Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Player model limit increase

Got a great new idea for the game?

Player model limit increase

Postby ResistAnce128 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:36 am

I think, for modding purposes, there should be a one or two block tolerance outside of the existing model limit for the player. I'm sure if your a modder, you've tried to reinvent the player body by reshaping the model. And I'm sure if you've done that, then after attempting to connect to a game, the server will reject you with a "Invalid game file" error. That is because there is a limit to how big each model can be, which is current'y the exact shape of the vanilla player. I can understand were they were coming from, as you could just add a giant stick to a player's head and be able to see everyone on the map, but if there were say, a two block tolerance then you can make the players look unique, without the risk of someone having an unfair advantage over someone else.
No.
ResistAnce128

Re: Player model limit increase

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:10 pm

ResistAnce128 wrote:I think, for modding purposes, there should be a one or two block tolerance outside of the existing model limit for the player. I'm sure if your a modder, you've tried to reinvent the player body by reshaping the model. And I'm sure if you've done that, then after attempting to connect to a game, the server will reject you with a "Invalid game file" error. That is because there is a limit to how big each model can be, which is current'y the exact shape of the vanilla player. I can understand were they were coming from, as you could just add a giant stick to a player's head and be able to see everyone on the map, but if there were say, a two block tolerance then you can make the players look unique, without the risk of someone having an unfair advantage over someone else.

Yes please!
I don't play AoS anymore, but this would be great for other modders. Also suggested, but it's awesome so i don't care.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby HoboHob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Aye. It would be nice to be able to vests and helmets for characters.
HoboHob

Postby denton3110 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Sounds Neat :D
denton3110

Postby ResistAnce128 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:03 am

HoboHob wrote:Aye. It would be nice to be able to vests and helmets for characters.

You can however, remove as many blocks from the player as you want, so you can kinda do helmets and vests, but they don't look all that great
No.
ResistAnce128

Return to Game