Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Gunpowder becomes wet in water : limits water camping

Got a great new idea for the game?

Do you want this to be added ?

That's realistic and will improve the game ! +1
42%
Who cares ? ==
33%
You want to limit my favorite tactic ? Burn the heretic ! -1
25%

Total votes : 12

Gunpowder becomes wet in water : limits water camping

Postby scarfacemperor » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Hello, if you think that water camping is boring, I have a realistic suggestion :

When you stay in water, the gunpowder of your ammo becomes wet, making it less powerful.

The longer you stay in water, the more your gunpowder is wet. Wet gunpowder is less powerful than dry one : you lose 5% firepower every 6 seconds spend in water, until -50% is lost (1 minute in water). After 1 minute, your weapon doesn't go under 50% of firepower. So, camping very long in water will make your weapon cause 50% of its normal damage.

If you exit water, your gunpowder regains efficiency, +10% every 3 seconds, until it recovers 100% power

That would not affect you in a signifiant way if you just cross a small distance on water (power loss depends on how long you stay in water), however if you want to swim to the other side of the map, to camp near enemies and make loose kills, that will strongly decrease your weapon's efficiency.

The weaker damage inflicted when you stay long in damage will be another data to consider to go from A to B. It will probably make bridges a more strategical point.

+ limit water camping in a realistic way
+ more intense fight on land
+ we can expect bridges to become more strategical
- will weaken attack in some maps
The Scarmory : all my mods : viewtopic.php?f=71&t=6995
Mass Effect Pack V.7 Available - scopes (finally) included !
"cease fire, Grenadier ! The Old Guard only fights with the spade"
scarfacemperor

Re: Gunpowder becomes wet in water : limits water camping

Postby Putin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:32 pm

No to complicatted :/
Maybe a rifle jam in water ( 10% chance ) but so its to complicated also the water dmg does the work pretty well ...
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby SIMOX » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Since when we have muskets? Kinda illogical. I know that there would be less water campers, but better idea would be is to reduce accuracy for beeing in water for too long or something. That would make more sense though.
My all mods are Here. My first map is Here
Plays Ace of Spades since 2011 April 11 [0.21]
SIMOX

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Putin wrote:No to complicatted :/
Maybe a rifle jam in water ( 10% chance ) but so its to complicated also the water dmg does the work pretty well ...

How is a rifle jamming in water complicated lol? When he shots while inside water, 10% chance to jam(different chances for every gun). Even a 5-year-old would understand that.
Also, water damage is not vanilla.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Tek2 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:51 pm

The suggestion is really overcomplicated and not newbie friendly at all. Who would think "water reduces my damage hurr durr"

I think a big speed reduction in water would work well, especially if paired with aim sway.
Also removing the 360 degree unbreakable cover get from the water would be cool.

Random gun jamming would be so horrible.
Tek2

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Tek2 wrote:I think a big speed reduction in water would work well, especially if paired with aim sway.
Also removing the 360 degree unbreakable cover get from the water would be cool.

This.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Fluttershy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Tek2 wrote:I think a big speed reduction in water would work well

All we really need. How would we even denote the gunpowder getting wet anyways?
Fluttershy

Postby Putin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Tek2 wrote:The suggestion is really overcomplicated and not newbie friendly at all. Who would think "water reduces my damage hurr durr"

I think a big speed reduction in water would work well, especially if paired with aim sway.

Random gun jamming would be so horrible.

Just at water ... Also just a idea ...
AoS The worst game with the greatest potential .
Putin

Postby ozone » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:02 am

as SIMOX said this (in reality) only works with muskets flint locks to be more spot on but i agree with the idea of jamming but maby bump it up to 35% or 25% and i think water should slow your movement alot and overall gun jamming would be cool maby if an explosion goes off near you your gun has a chance to jam
ozone

Return to Game