Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

What I want to see in the future of AoS

Got a great new idea for the game?

What I want to see in the future of AoS

Postby Snipedxx » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Ok you think ooh tanks are gonna ruin this. With the input of helicopters and RPGs, I think there should be humvees. They hold 3 people. 1 driver, 1 MG operator and 1 passenger. 2 on each team. A RPG can blow it up.

More guns: Yes I would like to see more guns and modern guns. I am bored of regular guns so I modded. Thats 1 fix but there should be like 6 classes to choose.

Gun swaps and ammo pick up: I think switching guns or picking up dead corpses ammo would make the game more realistic. It will also help people who run out of ammo.

Limited sprinting to make it more life like.

Secondary guns like a pistol to help when reloading or out of ammo to pull out a gun and keep shooting
I also think special groups like: Medics, support, rifleman, snipers and demolition groups. They will have unique things in c their classes for egxample: Support: MG, Rifleman: M4A1, Demolitions: C4 and Thermite

Smoke. Grenades: If your pinned down in a hot situation the smoke grenade would help by getting support.

Planes: Not for bombs or napalm but for airdrops near enemy lines. But with airdrops there would have to be para-chutes to glide down in.
Bigger teams and maps for vehicles, planes and helicopter use.

I am not making it like cod just better in my eyes.
Last edited by Snipedxx on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking through the scope........
BOOM there goes his head...
No more AOS for him!
Snipedxx
{AGAN} Member

Re: What I want to see in the future of AoS

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Snipedxx wrote:Ok you think ooh tanks are gonna ruin this. With the input of helicopters and RPGs, I think there should be humvees. They hold 3 people. 1 driver, 1 MG operator and 1 passenger. 2 on each team. A RPG can blow it up.
Vehicles should not be combat-oriented here, or else people will camp just to get them. They should be transport vehicles.

More guns: Yes I would like to see more guns and modern guns. I am bored of regular guns so I modded. Thats 1 fix but there should be like 6 classes to choose.
What would these guns, I ask?

Gun swaps and ammo pick up: I think switching guns or picking up dead corpses ammo would make the game more realistic. It will also help people who run out of ammo.
Pretty much agree.

Stamina meter? Can be.

Secondary guns like a pistol to help when reloading or out of ammo to pull out a gun and keep shooting
Already going to be implemented if my memory doesn't fail.

I also think special groups like: Medics, support, rifleman, snipers and demolition groups. They will have unique things in c their classes for egxample: Support: MG, Rifleman: M4A1, Demolitions: C4 and Thermite
How would the M4A1 differ from the SMG? No useless guns, please. Keep the game simple.

Spy planes: Spy planes that can be activated from a 4 kill streak. This would be used for spotting enemies for 30 seconds.
Oh look, killstreaks. So good players get even better and rape noobs even more? No thanks.

Planes: Not for bombs or napalm but for airdrops near enemy lines. But with airdrops there would have to be para-chutes to glide down in.
Helicopter will pretty much be for this, as far as I can remember.

[b]Yes.

#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Snipedxx » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Includes already used guns:
Rifle
SMG
Shotgun
RPG
Sniper (not a really long range scope)
MG (I think they're adding)
Looking through the scope........
BOOM there goes his head...
No more AOS for him!
Snipedxx
{AGAN} Member

Postby DrPain » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:49 pm

You forget, this game is WWI Based

With emphasis on footsoldiers with rifles
That's the way this game is best played, and the way it should be played

People shouldn't be running around in vehicles, or getting instant cover from smokes

People should be building a fort

And then shooting people
From inside the fort

The game is supposed to be based on a sort of castle-siege/defense/hold the line kinda game style, yet at the same time, giving the option for free roaming
DrPain

Postby demo123 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Hmm, more fun. Weapon balance. More rifle users.

and jagex bowing before us begging for mercy
Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm

DrPain wrote:You forget, this game is WWI Based

lolno
The game isn't based on any war.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Socrates » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:

lolno
The game isn't based on any war.

I've heard its either based on WW2 or the war in Veitnam. But yeah like you I don't think its really based on any specific war. Anyways I you ideas, except for I dont like the idea of different classes much. Well.. I guess it COULD be kinda fun actually. Oh and vehicles should be used only for transportation. And should also be able to be destroyed rather easily so then no troller just steals your teams vehicle and goes around for a joy ride the whole game. Except I think I've heard that they have no intention of adding vehicles of any kind into AoS (air or land).
Contrary to popular belief on AoS, it actually IS possible to get a headshot WITHOUT hacking. Who would've guessed?
Socrates

Postby USABxBOOYO » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:22 pm

I don't know if the game is based on any war. However, it is possible that Ben's original vision was World War II based, since the game's name is a reference to the "death cards" American soldiers used to use in that war.

But I don't think the game is at all limited by that. In fact, an RPG should be in 1.0.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby ZaPhobos » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:44 am

Snipedxx wrote:Ok you think ooh tanks are gonna ruin this. With the input of helicopters and RPGs, I think there should be humvees. They hold 3 people. 1 driver, 1 MG operator and 1 passenger. 2 on each team. A RPG can blow it up.
Can't, the terrain in any given part of a map will always be potted with holes SOMEWHERE. The Humber cannot pass the terrain.

...Eh.

...Eh. Gives a reason to tea bag. Only pick up the ammo that was still in their clip.

You don't even go that fast. It's a jog.

Why not?

Classes will always be shot down, this game isn't meant for classes. I'm one of the shooters. Would also require too much unnessicary coding.

Smoke. Grenades: If your pinned down in a hot situation the smoke grenade would help by getting support.
Particles are being implemented... Eh.

Unnessicary coding. You're a sitting duck floating down.

Bigger teams and maps are being implemented, as well as the helicopter. No planes. Those things cannons be realistically implemented, unnessicary coding AGAIN.

It's betting in your eyes... But also like battlefield 3
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Sniper101 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:56 am

Sounds nice.

Maybe...

Would be even better if you could disguise as the enemy team. :D

Nope.

Yesh.

Yesh.

Hell yesh.

Yesh.

ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby MuOa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 am

i personally think this game should be kept relatively simple, but that doesnt mean some of your ideas are bad. i dont agree with having armed vehicles, but transports would be cool. i think it should depend on the map script, so that way not every single map will have vehicles, while other maps that are designed to accomodate vehicles can choose to have vehicles spawn (sort of like intel or the cp, i guess)

im not sure if all those classes are necessary, but its interesting
^click
MuOa

Return to Game