Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Secondary weapons?

Got a great new idea for the game?

Secondary weapons?

Postby xEric » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:43 pm

ace of spades should have secondary weapons because its really cool if your going multitask like if your in the hallway you kill everyone with the SMG down the hall and you go up on the roof to snipe? Well you dont have to like stereotype becuase im 14. If SIMOX or someone like him made this thread It would be a GREAT idea but a person thats 14 years old you have no respect for because hes younger than you.
Last edited by xEric on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Back
xEric

Re: Secondary weapons?

Postby lehma18 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Two words: Leave forever
Kids like you are the reason this game's dying. Secondary weapons should be added, but not for those reasons. Those are the negative traits of the weapons.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby Fluttershy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:47 pm

As lehma said, those are negatives of the weapons youre using. It takes an understanding of the current map and situation (such as tunnels, forts, map layout, etc etc) to choose the proper weapon. While you can use any one weapon for shits and giggles exclusivly (I for example only use shotgun, and feel pretty dirty to use any other weapon), simply charging into a map long tunnel thats one wide is probably the stupidest thing to do if you use shotgun for example.

SMG: Control your shots, determine if its really the smartest thing to do (and thats in reference to spraying walls down)
Rifle: Perfectly fine in CQC, but try not to charge headlong into enemy spawn with it. common sense.
Shotgun:dont get yourself into situations where youre facing a rifler fog distance away without cover, build curving tunnels , build giant walls, trenches, etc. to aid you.

Mold the battlefield to your advantage. Thats kind of the point of the game.
Fluttershy

Postby Yakkers » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:36 pm

lehma18 wrote:Two words: Leave forever
Kids like you are the reason this game's dying. Secondary weapons should be added, but not for those reasons. Those are the negative traits of the weapons.

No need to be an arse, he makes a fair point. If the weapons didn't have their own clear downsides, we wouldn't need sidearms to begin with, now would we?

I think a sidearm would just have to be balanced in such a manner that it would not be ideal to use as a second primary, but only as a last ditch survival weapon.
Yakkers

Postby xEric » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:20 am

I swear some of these people on here goes overboard and takes everything serious. Cmon im just giving MY OPINION I regret for making this I really do but ok man please dont go rage on me.
Back
xEric

Postby Yakkers » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 am

Calm down buddy, one person gave you a negative response. It's a forum, that'll happen.
You made a good point, you don't need to edit your post in shame over one person's opinion.
Yakkers

Postby HorstRotbart » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 am

ILovePancakes wrote: Dude I bet I could beat you INGAME anyday ''lehma'' want to have a 1on1 battle? If you even play in game.

Lol I think nobody want your suggestions because you're 14 years old moron.
http://ace-of-spades.ru/
^Наше уютное комьюнити^
HorstRotbart

Postby Bandage » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Can we get back on-topic now? Or what's the main topic anyway, I don't seem to know it very clearly due the OP's post edit.
PS: kmaj is a grammarnazi
Bandage
[USAB] Member

Postby xEric » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:18 pm

^ Just dont read this

Complete the most stupidest thing to make my opinion to others.
Back
xEric

Postby thedoctor1212 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Secondary weapons is a great idea but it needs refining there are update and downs it would need to be thought over carefully and thenput to use in such away that you going to be able to use it quickly in life or death situations but for smg and then sniper no way.
As I said a difficult task.
People call me a pro. But they're wrong, killing isn't a profession, it's a passion.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gaming-melbourne
thedoctor1212

Return to Game