Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

New Squad System

Got a great new idea for the game?

New Squad System

Postby thegreatninjaman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:02 am

I heard alot of people want a new squad system so i had the idea of a total reinvention of the squad system.
so i took bits and pieces of these other squad ideas and made my own system.

Squads
Squads are groups of players on a team that can help each other with tasks and communicate much easier by displaying each others coordinates, Unique colors per squad mate on mini-map, Beacons above squad mates, and basic statistics on the side of the screen.

Squad leaders
Squad leaders are elected by score, better players will become squad leaders first, to replace squad leader position the team must vote the player up OR if a previous squad leader leaves the game then leader position will be given to the next player.

Duty of Squads
squads will be used for coordinating attacks on the enemy. they can also be used to spawn faster and closer with a greater risk. squad leaders will be given special equipment to give them better commanding capabilities.

Spawning
when you are in a squad you have 3 choices.
1) spawn at base
2) Parachute to a squad member
3) spawn at Squad Beacon

-to spawn at base press 1 at respawn screen, it will be a regular spawn.
-to spawn at a squad member with a parachute drop press 2 at respawn screen. this will drop you ontop of a squad mate. you can deploy your parachute at any time but if you pull to early, you will slowly fall and become a target. if you pull to late then you will die from falling.
-to spawn at a Spawn Beacon press 3. spawn beacons are going to be explained further in "leader equipment".

Communication
-Squad members can talk via Squad chat (U button) that appears in a different color then Global/Team chat.
-Squad members can see eachother on the mini-map in a different color.
-Squad members can see eachothers health, coordinate, and weapon on the right side of screen under the mini-map.
-Squad members have an arrow above their head at all times, when they die the arrow turns into a red X.
-Squad members will be a different color on the score screen.

Anti-Abuse
-the squads will be democratic meaning that if the squad member's don't like how the squad leader is leading they can vote someone else as squad leader, BUT can only be done once every 5 minutes to prevent spam.
-only squad leaders can select what type of squad it is to prevent griefing.
-squads can only hold up to 5 at a time to prevent mass spawning.

Squad Leader Special Privileges
Squad leaders can press L to go to the Squad Leader screen and select special passive bonuses for the squad mates in said squad. these passives range from Extra damage to Extra health.

Passives
Demo-men - squad mates start with 2 extra grenades.

Front-liners -squad mates have 25 extra health.

Scouts -squad mates have faster movement speed.

saboteurs -squad mates have faster spade-digging speed.

Rangers -squad mates have 20% more ammo capacity.

Constructionist -squad mates have 75 blocks instead of 50.

Equipment
Squad leaders wield powerful tools to turn the tide of battle, these range from prebuilt cover to medical kits. they can only have one of these at a time, and can only change every 5 minutes.

Medical Bag -Allows the leader to place down a medical bag which heals allies for 15 health every second. can be shot by enemies.

Wall-o-dirt -Allows the leader to place down a 3x3x2 dirt wall in-front of him.

Spawn Beacon -Allows the leader to place down a spawn beacon which allows squad mates to spawn there but adds a few seconds to the spawn timer. can be shot down by enemies.

Ammo crate -Allows the leader to place down a ammo crate that holds a medium sized amount of ammo that can be consumed by allies who walk by it. once the ammo crate is empty it will not supply ammo. if an enemy shoots it, it will burst into a small explosion causing damage to allies. to prevent greifing, this can only happen if an enemy shoots it.

Time Bomb -Allows the leader to place a time bomb that will detonate after a few seconds. it blows up a 5 block hole. can be placed on walls. enemy can shoot it to disarm it.

Kill Streaks
Squad leaders can select the Kill streak tree the squad uses.
kill streak tree is a group of special rewards that get bigger the more kills you get. its a risk vs reward system that allows the squad to build up points and spend them on the battlefield. Kill streaks from this will be separate from personal kill streaks.

the leader can use the Kill Streak reward BUT he can pass it to another squad mate to use.

Destruction
10 Kills - Double Damage - Gives squad mates double damage until they die. (Kills taken in double damage will not add up to next kill streak)
20 Kills - Small Airstrike - Targets a grid and drops bombs from the sky.
30 Kills - Large Airstrike - Targets a grid and drops a large bomb from the sky that blows up a nice chunk of land.
40 Kills - Helicopter - Summons a helicopter that will auto-target enemies from the sky. it will stay for 3 minutes then disappear.

Construction
10 Kills - Ammo Crate - Creates an ammo crate similar to the Leaders Ammo Crate equipment.
20 Kills - Health Drop - Drops health crate around the map within a grid of each squad mate. the crates heal 25 health each.
30 Kills - Block Reinforcement - Blocks around squad mates take longer to destroy for 2 minutes.
40 Kills - Passive heal - Squad mates now receive 10 health per second for 2 minutes.

Stealth
10 Kills - Dig Bonus - Doubles the speed of digging.
20 Kills - Dig Suppress - Silences digging sound for 60 seconds.
30 Kills - Silence Weapons - Makes all squad mates guns quiet for 2 minutes OR until they die.
40 Kills - Ninja - Doubles dig speed, Silences weapons and guns, and removes bullet tracing from squad mates on mini map for 2 minutes OR until they die.
thegreatninjaman

Re: New Squad System

Postby lehma18 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:37 am

The squad system isn't official. It's a player made script.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby ante185 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:46 pm

BTW a squad is 3 fireteams, + 1 squad medic and leader, and that totals up to 14 players per squad (1 fireteam is 3 players + the fireteam leader)
ante185

Postby WolfENgang » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:07 pm

You've thought this through haven't you.

But I agree.
AOS leaderboard Rank:21
WolfENgang

Postby thegreatninjaman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:02 am

ante185 wrote:BTW a squad is 3 fireteams, + 1 squad medic and leader, and that totals up to 14 players per squad (1 fireteam is 3 players + the fireteam leader)

lol well fireteam is too long to type in game.
thegreatninjaman

Postby XxsnipahxX » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:07 am

problem with saboteurs, is that it would be a griefing machine.
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Postby thegreatninjaman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:21 am

XxsnipahxX wrote:problem with saboteurs, is that it would be a griefing machine.

which is why there is a democratic system involved keeping people that allow greifing away from lead.
thegreatninjaman

Postby Tek2 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Overcomplicated.
Random pubs don't care enough.
Doesn't really fit into AoS that well.
Tek2

Postby ante185 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:51 pm

thegreatninjaman wrote:
ante185 wrote:BTW a squad is 3 fireteams, + 1 squad medic and leader, and that totals up to 14 players per squad (1 fireteam is 3 players + the fireteam leader)

FT, FireT, FTeam, FirTeam ect ect...
ante185

Postby Tek2 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:58 pm

ante185 wrote:
thegreatninjaman wrote:

FT, FireT, FTeam, FirTeam ect ect...

OOOOOOR... squad.
Tek2

Postby Tuadim » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:35 pm

I don't think this would be very good, I mean, you are in the middle of the war with a bunch of grenades and Sub-machine-gun-spraying and it appears at the chat:
Who do you want to be the next squad leader?
(A) Bla
(B) Deuce
(C) trolol

I'm just saying this would take some of our time in the game, like when I'm in a firefight and I kill a guy and get airstrike, I stop to write the airstrike location and get killed before doing it, losing it.
And this is too complex. I think Ace of Spades just need some fun, unusual stuff.
EDIT: Oh, and you took most of that kill-streak stuff from Call of Duty series. I don't want Ace of Spades to turn into Call of Duty, with all the hackers and griefers it (AoS) already haves.
My in-game name is [FF]Joseh123.

My player skin pack
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
That is a dead mod-pack.
Tuadim
[FF] Member

Postby thegreatninjaman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Tuadim wrote:I don't think this would be very good, I mean, you are in the middle of the war with a bunch of grenades and Sub-machine-gun-spraying and it appears at the chat:
(A) Bla
(B) Deuce
(C) trolol

I'm just saying this would take some of our time in the game, like when I'm in a firefight and I kill a guy and get airstrike, I stop to write the airstrike location and get killed before doing it, losing it.
And this is too complex. I think Ace of Spades just need some fun, unusual stuff.
EDIT: Oh, and you took most of that kill-streak stuff from Call of Duty series. I don't want Ace of Spades to turn into Call of Duty, with all the hackers and griefers it (AoS) already haves.

well the reason i took that stuff from COD is because its simple stuff. who said this system should be Type Command? in my opinon it should be pressing Alt + 1,2,3,4 ect to vote for stuff.
thegreatninjaman

Postby Tuadim » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:06 am

thegreatninjaman wrote:
Tuadim wrote:I don't think this would be very good, I mean, you are in the middle of the war with a bunch of grenades and Sub-machine-gun-spraying and it appears at the chat:
(A) Bla
(B) Deuce
(C) trolol

well the reason i took that stuff from COD is because its simple stuff. who said this system should be Type Command? in my opinon it should be pressing Alt + 1,2,3,4 ect to vote for stuff.

Well, when you are crouching on a two block high wall to defend yourself you will always have to stand to press those keys, otherwise they might open something and minimize your game because of some system shortcut or something like that. And I just don't think that Ace of Spades should be like CoD. AoS is base-to-base combat, with squads like saboteurs we would have a billion players on the enemy team, because, who doesn't like to grief the enemy team?
Anyway, just keep your suggestion, let's see what the developers think of it :D

My player skin pack
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
That is a dead mod-pack.
Tuadim
[FF] Member

Postby thegreatninjaman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:26 am

Tuadim wrote:
thegreatninjaman wrote:
(A) Bla
(B) Deuce
(C) trolol

Well, when you are crouching on a two block high wall to defend yourself you will always have to stand to press those keys, otherwise they might open something and minimize your game because of some system shortcut or something like that. And I just don't think that Ace of Spades should be like CoD. AoS is base-to-base combat, with squads like saboteurs we would have a billion players on the enemy team, because, who doesn't like to grief the enemy team?
Anyway, just keep your suggestion, let's see what the developers think of it :D

eeh good point. but ace of spades needs to build on this type of stuff. i dont think it will last much longer in its current state.
thegreatninjaman

Postby Tuadim » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 pm

thegreatninjaman wrote:
Tuadim wrote:[quote="

Anyway, just keep your suggestion, let's see what the developers think of it :D[/quote]

eeh good point. but ace of spades needs to build on this type of stuff. i dont think it will last much longer in its current state.[/quote]
I think that all Ace of Spades needs is an account system with levels. With that, the game would never get boring, BUT we would need infinite levels, all of them would give us like, 0,01% of damage, HP, and speed or something like that. I think that that would make the game much better, so you would need like, level 1000 to get 1% of each of these. I think that would be fair, as there would be infinite levels. Wait, am I starting a suggestion with another? Lolwut

My player skin pack
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
That is a dead mod-pack.
Tuadim
[FF] Member

Return to Game