Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Age restricted servers.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Age restricted servers.

Postby demo123 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:17 am

lehma18 wrote:You can filter all you like, but it doesn't remove the problem. The problem being that most kids <15 are immature, grief, hack, are generally worse players, etc. This gives the mature player the ability to choose if they want to play with kids or not, witch attracts HC-gamers, resulting in a larger playerbase and better community.

See guys, age discrimination at work.

What about the people that are 15 or older but are a pieces of rooting scum that waste our air, food, water, gasoline and many other things.
Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby lehma18 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:57 am

demo123 wrote:
lehma18 wrote:You can filter all you like, but it doesn't remove the problem. The problem being that most kids <15 are immature, grief, hack, are generally worse players, etc. This gives the mature player the ability to choose if they want to play with kids or not, witch attracts HC-gamers, resulting in a larger playerbase and better community.

What about the people that are 15 or older but are a pieces of rooting scum that waste our air, food, water, gasoline and many other things.

This isn't about the earth's resources, it's about people being able to choose who they wan't to play with. You wouldn't HAVE TO add a age restriction, but it should be there if you want to. You can call it age discrimination, you can call it elitism, you can call it ANYTHING, but it won't remove the cold, hard facts: People don't want to play with teenagers. Hell, i don't, and I AM a teenager. They run&gun at the enemy, and if you try to suggest a course of action, you'll get "HURRDURR WHY SHULD I LISTEN 2 U NUB? I HAEV 500 KILZ, I KNO WAT I'M DOIN!!"
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby ZaPhobos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:23 pm

lehma18 wrote:
demo123 wrote:

This isn't about the earth's resources, it's about people being able to choose who they wan't to play with. You wouldn't HAVE TO add a age restriction, but it should be there if you want to. You can call it age discrimination, you can call it elitism, you can call it ANYTHING, but it won't remove the cold, hard facts: People don't want to play with teenagers. Hell, i don't, and I AM a teenager. They run&gun at the enemy, and if you try to suggest a course of action, you'll get "HURRDURR WHY SHULD I LISTEN 2 U NUB? I HAEV 500 KILZ, I KNO WAT I'M DOIN!!"

You obviously don't get his point. What he's saying is there are plenty of scumbag 15 y/o, and they can be found all too often on the Internet. And people can play with teenagers... Half the time I play nobody even talks.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Previous

Return to Game