Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Dropable tents....

Got a great new idea for the game?

Dropable tents....

Postby Naneo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:49 am

I was thinking... that if the Rifle man can drop a medic kit for everyone to use to heal themselves then the Sub-machine gun man can drop ammo and the Shotgun man has 2x strength blocks. Can you implement this into the game? If you can then great! If you can't tell me why not? Too over powered?
Naneo

Re: Dropable tents....

Postby Articsledder » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:32 am

I think this would be nice in some way or form to create strongpoints in CTF. There would have to be some kind of limit however.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby Naneo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Well what I had in mind was.... That if you try to drop another tent then the previous one would disappear and you will have the new one where you are standing..
Last edited by Naneo on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Naneo

Postby Garamond » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Naneo wrote:Well what I had in mind was.... That if you try to drop another tent then the other one would disappear

That wouldn't work because if you spam-dropped the tent you'd have a nearly invincible wall section, in effect. What would be best is the player gets 1 tent per spawn/resupply and can place it once.
Proud brony. I make weapons skins!
Garamond

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:37 am

I think that it should be a replacement to the grenades.You could choose between:

1 medkit.
1 ammo box.
Grenades.

The medkit could be placed as a block,heals anyone 2 blocks away from it,5 HP per second,for a total of 200 points of healthl,or used on yourself or teammate,by right-clicking,and it would heal to full healthl.Also,if you have one of those in your hand,you can see the healthl of allies if you are in distance to heal him.
You can also pick ir up to re-place it later,but you could only use it as much as you would be able to,if you kept it placed.Like,if someone used 65 points from it,it could only heal more 130,not 200,if placed.Also,it would heal 60 (or 65) instead of full 100.

The ammo box would be similar:You could place it as a block so that anyone 2 blocks away could use it,or use it in yourself to get to full ammo again.
It could be able to reload 10 mags,doesnt matter which weapon,but if it reload 3 shotty mags,it could only reaload 7 smg mags.It a submachinegunner reload 2 more,a rifleman would only be able to reload 5 mags,and a total of 3 grenades.The grenades supply is independant in relation to the other ammo,so,even if 10 full mags are reloaded someone could still get the grenades.

With both,you could only have 1 per time,and ammo box wouldnt reload blocks or other ammo box/medkits.

Anything to improve in my idea?
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Return to Game