Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

"SpadeZ" Anyone?

Got a great new idea for the game?

"SpadeZ" Anyone?

Postby XFrostByteX » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 am

Keep in mind, this will be a hell of a scripting/mapping challenge. It will be similar to our current zombies mode, but with a few adjustments.

Here's putting this into simple terms. Basically, you will have a group of "Survivors". Around 1 survivor for every 2 zombies. Zombies would be MUCH faster. Their walk is sprint speed, their crouch is walk speed. Damage is the same.

First off, you cannot destroy blocks of the map, only user placed blocks. Second, zombies can destroy blocks. However, it will take 8 hits to destroy a block. Zombie damage is 2 hit kill. You only get 25 blocks (either make it so 1 block will take away 2 count from your inventory, or reduce the block count to 25. Whichever is easier to code). After the first hit, you will slowly lose health until you get healed (we'll discuss this later).

There will be 2-3 tents where humans can heal. They'll be inside several buildings (Hospital, Church, and Base). The Hospital will include a tent which heals. Church is a tent which gives blocks, Base gives ammo. Straightforward.

One thing about the survivors, is that friendly fire will be on. They will be the same color as zombies. You are meant to group together with a few people you "trust" somewhat, or try and lonewolf it. The problem is, chances are these tents will be defended by these groups, and 1 person trying to defend a tent against a horde of zombies (who cannot friendly fire) or a group of coordinated players cannot succeed. Could someone just go around and kill randoms? Sure. But that will just make you a bigger target.

Spawn times shall be very long, this discourages, well dying. Around 60 seconds shouldn't be to long, but will have to sitting there going "OMFG WHY WONT I SPAWN DIS TIME IMA NAWT DIE!1!!1!!1". Spawns themselves will be on the outskirts of the map, which is where a large forest will be, surrounding the area.

Now to dig into the map itself. The Outskirts will be very woodland. Several lakes will be in this forest. There will be two halves, the right hand half would be more of a city like area, with the church, army base, apartments, etc. The left half will be connected by a bridge to the right, and contain the hospital, and be more of a farmland like area. Note, the bridge won't be one over water, so no water camping, yey!1!!1!!). There will be a few flat patches of land in the city for those lovers of building, but you'll be an easy target.

Now, the point of SpadeZ is too both survive, and have a little fun doing it. I want it to encourage teaming up, building, and tactics. It will require a whole lot of scripting. And chances are I won't get everything I wanted for SpadeZ, but I want the bare basics of it at least. Different groups of humans working together and against others, building, tactics, and zombies who have a damn chance.

Any thoughts? Keep in mind, this is just a dream. I have zero scripting & mapping skill, so if no one helps out, it's not gonna happen. If you like what you see, help out, find someone who can script or map. It'll help greatly.
XFrostByteX

Re: "SpadeZ" Anyone?

Postby ugotpiez » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:59 am

yes plz. I'm all up for SpadeZ, after being too lazy to reinstall Day Z.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby lehma18 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:40 am

Well, why the duck not?
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby Varun » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:55 am

Good idea, but the friendly fire thing has me going :/
If anyone other than mature guys play, it'll turn into a team killing snooze fest. Once the random deuces realize that spades are all that work, they'll be spamming everyone with their spades. And what happens when they realize that they can kill their teammates? The little buggers jizz themselves and kill everyone.

Really good idea by the way ;)
Last edited by Varun on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby MuOa » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:05 am

I do agree with varun on his point about people killing teamates on purpose.

This idea is really great, but like frostbyte already said, its extremely difficult... sadly...
But to add to the idea, why not make zombies spawn faster than humans? Whether this is done or not, i think this mode would be way better than the current human vs zombie mode.
^click
MuOa

Postby ante185 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Varun wrote:Good idea, but the friendly fire thing has me going :/
If anyone other than mature guys play, it'll turn into a team killing snooze fest. Once the random deuces realize that spades are all that work, they'll be spamming everyone with their spades. And what happens when they realize that they can kill their teammates? The little buggers jizz themselves and kill everyone.

Really good idea by the way ;)

isnt that hoe DayZ works?
ante185

Postby XxsnipahxX » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:15 pm

All we need is the next update(64 players), and bigger maps :D. I fully support.
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Postby XFrostByteX » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:42 am

First off, teamkilling with guns will be allowed

Second, Human team, won't really be a team. More of a class.

If we get a Bigger Map (let's say, instead of Hx8, how bout Kx10?) and 64 players, this would be very fun.

But first things first, let's work with what we have now. Zombies would hopefully spawn faster, however I can't figure out how to edit them spawn times for a separate team.

Also, another set of realism, drinking water...

Basically, you pull the pin of the "water bottle" (Grenade) and drink. Once the bottle explodes, no damage occurs. You can also toss your bottle to distract zombies, however, you just wasted a water bottle. The map will feature several spots called watering holes, and lakes. Just hop in the water, and you get 1 bottle every 5 seconds.

Thoughts on this?
XFrostByteX

Postby MuOa » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:45 am

:D glug glug glug

thats actually a pretty good idea, even though it sounds weird.. and you dehydrate if you dont get enough water? aka die... or slower movement..

but water bottles are definitely not for normal gameplay.
^click
MuOa

Postby XFrostByteX » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:15 am

For normal gameplay, no.

Basically, every 15 minutes, you need to drink. After 20 minutes, if you haven't taken a drink, you lose 5 health every 15 seconds until you take a sip.
XFrostByteX

Postby CraftDinur » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:44 am

I say nop until they implement larger maps and 64x64 players. With the current gameplay mechanics of AoS, a SpadeZ script will totally ruin the feel that DayZ brings with its expansive landscape. It would also be nice if we were playing on something close to Cheranus rather than a map like pinpoint.
IGN: CraftDinur, Mr. Yoshimori, 49th Parallel
CraftDinur

Postby XFrostByteX » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:30 am

I am planning for a special map with SpadeZ, which will give that feel of a big landscape. I will not have it on pinpoint, lol.

And, I'm not saying a 0.75 SpadeZ will be a final version, just a "beta" of some sorts. It'll give those free players something to do in 0.76, and not be so pissed that 1.00 gets all of the good stuff.

P.S., If admins ever tried to make this 1.00 exclusive script, i'd rather it die
XFrostByteX

Postby ugotpiez » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:23 am

XFrostByteX wrote:First off, teamkilling with guns will be allowed

Second, Human team, won't really be a team. More of a class.

If we get a Bigger Map (let's say, instead of Hx8, how bout Kx10?) and 64 players, this would be very fun.

But first things first, let's work with what we have now. Zombies would hopefully spawn faster, however I can't figure out how to edit them spawn times for a separate team.

Also, another set of realism, drinking water...

Basically, you pull the pin of the "water bottle" (Grenade) and drink. Once the bottle explodes, no damage occurs. You can also toss your bottle to distract zombies, however, you just wasted a water bottle. The map will feature several spots called watering holes, and lakes. Just hop in the water, and you get 1 bottle every 5 seconds.

Thoughts on this?

That would bring watercamping to a whole new level.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby XFrostByteX » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:58 am

I'm all for people building fortifications to defend key spots. Even the occasional camper just sitting there.

Also, zombies might flood to these areas too. So you'll really gotta watch out when you're getting a new water bottle.
XFrostByteX

Postby MuOa » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:38 am

wait, how would you take a sip w/o throwing away a bottle? or do you drink the whole grenade at once and toss the bottle away..
^click
MuOa

Next

Return to Game