Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Hacking Is a No No.....

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Hacking Is a No No.....

Postby Apryed » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:09 pm

HoboHob wrote:Name them.

This is a list of my own:
  1. It won't cause lag to him, but to all users in the server.
  2. There's no way to make first-person screens, if there is no way to be in that position. (You need that first...)
  3. Making him ragequit and having prove that he DOES CHEAT, and adding him to the Banlist, won't make any difference... He will change his Name and he will change his IP... and problem solved.

There you are, 3 things, and are not from Afrodude4.
Thanksgiving Day is every time someone leaves a comment with information you didn't know. Give "Thanks", be smart.
Apryed

Postby Afrodude4 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Apryed wrote:
HoboHob wrote:Name them.

This is a list of my own:
  1. It won't cause lag to him, but to all users in the server.
  2. There's no way to make first-person screens, if there is no way to be in that position. (You need that first...)
  3. Making him ragequit and having prove that he DOES CHEAT, and adding him to the Banlist, won't make any difference... He will change his Name and he will change his IP... and problem solved.

There you are, 3 things, and are not from Afrodude4.

1 and 2 were both things I was thinking of as well.
Representing Jamaica Power

Afrodude4

Postby HoboHob » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:16 pm

You guys did not understand my post.

Let me explain:
Ace of Spades gets a built in screen recorder. When an admin thinks someone is hacking, they just open up their little admin program and make the suspected hackers screen start recording.

This way the admin sees EXACTLY what the person is seeing. This of course would cause the suspected hackers to lag.
HoboHob

Postby Sniper101 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 pm

HoboHob wrote:You guys did not understand my post.

Let me explain:
Ace of Spades gets a built in screen recorder. When an admin thinks someone is hacking, they just open up their little admin program and make the suspected hackers screen start recording.

This way the admin sees EXACTLY what the person is seeing. This of course would cause the suspected hackers to lag.

If the hackers have a slow computer (like me), then they would know EXACTLY when a admin is recording them.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby Apryed » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Let me explain:

We did understand your post...

But you have to connect to the server, that's a slot that the server have to use, like a HLTV in CS, SourceTV in CSS/CSGO (and many other games), you record that exact Screen, ok... Now what? You have the suspect, what do you do next? You send that video to AoS Admins... Do you think that they have enough time to Update the game, make a AC (Anti-Cheats) that works properly, live their life, and check tons of reports? Plus, You have his Name, what do you do now? They change their name, and a simple router restart, and he is back online...

What do you do now with your GREAT system?

Think it... It's useless...
Thanksgiving Day is every time someone leaves a comment with information you didn't know. Give "Thanks", be smart.
Apryed

Postby Afrodude4 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:00 am

And if a player is innocent, then they'll probably get pissed at admins for lagging their game. Also, this is way too much work for a problem that is already handled fairly efficiently.

Afrodude4

Postby HoboHob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Guys, you have no idea what I am talking about -.-

Idiots, I won't even try to explain because your small brains just won't comprehend.
HoboHob

Postby Afrodude4 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 pm

HoboHob wrote:Guys, you have no idea what I am talking about -.-

Idiots, I won't even try to explain because your small brains just won't comprehend.

Exactly what in either of our posts made you think that we didn't know what you were saying?
What you're saying is obvious, but it's unnecessary and stupid.

Afrodude4

Postby HoboHob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:52 am

Afrodude4 wrote:

Exactly what in either of our posts made you think that we didn't know what you were saying?

No you don't get what I am trying to say. Don't pretend you do, because what you are talking about is something completely different from what I am.
HoboHob

Postby Afrodude4 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 pm

HoboHob wrote:Ace of Spades gets a built in screen recorder. When an admin thinks someone is hacking, they just open up their little admin program and make the suspected hackers screen start recording.

This is what you were saying right?

If so, then my point remains valid. If somebody happens to be playing really well, and they are not hacking, then they will probably get pissed off at an admin for lagging their game when they are innocent. That is, if your theory is actually codable.

Afrodude4

Postby mophop » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:57 am

Let me explain:

ok love the idea but the problem with that is to view someone's screen it needs to go through the fire wall and to stop that from working all the hacker has to do is say no the the should you let this through your fire wall prompt that and what your proposing needs to go into the coding of the installer which means this will then be needed to be sent to the programmers for this to work

what i'm proposing is a new sever system similar to the new AOS modes this would go into the basic coding of the sever not the game but i do like the idea of having a data base that has the knowlage of what is part of the client and anything extra will be classified as a hack
==================================================================================
mophop

Postby mophop » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:59 am

HoboHob wrote:
Afrodude4 wrote:

No you don't get what I am trying to say. Don't pretend you do, because what you are talking about is something completely different from what I am.

and FYI we do get it we just don't see it being practical
==================================================================================
mophop

Postby ResistAnce128 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:43 pm

* O* This is me, in love with this idea
No.
ResistAnce128

Postby Derpy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:28 am

HoboHob wrote:No you don't get what I am trying to say. Don't pretend you do, because what you are talking about is something completely different from what I am.

I feel this suggestion is starting a flame war within the area which is least probable for a flame war.

wut

I'm a brony, but not too far.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Postby HoboHob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:10 am

Derpy wrote:
HoboHob wrote:No you don't get what I am trying to say. Don't pretend you do, because what you are talking about is something completely different from what I am.

I feel this suggestion is starting a flame war within the area which is least probable for a flame war.

wut

IKR.

No one gets it.
HoboHob

PreviousNext

Return to Game