Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Postby DrunkenChild » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Varun wrote:I think Putin is the only one who thinks the smg can't be used at long range in 0.75.

Putin most likely think this becuse he is very intemperate when i come to ammonition and smg's. YOu need to thry three round bursts so you have enough time to reset the recoil between bursts.
want to see a magic trick click the pic

http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6420&p=179752&hilit=drunk#p179752

There is only 5 in a six pack
I'm not fat, it's just a beer belly
DrunkenChild

Postby Putin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:04 pm

DrunkenChild wrote:
Varun wrote:I think Putin is the only one who thinks the smg can't be used at long range in 0.75.

Putin most likely think this becuse he is very intemperate when i come to ammonition and smg's. YOu need to thry three round bursts so you have enough time to reset the recoil between bursts.

Omg u think i dont knew to burst fail -_- ... The problem isn't the Smg the problem is that in 0.70 80% used rifles now 50%.
And the 0.70 Rifle lovers doesn't want that the smg has any chance against semi They want that SMG gets accuracy decease so that it gets a poor spray and pray crap weapon for very very close combat ( but to be real AoS doesnt got much Close battles ) , even some guys find 6 bullets in chest are to low they want to make it like 10 or 15 !

For me now in 0.75
The better weapon is semi I can kill with its clip 5-8 Enemys and that with 1 bullet "silently".
While with SMG you have to shot burst and attract the enemy and the "preys" attention , also a SMG is a VERY VERY bad anti - trench - bunker weapon cause of its spread and acc .

ChaosTLW wrote:
Putin wrote:^Hehe see up
Its very hard to snipe with smg if someone got cover at long range its near impossible . Its good if he is in open space trough but nothing omg good.

Break his cover
Snipe the enemy
???
PROFIT

You must be kidding me?
Does the words LONG RANGE have a meaning for you?
You cant break cover at long as same as at close range , You will lose half of your clip(im sure even more cause of lag/blocs that doesnt count in hits) to get few blocks destroyed and if the enemy is a SEMI u will not have a chance.
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Putin wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:
Putin wrote:^Hehe see up
Its very hard to snipe with smg if someone got cover at long range its near impossible . Its good if he is in open space trough but nothing omg good.

Break his cover
Snipe the enemy
???
PROFIT

You must be kidding me?
Does the words LONG RANGE have a meaning for you?
You cant break cover at long as same as at close range , You will lose half of your clip(im sure even more cause of lag/blocs that doesnt count in hits) to get few blocks destroyed and if the enemy is a SEMI u will not have a chance.

Actually, I'm not. It is quite easy. Two days ago I've set up a bunker using SMG and I was popping heads from 70 blocks away. You just need to use the mouse to control the recoil, and control your shots.
It also applies for long-range sapping. Just control your shots and you'll be fine.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby DrunkenChild » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Putin wrote:
Omg u think i dont

Now I know you can't spell, you don't use a gun to destroy the blocks!!! Use right click with spade. Also if your long range you run at the enemy running strait at them guns a blazing and intimidate them and make the retreat.
want to see a magic trick click the pic

http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6420&p=179752&hilit=drunk#p179752

There is only 5 in a six pack
I'm not fat, it's just a beer belly
DrunkenChild

Postby Benton » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:10 am

All the guns are fine as it is! The shotgun is amazing if you use it right.

Now, if dynamic cross - hairs are created, then the semi should have pin-point accuracy. All the other guns should stay the same.

I think Ben should give us handguns before he changes any of the other weapons.

And yeah Putin, "1000's of posts of people wanting the rifle nerfed", that along with that other post of yours, you are such a troll I almost feel sorry for you.
Benton

Postby Jagira » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:11 am

SIMOX wrote:The problem noone ever thinks is that rifle is always accurate. No matter you are running, jumping, etc. It will always hit it's target 100% pin-point. It's perfectly accurate even when not looking through the iron sights.

I assume that rifle is not bolt action so it actually shouldn't be slower. The accuracy should be lowered while running and I think that would solve the problem.

totally right man!
In Game Name: Ray
(no that's not my name in real life)

uhhhhh what goes around comes around

[WWS]
Jagira

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:12 am

Jagira wrote:
SIMOX wrote:The problem noone ever thinks is that rifle is always accurate. No matter you are running, jumping, etc. It will always hit it's target 100% pin-point. It's perfectly accurate even when not looking through the iron sights.

I assume that rifle is not bolt action so it actually shouldn't be slower. The accuracy should be lowered while running and I think that would solve the problem.

totally right man!

So, that's what me and Putin (I never thought I would say that D:) are suggesting for a looooong time.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby MediumShadow » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:53 pm

u cant shoot while ur running lmao and also accurasy is increased during crouch mode and rifle is not 100% accurate
click the link to check my armory -->>http://goo.gl/gAU4R<<--
HIGHEST KILL STREAK:http://i47.tinypic.com/34rt0nr.jpg
MOST KILLS:245

Med-Shadow or flyingpoptart is my ign
MediumShadow

Postby Maxxis » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:57 pm

komradeshadow wrote:

u cant shoot while ur running lmao and also accurasy is increased during crouch mode and rifle is not 100% accurate

It is 100% accurate at first shot, no matter what you are doing except running.
In-game: Inactived.
IRC: Layton. (Cloak @Layton.users.quakenet.org)
Maxxis

Postby Varun » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Putin, you are the only one who thinks that the smg has poor accuracy. I don't want the rifle to be pin point accuracy, but the last thing anyone, except for you, wants is for the smg to be buffed. And, in case you did not know this, SMGs weren't incorporated for long range ascendancy over the rifle. They were incorporated for mid to short range rapid fire. Shotguns are meant to be used for short range, but most of us know that they......... fail at that. The rifle was made for long range, for people who want to hang back and snipe. It was made to be the accurate, but slow firing, weapon. The SMG was meant for short to mid range, where it's meant to have an advantage over rifles. Unfortunately, it's been......... Uberbuffed.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Putin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Semi is good at long mid and close.
SMG for mid-close thats it.
I personally use for tunnels and close range a rifle cause it got no dynamic crosshair. Its every time same accurate.
Anyway making the smg a only MID-CLOSE range weapon would totally kill it , aos is no game with close battles most battles are fought on really long range. So making smg for mid range , would make the whole server use the rifle again.
I Think now balance is totally ok its 50%-50% not like before where 9 from 10 would use rifle.
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby Hypercrafthatred » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:28 pm

I really dont care ive mastered all 3 weapons it just takes skill... i think all weapons are just right
Hypercrafthatred

Postby Tek2 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:18 am

Hypercrafthatred wrote:I really dont care ive mastered all 3 weapons it just takes skill... i think all weapons are just right

Shotgun is just right?!

I don't know why people still argue about smg vs rifle when there's a completely broken gun in the game.
Tek2

Postby cow » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:14 pm

no, the rifle is perfectly fine as it is :)
penispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispen| My Mods | Chuck Norris' Server| Chuck's Melee Server|penispenispenispenispenpenisnispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenispenis
cow

Postby Commodore » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Yes, but the scope has to be changed.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

PreviousNext

Return to Game