Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Postby Putin » Sat May 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Varun wrote:Ahem. The smg is a two hit kill with headshots. It also has a fire rate of over 500 rpm. The semi has a fire rate of 120 rpm but takes 1 hit to headshot kill. The smg takes two shots to headshot kill, but fires almost five times faster. That is a problem. The semi can stay the same, but the smg needs a nerf.

That means , even if the SMG's rate of fire is 500000 Semi would kill faster cause it kills instantly. Also SMG got big recoil what prevents it from making so easly headshots at range even on single shoot/burst the spread of bullets is to great to snipe.
And Semi got near no movement accuracy decease while SMG is useless at movement . So what making semi even weaker and less acc ?

The best balance prof is when players chose " 50-50 " the weapons what is now so. Every one uses both weapons the same , but no you want the Semi to be the only weapon that is use-able.
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby Paratrooper » Sat May 26, 2012 6:05 pm

The trouble is, if the first shot of the semi misses, you're done for.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby DrPain » Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 am

Only if the submachine gunner is accurate, and if you notice eachother at precicely the same time.
Which leads me to another advantage of the semi. The semi is effective in infantries, but it's even more powerful when you are undetected by your targets, since unless you miss, your opponent won't even know what hit him. When timed correctly, combined with periodic relocation, allows you to make an entire team your bitch, working particularly well when your opponents are already distracted by a group of players on your team, you can undermine your enemies defenses, and easily allow your team to advance
DrPain

Postby Paratrooper » Sun May 27, 2012 12:16 am

The semi is built for sniping. One the other hand, the SMG is built for assault.

Of course, the semi would win if the player is sneaky -- that's its purpose.

Try demolishing cover or suppressing enemies with the semi. I could assure you that it wouldn't work out as well as when using the SMG.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Putin » Sun May 27, 2012 12:28 am

Paratrooper wrote:The SMG is more effective at destroying cover and suppressing the enemy.

The semi could hardly accomplish the two.

1. Sure the SMG is better at suppressing the enemy... hahaha xD
We all knew if you keep your head out of the window it will be cuted down with a semi within seconds.
Other way , a entrenched Uber-SEMI is a hard defensive point ( just like a sniper in real life ) that isn't so easy to clear out and attack.

2. Smg can't break things at fog range its for close combat to middle range , but the new 2 shot/break semi makes very well wall rape , its better then the smg in most points cause it can snipe/grief quickly(stand/crouch tactic) and on long distances , while a poor smg would end with a headshot in the the grass while he tried to spray the enemy wall.
Putin

Postby DrPain » Sun May 27, 2012 3:01 am

SMG actually has a huge disadvantage when it comes to precision
The rifle can easily kill people who are hiding behind cover, especially since they won't be very mobile
The submachine gun is very well adapted to killing mobile players who don't have any cover.

Again, this is largely because of the oneshot headshot
The fact that the rifle does not need to be spammed in order to kill things, gives it the advantage of allowing you to largely not care about recoil.

Submachine when used against covered opponents, or opponents at a great distance requires you to burst fire
Although, in my opinion, it doesn't require you to burst fire enough, which is because it retains 100% accuracy when spraying
DrPain

Postby corn99 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:53 am

if your such a noob that you get owned by a rifle at close range then dont play aos or just become a rifle.

for example i can get headshots with the smg a a range of about 30 blocks, the next thing i know your gonna be asking for the smg to be nerfed. Geez
corn99
[C.A.M.B] Leader

Postby MUSEFan » Sun May 27, 2012 5:47 am

I think that it‘s just fine how it is now, although it‘s true that you sometimes kill people easily when they‘re very close. But, meh, it‘s their fault for not moving or not spading the duck out of the one with the rifle.

corn99 wrote:if your such a noob that you get owned by a rifle at close range then dont play aos or just become a rifle.

for example i can get headshots with the smg a a range of about 30 blocks, the next thing i know your gonna be asking for the smg to be nerfed. Geez

lolno, it‘s just a suggestion, and notice that the rifle was 100% accurate when the topic was made so, chill bro, smoke from the pipe of looove.
^ Click to go to Freedom Fighters' official sub-section!
CIMCCIKOTCM wrote:Idiot no aimbot there, that's pro shit right there.
MUSEFan
[FF] Leader

Postby DrPain » Mon May 28, 2012 6:42 pm

corn99 wrote:if your such a noob that you get owned by a rifle at close range then dont play aos or just become a rifle.

this guy doesn't know what he's talking about
Do not respond to him
DrPain

Postby Paratrooper » Mon May 28, 2012 9:27 pm

That person is generally saying that if you can't beat the rifleman, BE the rifleman. Maybe you just aren't good at using the SMG.

Some player even find out that the SMG is the one that is more powerful.
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=9195

It all depends on the range the weapon is fighting at. At close range, one would find that the SMG is more powerful that the Rifle. At farther ranges, the Rifle outguns the SMG. It all depends on how the player carries him/herself. By evading long-range combat with the SMG, he/she could easily eliminate the other team.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby Putin » Tue May 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Paratrooper wrote:The trouble is, if the first shot of the semi misses, you're done for.

Then... 1- Learn to aim 2. Get a smg 3. Make Semis ROF 5000 RPM?
Putin

Postby EpicDude133 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:45 pm

I think it should be kind of a bolt action rifle like a L96A1 or an M24. Should solve the problem for me.
ImageImage
Click them or they will eat you.
If you want a sig like mine, be sure to visit LastOfs' signature shop!
EpicDude133

Postby Putin » Tue May 29, 2012 9:32 pm

EpicDude133 wrote:I think it should be kind of a bolt action rifle like a L96A1 or an M24. Should solve the problem for me.

Yeah a semi-rifle is really a pice of shit why not simple a bolt action rifle and end.
Anyway we now got to live with it so... Anyway the only problem by the balance now is that SEMI is a Run n Gun weapon , its near 100% accurate at running making normal gameplay impossible. It should be Move-Crap ACC and Stand/Crouch-100% ACC.
Putin

Postby Varun » Wed May 30, 2012 4:00 am

You realise that the semi is not actually semi-automatic?
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Paratrooper » Wed May 30, 2012 6:01 am

Actually, I think that the current system (recoil increases when moving) is already good enough.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Game