Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Postby MrChucklez » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:42 pm

I know a lot of people say that the rifle should be nerfed. I absolutally agree. I use it as a battle rifle, but that's not what it should be. Right now it's good for dropping people at close range, medium range, and long range. All i'm saying is that its fire speed should be slower. However, it doesn't need a damage drop. What does the community think.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
He's Awesome
MrChucklez

Re: Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Postby Dblz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:09 am

I agree. The damages are good and the 1shot headshot is normal , but he can beat a Shotgun at middle/close range because the rifle firing too fast , you can spam bullets and kill them.
Anyway , slowing the rifle firing speed could balance the weapons choices ingame ( actually in normal maps like 60% rifle , 35% smg and 5% shotgun ... )
Dblz

Postby SIMOX » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:50 pm

The problem noone ever thinks is that rifle is always accurate. No matter you are running, jumping, etc. It will always hit it's target 100% pin-point. It's perfectly accurate even when not looking through the iron sights.

I assume that rifle is not bolt action so it actually shouldn't be slower. The accuracy should be lowered while running and I think that would solve the problem.
My all mods are Here. My first map is Here
Plays Ace of Spades since 2011 April 11 [0.21]
SIMOX

Postby Dblz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:01 pm

Yeah that's right , I didn't thinked that way !
Dblz

Postby Monsteri » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:38 pm

I don't think the rifle needs nerfs, I see all weapons frequently used and frequently mastered. And btw, it seems to have less accuracy when not in ironsights.. at least in some version it had. Not sure about the version now.

But you should get the ironsights dropped when climbing / jumping, that's how it used to be in the older versions, and I don't understand why it was taken out.
Monsteri

Postby Garamond » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:40 am

MrChucklez wrote:I know a lot of people say that the rifle should be nerfed. I absolutally agree. I use it as a battle rifle, but that's not what it should be. Right now it's good for dropping people at close range, medium range, and long range. All i'm saying is that its fire speed should be slower. However, it doesn't need a damage drop. What does the community think.

What would be better (but more complex) would be a 'wind' effect on maps. Forcing riflemen to compensate for the wind when SMG/shotgunners really wouldn't care would even things out a bit.
Proud brony. I make weapons skins!
Garamond

Postby Gorman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 am

SIMOX wrote:The problem noone ever thinks is that rifle is always accurate. No matter you are running, jumping, etc. It will always hit it's target 100% pin-point. It's perfectly accurate even when not looking through the iron sights.

I assume that rifle is not bolt action so it actually shouldn't be slower. The accuracy should be lowered while running and I think that would solve the problem.

No, semi has a small scatter last time I checked - this is at all times even when viewing down the sights.

As for adding special provisions to make the semi inaccurate in special circumstances;
Adding additional special systems is unnatural, and unneeded. As you may have noticed, it physically is harder to shoot someone in the head if you are running and jumping. I don't think anyone will claim "no it is just as easy to hit someone while you are doing a 360 no scope jump off a roof at a target who is running and dodging as it is to shoot someone who is standing still".

Keep AoS simple, intuitive, and not based on luck
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby CalenLoki » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:38 am

Reducing accuracy while running don't need to be based on luck. i.e. it can be done with your cross-hair (or whole vision) moving (wobbling) in not random circles (or in U - like motion) when you walk - you can still overcome it with skill, but for newbs it will be harder to shoot while running.
Simple (still: crosshair on enemy head=kill), intuitive (walking, even on flat ground=bad accuracy. Just like IRL), not based on luck.

It would affect all weapons of course, but those which can spray won't be harmed that much.
In pace leones, in bello cervi
CalenLoki

Postby SIMOX » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:09 am

Gorman wrote:As for adding special provisions to make the semi inaccurate in special circumstances;
Adding additional special systems is unnatural, and unneeded. As you may have noticed, it physically is harder to shoot someone in the head if you are running and jumping. I don't think anyone will claim "no it is just as easy to hit someone while you are doing a 360 no scope jump off a roof at a target who is running and dodging as it is to shoot someone who is standing still".

Keep AoS simple, intuitive, and not based on luck

What I'm talking about is Dynamic Crosshair.
Run=sh*t accuracy
Walk=Better
Stand=Good
Crouched=Perfect
SIMOX

Postby HollidaySpessa » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:12 am

Dear MrChucklez,

Slowing down the rifle would make a headshot a near 100% need. There is a reason why it takes 3 hits to the body to kill someone, and one to the head. It is better than having the SMG have the current damage of the rifle.

Semper Games,

Holliday Spessa

سمبر ألعاب
HollidaySpessa

Postby Articsledder » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:45 pm

The Semi kind is supposed to be a battle rifle. I agree with simox, it should be hard to use when running.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby TBS » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:03 pm

lolno, don't do that. If you're going to nerf it add gravity or something. just because that's something you can master. low accuracy is not, that's luck.
TBS
Bastion Member

Postby Reblogo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:52 pm

TBS wrote:lolno, don't do that. If you're going to nerf it add gravity or something. just because that's something you can master. low accuracy is not, that's luck.

mastery would be knowing to stay still when shooting with it.
mastery is mastery. no b***s*** :|
Join Ninjarism.
Reblogo

Location: East midlands, England, UK, Planet Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Postby Gorman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:54 am

SIMOX wrote:What I'm talking about is Dynamic Crosshair.
Run=sh*t accuracy
Walk=Better
Stand=Good
Crouched=Perfect

Dynamic crosshair is one of the silliest features ever. The gun always shoots at where it is pointed, moving it fast does not magically make the gun less accurate.

The only way to implement this "reasonably" would be to have a "drunken crosshair" (with the gun still shooting where the crosshair aims) which would just look silly.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby SIMOX » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:42 am

Gorman wrote:Dynamic crosshair is one of the silliest features ever. The gun always shoots at where it is pointed, moving it fast does not magically make the gun less accurate.

It makes YOU less accurate not the weapon. One does not simply understand the simple logic.
There's Dynamic Crosshair in Counter-strike so what? Ppl shoot those AVP's like pro's.
SIMOX

Next

Return to Game