Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Postby Narkumir » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Well, it's a rifle. If it was named a SNIPER rifle then that's when they would need to lower the fire rate unless it's a semi auto sniper rifle but still. Honestly, it should be a bolt action rifle and turned into a FULL sniper rifle because the rifle is technically a slower assault rifle which is why it's accuracy is amazing at great ranges and even close combat.

All together I think AoS should add bullet drop. That messes with aimbotters and it will force the player to use skill.
Like after every 20 blocks or so, your bullet drops a bit and it constantly does that after every 20 blocks because the rifle with some mods and your shots are just dead on (except if you get bad mods :P). (Bullet drop will only effect rifles though. Shotguns will get more spread and SMG will be range nerf)

SMG, that should definitely get a distance nerf because of how you can basically go sniping with it and because of it's outrageous DPC (Damage per Clip), you can just start mowing down groups of enemies with EASE.
ImageImageImageImage
Narkumir

Postby MrMeow » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:18 pm

I don't think the shotgun needs more spread, Although I really want a bolt-action rifle. I think it may be called "Semi" to encourage more play styles with it, for instance I use it as a recon/scouting rifle to find vantage points and get rid of enemy presence in the immediate area.
ImageImage

<@StackOverflow> lets not get frisky here

On a boat for 1 week.
MrMeow

Postby Putin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Varun wrote:Are you serious? Boost it how? To how much? You can already kill fifteen people with a single smg clip. That's none too likely, but its possible. Like someone before me stated,the smg has the highest damage per clip. Which means, if you don't understand that, that you can do a lot more damage to players with the smg than with the semi, provided you use it correctly.

And I'll thank you not to call me stupid. Leave us not forget rule 2b http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1

1.Cry somewhere else
2.If smg got highest RoF and DPC doesnt mean its better cause it lacks on accuracy cause of the spread.
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby Commodore » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:05 pm

I dont understand really much in weapons, but I know how they are in battle.

Rifle: It should get some limitations for close combat(I sometimes go spawncamping by doing noscope headshots). Let damage and reloading time as it is, because it is better for pros(if there were a weapon with 0.00000001 damage and you would make a headshot with it, it still would be a one hit kill).

SMG: Nerf its range. I hate SMG snipers. Make it better for combat between rifle and shotgun.

Shotgun: How about any accuracy? It should have a chance like the SMG that at least one bullet hits where you are aiming to.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby Putin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Commodore wrote:Rifle: It should get some limitations for close combat(I sometimes go spawncamping by doing noscope headshots). Let damage and reloading time as it is, because it is better for pros(if there were a weapon with 0.00000001 damage and you would make a headshot with it, it still would be a one hit kill).

The most problem is you can run at a enemy an snipe his head off really not balanced and idiotic

Commodore wrote:SMG: Nerf its range. I hate SMG snipers. Make it better for combat between rifle and shotgun.

That cant be done without a SMG damage or Movement accuracy boost. Any way it doesn't matter what lams you the most what matters is that at 0.70 90%used SEMI now its like 50%-50%

Commodore wrote:Shotgun: How about any accuracy? It should have a chance like the SMG that at least one bullet hits where you are aiming to.

Much people liked the 0.70 Shotgun where you could kill at very very far away , "Maybe" to far but half of 0.70-ACC would be fine.
Putin

Postby DrunkenChild » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:54 am

What is their to nerf about it, A rifle in RL is supposed to be highpowered and accurate as shit.
want to see a magic trick click the pic

http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6420&p=179752&hilit=drunk#p179752

There is only 5 in a six pack
I'm not fat, it's just a beer belly
DrunkenChild

Postby DrunkenChild » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:55 am

What is their to nerf about it, A rifle in RL is supposed to be highpowered and accurate as shit.
Last edited by DrunkenChild on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6420&p=179752&hilit=drunk#p179752

DrunkenChild

Postby Putin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:47 am

Why you spam? It is accurate but not at running and jumping.
Putin

Postby DrunkenChild » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Putin wrote:Why you spam? It is accurate but not at running and jumping.

Its accurate while runnin and jumpping its just youthats un accurate and how the uck did i double post? *scrtches head*

DrunkenChild

Postby Commodore » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:01 am

I used the SMG to snipe at the half of the rifle range. It sucks that SMG noobs can be as good as skilled snipers just because if you shoot enough bullets, at least one will hit.
Commodore

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:37 am

Yeah, I just set up a small bunker on the blue side of the river in a gen map, on Minit US, and started to have sniper battle with enemy snipers, all while using SMG.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Varun » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:38 am

I think Putin is the only one who thinks the smg can't be used at long range in 0.75.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Commodore » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:41 pm

No I think that too.
Commodore

Postby Putin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 am

^Hehe see up
Its very hard to snipe with smg if someone got cover at long range its near impossible . Its good if he is in open space trough but nothing omg good.
Putin

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Putin wrote:^Hehe see up
Its very hard to snipe with smg if someone got cover at long range its near impossible . Its good if he is in open space trough but nothing omg good.

Break his cover
Snipe the enemy
???
PROFIT
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

PreviousNext

Return to Game