Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Allow bigger head models

Got a great new idea for the game?

Do you agree with this ?

+1
40%
==
10%
50%

Total votes : 10

Allow bigger head models

Postby scarfacemperor » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Hello

Currently, AOS servers prevent you from connect if some of the kv6 models you use are not of default size - a cube of 6x6x6 for the head for example - to prevent abuse such as making big arrows over a player's head, making him much easier to spot.

My suggestion is to give a little tolerance to that, allow for example 6x6x6 to 8x8x8 heads. Size would not significantly increase how you can see other players, but a few more voxels than current size would allow nicer modding for the head, if you want to make some hats or helmets, such as a german spiked helmet or a tricorn hat, instead of having to deal with player head's original size.

Of course, current head models are still within allowed size and will work without any modification needed

+ Improved modding
+ Still prevent reskinning abuse
+ No effect on current skins

- Maybe one more reason that rage players will use...

[EDIT] although it allows changing the size of the model, it does not change the hitbox. Just as a shot in the hat makes no injury. Using a bigger model will not give you easier headshots
Last edited by scarfacemperor on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Scarmory : all my mods : viewtopic.php?f=71&t=6995
Mass Effect Pack V.7 Available - scopes (finally) included !
"cease fire, Grenadier ! The Old Guard only fights with the spade"
scarfacemperor

Re: Allow bigger head models

Postby XxsnipahxX » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:26 am

I prefer the head smaller, because, if you imagine an aimbot do living up to his name, the aimbot would get easier kills. Also making it easy for people like mikuli racking up kills in a short period.
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Re: Allow bigger head models

Postby ChaosTLW » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:51 am

This would not make the hitbox bigger, only the model size.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Return to Game