2012 4:00 am

DrPain wrote:

I really don't know about you, but the SMG outperforms the Rifle in close and mid-range combat many ways, moving or standing.

Suck it up. Gee.

But Riilfemen never have enough time to react with a SMGer in close range. You will dead within half a second.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby Paratrooper » Thu May 24, 2012 4:03 am

DrPain wrote:

Suck it up. Gee.

An SMG fires much faster than the Rifle AND a higher dps.

Where does that put my argument?
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu May 24, 2012 4:03 am

DrPain wrote:

Suck it up. Gee.

One-hit-Headshots are useless if a submachinegun mows you down to a paste of blood and meat before you can even get your sights near his head.
Your "arguement" is invalid.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Varun » Thu May 24, 2012 7:33 am

DrPain wrote:

ROFLMAO!!!!!

The smg has a rate of fire of around 500 RPM. At close range, there is almost no way in hell that the rifle can outperform the smg. Even if you shoot their head, it rarely registers because they have already pumped you with a dozen rounds.

Your argument, I'm afraid, is invalid, good sir.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby DrPain » Fri May 25, 2012 1:57 am

ChaosTLW wrote:
DrPain wrote:

Suck it up. Gee.

One-hit-Headshots are useless if a submachinegun mows you down to a paste of blood and meat before you can even get your sights near his head.

Getting a headshot in this game is easy enough so that it can be done as quickly as aiming toward the body
The SMG's average damage per second may be higher than the rifle's, but it's so simple to get a headshot that in almost any situation, the rifle would kill any smg user.
I've used all the weapons, and even got quite good use out of both the smg and the shotgun, but in the end, the rifle still makes the both of these weapons useless.
Even without scope PNG's
DrPain

Postby Paratrooper » Fri May 25, 2012 2:15 am

I'd agree with your personal testament, as I find that the SMG is superior to the rifle in close to mid-range combat.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby vezok » Fri May 25, 2012 7:08 am

The smg is obviously better than the rifle. People think the rifle is better because it is what the more experienced players use. The problem with the smg is that it requires zero skill to use. That way, any noob can kill a pro.
Personally, I don't like it when noobs can beat pros.
Vezok killed SnIpEr (spade)
vezok

Postby Paratrooper » Fri May 25, 2012 8:05 am

[*]
vezok wrote:The smg is obviously better than the rifle. People think the rifle is better because it is what the more experienced players use. The problem with the smg is that it requires zero skill to use. That way, any noob can kill a pro.
Personally, I don't like it when noobs can beat pros.

Prior to .75, the SMG was much less popular than the semi. It was a very popular weapon immediately after .75, when its damage was increased. Now, two month after the release, the SMG and the Semi equal out, leaving the Shotgun the runt of the litter.

I think Ben should balance it out so that the guns are best at the range they were build for. Shotguns excel in close-range. SMG in medium range, and Semi in long range. All holes could be patched up with a well-build team.

Now, it is very easy for a semi (or an smg) to take out anyone regardless of range. I'm not sure how to balance this out, but maybe they could:

-Remove/Decrease zooms in all weapons;
    -Remove the target.png permanently;
    -Increase the recoil for the Semi;
    -Decrease damage and accuracy for the SMG; and
    -Fix the firing cone of the shotgun, so that most of the shots would most likely land on or around the center.

Basically, weapon balance should be changed so that aiming down the iron sights is an important key skill for weapons and so that weapons are more specialized towards a certain role in the battlefield.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby DrPain » Sat May 26, 2012 3:07 am

The SMG should get it's skin changed to the P90
If you play Counter strike you'll know what I'm talking about
DrPain

Postby Putin » Sat May 26, 2012 9:57 am

^ Yep but the mp5 is a way nicer looking weapon. :P

-Decrease damage and accuracy for the SMG; and
@Paratrooper

Dont make me hate you -_-
If you want to make it for mid range changing acc would be totally enough. Making the now Rubber bullets paper bullets would really be sick and prvoke much smg players , why not to make semi dmg less and its acc low ? why must the SMG be every time fucked up ? Finally Both weapons are used the same , but no... you must make it like on 0.70 where 5% of server players use SMG. And make The SEMI the only weapon again.
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby Varun » Sat May 26, 2012 10:27 am

Ahem. The smg is a two hit kill with headshots. It also has a fire rate of over 500 rpm. The semi has a fire rate of 120 rpm but takes 1 hit to headshot kill. The smg takes two shots to headshot kill, but fires almost five times faster. That is a problem. The semi can stay the same, but the smg needs a nerf.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat May 26, 2012 2:11 pm

DrPain wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:
DrPain wrote:

Getting a headshot in this game is easy enough so that it can be done as quickly as aiming toward the body
The SMG's average damage per second may be higher than the rifle's, but it's so simple to get a headshot that in almost any situation, the rifle would kill any smg user.
I've used all the weapons, and even got quite good use out of both the smg and the shotgun, but in the end, the rifle still makes the both of these weapons useless.
Even without scope PNG's

You didn't understood me. Most of the time at close and medium range, the submachinegunner will kill you before you can aim at him. Unless you have really high mouse sensitivity.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Varun » Sat May 26, 2012 3:32 pm

^Either that, or your shot won't register, even though you shot first.
Varun
{RS} Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Game