Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Randomized Weapons

Got a great new idea for the game?

Randomized Weapons

Postby ResistAnce128 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 pm

I have a great idea to make the game much more interesting. What if the game randomly took from a list of different kv6 files for each weapon? There could also be two categories: Ally team, and Enemy team, so each team has different weapons. I think that this would really enhance the game and make designing model packs (I don't like calling them texture packs) much more interesting.
No.
ResistAnce128

Re: Randomized Weapons

Postby thedoctor1212 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:29 am

good idea, but would piss alot of people off unlike including me.
if it were just different weapons for each team i'd go with it.
People call me a pro. But they're wrong, killing isn't a profession, it's a passion.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gaming-melbourne
thedoctor1212

Postby Gorman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:51 am

Sure, we can always just only have 1 in the list so that it doesn't change for me.

It would be kind of cool to set 10 different variations of a gun for a bit of uniqueness.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Funk » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:28 pm

great idea.
Funk

Postby CalenLoki » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Why only weapons? Same could be done with characters - so we could have one side as uniformed force against randomly looking outlaws...
In pace leones, in bello cervi
CalenLoki

Postby Danke » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:41 am

CalenLoki wrote:Why only weapons? Same could be done with characters - so we could have one side as uniformed force against randomly looking outlaws...

I wouldn't mind the different classes having different models. It would certainly fit the Vietnam-ish theme.
Danke

Postby Thatace10 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 am

Yeah it would be nice to have new weps I only use the rifle but that will get old how about a sniper? I also think it would be a little far out (not necessary) to have rpg's and other stuff. This is a game with simpleness.
Thatace10

Postby Monsteri » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:32 am

Do remember that this would make modding a quite huge task to do, unless the randomization would happen by code or something.. not by different models.
Monsteri

Postby Gorman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:20 am

Monsteri wrote:Do remember that this would make modding a quite huge task to do, unless the randomization would happen by code or something.. not by different models.

Well modders already make 4 or 5 variations of guns models, and players could use only 1 model from each modder for example. So it isn't really more effort.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Monsteri » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 am

Gorman wrote:
Monsteri wrote:Do remember that this would make modding a quite huge task to do, unless the randomization would happen by code or something.. not by different models.

Well modders already make 4 or 5 variations of guns models, and players could use only 1 model from each modder for example. So it isn't really more effort.

Yeah but I'd assume you would see the other player's variated guns too..? If you didn't, there would be no variation at all actually :P
Monsteri

Postby Gorman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:59 am

Monsteri wrote:
Gorman wrote:

Yeah but I'd assume you would see the other player's variated guns too..? If you didn't, there would be no variation at all actually :P

Eh?

I think the idea means to keep guns local as they are now, but have a list of guns and whenever a player chooses a weapon it randomly changes the model. But it is still just clientside the way it is now, but different players have different guns.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby ResistAnce128 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:14 am

Gorman wrote:

I know this is a bit old, but I was thinking the system would work in the sense that if a modpack had ten variations of a weapon, then it would pick a random model from a list of ten, but if a pack had say, one model for each item, then it would pick randomly from that list of one, meaning it would stay that same model each time
No.
ResistAnce128

Postby XxsnipahxX » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Isn`t this why we have modloader?
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Postby ResistAnce128 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:31 pm

XxsnipahxX wrote:Isn`t this why we have modloader?

Woah woah woah, hold on. What is this modloader you speak of?
No.
ResistAnce128

Postby Fluttershy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:10 am

XxsnipahxX wrote:Isn`t this why we have modloader?

Mod loader enables the game to have team specific KV6s? when the hell did this happen? (hint, it didnt afaik)

We've been waiting for this forever now....this and the next update in general
Fluttershy

Next

Return to Game