Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Nerf the Rifle. Slow it down.

Postby Moghard » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:10 pm

I liek the rifle now. Just decrease the smg damage. Like 9 shots in the stomach.
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Postby Putin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Moghard wrote:I liek the rifle now. Just decrease the smg damage. Like 9 shots in the stomach.

HAHAHAHA nope 9 is to high better 20 xD
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby Varun » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:02 am

Yup. Putin is right. 20 to stomach is fair.

Oh, and I know you were being sarcastic.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby DynomicPierre » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:00 am

The semi is fine, if it was slowed down, the damage would have to be upped to compensate for it, and we'd basically have the same problem. Also, with the concept of weapon balance, you must consider ALL the weapons instead of just one in mind.

3 shots to the body to kill, with a headshot instantly killing sounds quite reasonable.

Besides, it's a semi-automatic automatic for a reason, slowing it down would somewhat deplete its purpose.
Make sure you check out all my creations -
http://www.mediafire.com/?e1wo5c1h1szb3 ( Contains my creations I made that I put into zip files )
http://www.mediafire.com/?rav5ye3j8k0kv (Contains all my creations that are separate/standalone )
DynomicPierre

Postby EpicDude133 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Why isn't it locked? :/
"Nerfing the Rifle - viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1982"
ImageImage
Click them or they will eat you.
If you want a sig like mine, be sure to visit LastOfs' signature shop!
EpicDude133

Postby Paratrooper » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:32 am

EpicDude133 wrote:Why isn't it locked? :/

That IS this thread :/
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby EpicDude133 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Paratrooper wrote:
EpicDude133 wrote:Why isn't it locked? :/

That IS this thread :/

I know :/
ImageImage
Click them or they will eat you.
If you want a sig like mine, be sure to visit LastOfs' signature shop!
EpicDude133

Postby Maxaxle » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:36 pm

The rifle fire rate is fine as-is, the problem is the misconception about accuracy (see earlier posts).
Maxaxle

Postby Commodore » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:59 am

Now, the only advantages of the rifle are the accuracy and the damage. But still too many NOOBS are as good with the SMG as SKILLED snipers, because they just can destroy all the cover and shoot all their bullets at one direction(if you shoot enough bullets, at least one will hit; it doesnt matter how good you are).

Make a better scope, decrease the range of the SMGs (shotguns already have a small range) and then let the rifle as it is. Then it will be as good as the SMG.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby Putin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Commodore wrote:Now, the only advantages of the rifle are the accuracy and the damage. But still too many NOOBS are as good with the SMG as SKILLED snipers, because they just can destroy all the cover and shoot all their bullets at one direction(if you shoot enough bullets, at least one will hit; it doesnt matter how good you are).

Make a better scope, decrease the range of the SMGs (shotguns already have a small range) and then let the rifle as it is. Then it will be as good as the SMG.

HAhaha when smg gets range like shotty for what it will be used? Rifle will rape it at long and at close Rifle and Shotgun.
Putin

Postby Varun » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Putin, when you rebut a persons post, at least have the common curtesy to make it intelligible. I sometimes can't understand what you are saying.

And the smg needs a range nerf, but not too big. How many gaming smgs have the range of a rifle? And don't anyone talk to me about realism.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Putin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:10 pm

^Wtf are you talking about realism u want to make a the SMG a 50 cal Recoil cotton firing pice of crap.

I totally agree that smg needs accuracy decease ( not to big ) But that cant be if it got low damage or Semi stays 99%accurate.
Also If we lower its accuracy then it will be no more used for what it is meant to "attack" , it wll be like in 0.70 a cotton firing HMG for bunker defence (that doesnt offer you near any advantage cause you have to fire it from crouch and semi got no problem to jump , run , or anything headshot a entrenched enemy.)

If you want realism
-Semi could be only shot if crouching|100%acc or Standing|95%acc Run , Jump etc 20%acc

-Smg should have the Crouch accuracy near<<< hall the now accuracy , Stand and Run accuracy should be higher casue its a smg for rushing not for bunker defence , and its damage should be 85H 35T 25L so it looks at least like its firing real bullets.
Putin

Postby Varun » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Firstly, learn to understand what someone posted, before you post.

I clearly said
Varun wrote:Putin, when you rebut a persons post, at least have the common curtesy to make it intelligible. I sometimes can't understand what you are saying.

And the smg needs a range nerf, but not too big. How many gaming smgs have the range of a rifle? And don't anyone talk to me about realism.

Who said games need realism?

So, sir, WTF are you talking about realism?
Varun
{RS} Leader

Postby Putin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Then you are so stupid then leave smg as it is just boost its dmg.
Putin

Postby Varun » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Are you serious? Boost it how? To how much? You can already kill fifteen people with a single smg clip. That's none too likely, but its possible. Like someone before me stated,the smg has the highest damage per clip. Which means, if you don't understand that, that you can do a lot more damage to players with the smg than with the semi, provided you use it correctly.

And I'll thank you not to call me stupid. Leave us not forget rule 2b http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1
Varun
{RS} Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Game