Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Upgrading weapons.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Upgrading weapons.

Postby lehma18 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:29 am

Since every Deuce constantly demands weapon upgrades, i say deliver. If done right, it might turn out to be fun.
Forget killstreaks, forget score. Insurgency 2 does it right, so we should "borrow" the upgrade system.

Basicly, whenever someone upgrades a weapon, it upgrades it for everyone in the team.

"Well, how do you get upgrade points?"
Capturing the intel. That's pretty much the only not abusable option. Also encourages people to work together.

"But it gives the other team an unfair advantage!!"
Exactly. Currently, in a 15 round game, everyone is on the same line. All it takes for the balance to shift is one good player more in the other team. Also, i can woop the blue team's ass 10 times, and i get nothing. It's very anti-climaxing

I will continue on the subject some other time. I must go, my people need me.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Re: Upgrading weapons.

Postby Mariokillu » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:00 am

As 95% of all other suggestions, this is Ace of Spades, not Call of Duty.
Mariokillu

Postby lehma18 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 am

Mariokillu wrote:As 95% of all other suggestions, this is Ace of Spades, not Call of Duty.

I didn't say "Add 900 gunz and 9000 different attachments", i said add a few enchantments for the whole team.
Still in a tight spot, so i might go offline for a while.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby MuOa » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:47 am

similar to intel rpg mode, right? they already have a damage increase lvl 1-3 from capturing intel. along with poison bullets, and other fun stuff
^click
MuOa

Postby TheSifodias » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:50 am

I like your idea. For those who have played Star Wars Battlefront, remember the regional upgrades, like 15% more damage, fire speed, etc... It would be a great boost toward teamwork in intel captures.
A leader, a sniper, a creator...
an admin, and a loyal clan member of USAB.

TheSifodias
[USAB] Member

Postby HoboHob » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:31 am

TheSifodias wrote:I like your idea. For those who have played Star Wars Battlefront, remember the regional upgrades, like 15% more damage, fire speed, etc... It would be a great boost toward teamwork in intel captures.

I was an avid player of Battlefront back in the day but WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Regional upgreades? Huh?

Sorry for off-topicness
HoboHob

Postby Socrates » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:41 am

HoboHob wrote:
TheSifodias wrote:I like your idea. For those who have played Star Wars Battlefront, remember the regional upgrades, like 15% more damage, fire speed, etc... It would be a great boost toward teamwork in intel captures.

I was an avid player of Battlefront back in the day but WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Regional upgreades? Huh?

Sorry for off-topicness

Haha I used to love that game! Still do! And I have no idea what he's talking about either.. please explain :D
Contrary to popular belief on AoS, it actually IS possible to get a headshot WITHOUT hacking. Who would've guessed?
Socrates

Postby TheSifodias » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:56 am

No, I meant in Battlefront 2, if you look really closely in the campaign, you get to give your team small boosts as a Jedi/Sith, such as Darth Maul's Rage. Also, after a certain number of kills, even regular players get certain perks in sprint speed and general health. Now, since AOS is more teamwork based, those type of boosts should be extended to the entire team, and the objectives for the boosts should be high too.
A leader, a sniper, a creator...
an admin, and a loyal clan member of USAB.

TheSifodias
[USAB] Member

Postby Derpy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:48 am

While everyone above and soon to be below derail this topic into Battlefront nostalgia, I have to say I like this idea.

I'm a brony, but not too far.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Return to Game