Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The Artillery and Vehicles Suggestion

Got a great new idea for the game?

The Artillery and Vehicles Suggestion

Postby xXWarriorXx » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 am

Good morning or evening to everyone, This topic is inspired by people who wanted artillery and vehicles on AoS, Now if we think of it, Here is what kind of Artillery we will need:

Cannons: This Artillery piece should be operated by 3 players, 1 of them will fire the cannon, The other one will navigate, While the other one will reload the cannon, Since cannons are heavy (Which is a realistic fact) Cannons should be placed by a map editor, Now here are my ideas:

An Automatic Cannon: This is a light artillery piece, Since it is automatic people would say that it would be overpowered, Well this can be balanced by overheating and weakness (Weaknesses are 1 Rocket, 50 SMG Shots, 35 Rifle Shots) and this cannon has a capacity of 15 or 20 rounds. The explosion range will damage 5 blocks.

A 125mm Cannon: This is a medium-heavy cannon, It would be operated by 3 players (The gunner, navigator and the one that reloads it), It can be destroyed by an RPG (Which is gonna be on AoS 1.0) with 1-2 rockets. The explosion range will damage 10 blocks.

A 150mm Cannon: This is a heavy cannon, It would be operated by 4 players, (The navigator, gunner, and the 2 players that would reload the gun) The explosion range will damage 15-20 blocks. It's weakness are 3 rockets.

A 200mm Costal Cannon: I Know what you people are gonna think and you are gonna say that it is overpowered, Well 7 players will operate the cannon. Its weakness are 5 Rocket shots, Its explosion range will damage 25-30 blocks.

Anti Aircraft Guns: Since helicopters will be on AoS 1.0, We need a big gun that would take em off instead of letting them fly by and dont give a f*ck. Here are my ideas:

A Fully Auto Anti Aircraft Gun: This Anti-aircraft gun will take down aircraft with 6-12 shots, Easy to move and easy to aim.

A Semi Auto Anti Aircraft Gun: This Anti-Aircraft gun will take down an aircraft with 3-5 shots, Kinda Hard to move, Easy to aim

A Heavy Caliber Anti Aircraft Gun: This Anti-Aircraft gun will take down an aircraft with one shot, Hard to move and hard to aim due to its heavy weight.

Motars: This gun was requested by many AoS players on the forum, It would be operated by 2 players.

If you guys have any better ideas, New variants of cannons, And better balancing of these, You may share it. And now lets go to the vehicles (They can be placed by map editors)

New helicopter variants (I Had an idea about this after i watched the AoS 1.0 Helicopter demonstration by lastofspades,):

Attack Helicopter (Like an AH-64 Apache etc etc): This type of helicopter will have 2 Miniguns and 2 Rocket launchers.

Rescue (Medic) Helicopter: This helicopter will have a Red Cross sign to indicate that it is a rescue helicopter, A Player must send a signal by pressing a button to indicate that he/she needs help (Just like on one of my favorite games called Team Fortress 2 where if you press the call Medic button, It will have a signal that indicates that he needs a medic) and the player piloting it might go to your area where you are.

Tanks: Comes in different variants and here they are:

A Main Battle Tank (MBT): Usually equipped with a 120mm or a 125mm cannon.

A Light Tank: Usually equipped with 50mm, 75mm Semi Auto cannons, It is fast and it's cannon is very easy to move due to it's light weight. It can be destroyed with 1 Rocket.

A Heavy Tank: Usually equipped with a 150mm, 160mm, 175mm cannons, It is very slow and it's main gun (The Cannon) is hard to move due to its weight.

Boats: This vehicle will scare off water campers away and if you want to cross an area with water fast. This is what we will need:

Rubber Boats: Equipped with nothing, It can be took down with 3-5 Rifle shots, 8-10 SMG shots, 1 Shotgun shot and 1 roket. It is very fast but it offers less protection. 3 players can ride.

A PT Boat: Equipped with a Machine Gun, And it is fast, Can be taken down with 1 RPG Shot. Offers normal protection. 5 players can ride:

Small Battleships: Equipped with a Machine Gun and a Mounted Missile Launcher, Can me taken down by 3 rocket shots. Normal Speed, Offers great protection and normal speed

Battleships: Equipped with Heavy Cannons, Mounted Rocket Launchers, Mounted Missile Launchers, Machine Gun's and others. Many players can ride here, Offers excellent protection and slow speed.

Armored Personel Carriers: Can transport players, 15 players can ride

Jeeps: Mounted with a Machine Gun, 3 Players can ride this.

And feel free to improve this topic, Give new ideas, And new variants of Artillery and Vehicles, Thank you.
Team Fortress 2 + Minecraft + Counter-Strike= Ace of Spades
xXWarriorXx

Re: The Artillery and Vehicles Suggestion

Postby scarfacemperor » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Forget heavy artillery that needs several players to be operated, players will NEVER cooperate but will fight to know who shoots. Mostly ones who reload.

If vehicles/artillery needed to be added, keep it simple, 1 or 2 models per category. Having only 16 vs 16 players at maximum isn't enough to afford too many vehicles :

-Cannon : artillery that can't be moved. You can make direct shots or shoot higher to use it as a mortar. Can also select the type of ammo, anti-material shells or anti-personal shrapnels

-Tank : armed with a cannon to storm enemy places, but weak if flanked by infantry or against air.
A second player can come in to control a machinegun, making the job much more difficult for enemy infantry

-Helicopter : heavy firepower but vulnerable. Good vs tanks and infantry, weak vs fighter and anti-air.

-Anti-air transport : a truck equiped with anti-air cannon. Good defense vs helicopter and planes, but weak vs ground units

-Bomber : powerful vs most ground units but weak vs anti-air and defenseless vs fighter. A second player can come in to use a machinegun to defend vs plane

-Fighter : great vs bomber and helicopter but lacks power vs ground target. And obviously easy destroyed by anti-air
The Scarmory : all my mods : viewtopic.php?f=71&t=6995
Mass Effect Pack V.7 Available - scopes (finally) included !
"cease fire, Grenadier ! The Old Guard only fights with the spade"
scarfacemperor

Postby MoleMan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:38 am

Even if no one is willing to operate a heavy artillery in a group, you can still make it more effective with group effort: Make the ammo for the mortar require building a block on a 2x4 square on the ground. If the mortar is portable, you place a 2x4 square, and the mortar appears nearby it (you can rotate it with RMB while you have it selected). A 2x2x4 block (16 blocks) is a 'shell' which is then expended when the mortar is fired (the block is destroyed, or just fired from the mortar in all its multicolor glory). More players assisting in making shells can increase the speed at which shells are put out.
MoleMan

Postby xXWarriorXx » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:07 am

I have an idea where land vehicles can only climb 1 block

Also you are right there just should be just a few players who should operate vehicles and artillery (If the players operating the artillery and vehicles kill players, All of em will have the kill like if they killed 3 of em, 3 kills will be added to operators)

And Airplanes and Jets should be on AoS, But there is a problem and that is that it needs a runaway from a map
xXWarriorXx

Postby scarfacemperor » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:38 pm

There is another solution for aircraft : make them spawn at the edge of the map, in flight, when a player chooses to respawn in one. That would make them come as support and prevent fights between teammates to control aircrafts.
scarfacemperor

Postby lehma18 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:29 am

scarfacemperor wrote:Forget heavy artillery that needs several players to be operated, players will NEVER cooperate but will fight to know who shoots. Mostly ones who reload.

This would be a problem in most servers, but then again, it would attract new players and encourage people to join/form clans, fixing the broken community.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby scarfacemperor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:37 am

lehma18 wrote:
scarfacemperor wrote:Forget heavy artillery that needs several players to be operated, players will NEVER cooperate but will fight to know who shoots. Mostly ones who reload.

This would be a problem in most servers, but then again, it would attract new players and encourage people to join/form clans, fixing the broken community.

I think that the example of a tank, 1 driver using the main gun + 1 machinegunner to defend the tank vs infantry would be cool, but need 4 players to operate a cannon, including 2 just to reload... that would be very boring for them.

Vehicles and artillery need to be thought that way : as least 1 player can take control of it. Players who cooperate make it more powerful, but each player controls something significant not to think it boring
scarfacemperor

Postby xXWarriorXx » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:44 am

scarfaceempeor: Vehicles and artillery need to be thought that way : as least 1 player can take control of it. Players who cooperate make it more powerful, but each player controls something significant not to think it boring

This is a good idea actually but i think there should just be 2 players operating the tank, The player that shoots the main gun (Cannon) and the player who shoots the secondary gun (The Machinegun)
xXWarriorXx

Postby ante185 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:50 pm

I was thinking about vheicals and how they would trevers the terrain, if they are just going over one block high it would tilt like 30 and if it was more then 1 block higher to travel it would go to 45 degrees and could either go the 30 befor it will get to the top, or just slam right down!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "first" vheical could be a simple tank, it would have three "speeds" slow > like crouch walking, normal > as fast as "jogging" and fast > as spriting but a lil bit faster (like 20-30%) and it could have a 40mm cannon so basicly a granade but it exploeds on inpact!
this is just a humble idea out of my head on how vheicals (<-- i dont know how to spell it:() would work and what vheical i want if they where added!
ante185

Postby xXWarriorXx » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:52 am

ante185 wrote:I was thinking about vheicals and how they would trevers the terrain, if they are just going over one block high it would tilt like 30 and if it was more then 1 block higher to travel it would go to 45 degrees and could either go the 30 befor it will get to the top, or just slam right down!
The "first" vheical could be a simple tank, it would have three "speeds" slow > like crouch walking, normal > as fast as "jogging" and fast > as spriting but a lil bit faster (like 20-30%) and it could have a 40mm cannon so basicly a granade but it exploeds on inpact!
this is just a humble idea out of my head on how vheicals (<-- i dont know how to spell it:() would work and what vheical i want if they where added!

Nice idea Ante, But real tanks use 120mm cannons, But yeah the Tilting idea is very awesome
xXWarriorXx

Postby DucKsGoQuack » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:24 am

I like the ideas you have :3
But if vehicles such as tanks were added I think an anti-tank gun would need to be added as a 4th weapon, such as a bazooka or an RPG.
By 4th weapon I mean a weapon infantry can carry.
DucKsGoQuack

Postby xXWarriorXx » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:46 am

DucKsGoQuack wrote:I like the ideas you have :3
But if vehicles such as tanks were added I think an anti-tank gun would need to be added as a 4th weapon, such as a bazooka or an RPG.
By 4th weapon I mean a weapon infantry can carry.

Well how bout Mounted Anti Tank guns and an Anti Material Rifle (Anti Material rifles can eliminate vehicles (tanks, cars etc).
xXWarriorXx

Postby TheGunnerGuy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:07 am

I'm sorry to conplain about this, but it's impossible for ground vehicles to drive on Craters, mountains, steep hills, and other things. So maybe that a ground vehicle is useless on mountainous and hilly maps. I think they are maybe only available on open-area maps like pinpoint (not the 2nd one), Hallway, antibridge, and others maybe. just my opinion.

BEST KILLING STREAK: 84
BEST KILLS: 416
TheGunnerGuy

Postby ante185 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:58 am

xXWarriorXx wrote:
ante185 wrote:I was thinking about vheicals and how they would trevers the terrain, if they are just going over one block high it would tilt like 30 and if it was more then 1 block higher to travel it would go to 45 degrees and could either go the 30 befor it will get to the top, or just slam right down!

Nice idea Ante, But real tanks use 120mm cannons, But yeah the Tilting idea is very awesome

Modern MBT use a 120mm, there was tanks that had cannon as smal as 20mm... but i dont think anything wheeld could work in AOS.
ante185

Postby xXWarriorXx » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:34 pm

TheGunnerGuy wrote:I'm sorry to conplain about this, but it's impossible for ground vehicles to drive on Craters, mountains, steep hills, and other things. So maybe that a ground vehicle is useless on mountainous and hilly maps. I think they are maybe only available on open-area maps like pinpoint (not the 2nd one), Hallway, antibridge, and others maybe. just my opinion.
Main problem if vehicles are on AoS
xXWarriorXx

Next

Return to Game