Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Squad Spawning

Got a great new idea for the game?

Squad Spawning

Postby L1J1N » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:30 am

I have problems with the squad spawning in this game. For example I would be playing a server that has squads i would make one and we would be near spawn trying to get the Intel but then a few of us are killed. Most of us are then getting to cover but the people who are dead randomly spawn on someone and die straight away.

In Battlefield you would be able to spectate the person your spawning on see if they were getting shot or ect. Then you would be able to choose who you wanted to spawn with. This would give a greater tactical advantage and would stop people getting killed because they spawned on a person who was already getting killed. This mechanic could be as simple as spectating that player and then you automatically join with them, but only if you are in a squad with them. which inturn promote squads more.
L1J1N

Re: Squad Spawning

Postby ZaPhobos » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:36 am

L1J1N wrote:I have problems with the squad spawning in this game. For example I would be playing a server that has squads i would make one and we would be near spawn trying to get the Intel but then a few of us are killed. Most of us are then getting to cover but the people who are dead randomly spawn on someone and die straight away.

In Battlefield you would be able to spectate the person your spawning on see if they were getting shot or ect. Then you would be able to choose who you wanted to spawn with. This would give a greater tactical advantage and would stop people getting killed because they spawned on a person who was already getting killed. This mechanic could be as simple as spectating that player and then you automatically join with them, but only if you are in a squad with them. which inturn promote squads more.

Unfortunately, squads is a psyspades script, and not vanilla.

You could always cycle through people till you see a squad member.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Re: Squad Spawning

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Pyspades is also limited to chat as a UI, unfortunately. Not much of a way around that either.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Return to Game