Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Leveling Up.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Leveling Up.

Postby Rydogger » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:45 pm

No game is a game without leveling up. You have online COD, Skyrim, Battlefield, WoW, LoL, and much more. Many people say that level is just a number. It is. Anyone can hop onto a game of COD and sit there. If they do this enough, they will make it to the max level. What we need is a leveling system that will show skill. It has 3 categories: Intel, Kills, and Building.

Intel: Shows how many times you have Grabbed/Captured the Intel. Has a ratio.

Kills: Kinda obvious. Kills/Deaths. Also has a ratio.

Building: Shows how many blocks a player has put down/broken. Has a ratio. This will be able to control griefers considering that if a player has a building ratio of 0/2000, he is classified as a griefer.

How this leveling system works:

People are wondering how this leveling system will work. Its actually quite easy.

Intel: 1st level = 5 Intel caps. Doubles as you level up. Has a max of lets say 20 levels.

Kills: 1st level = 10 kills. Doubles as you level up. Has a max of 30 levels.

Building: 1st level = 50 blocks placed. Also has challenges such as "Block Height", How high your structure is. Doubles as you level up. Max level 15.

When will this be implemented?

Probably not soon. Maybe once we get registration going. Since people can still change their names from the config.ini folder, it would be stupid if you change your name, your stats get erased. Since registration would make you have to use a forum name, maybe stats would save to your forum profile. I think this would be great, considering that most of us get called n00bs on a daily basis. If you've read this entire thing, thank you.
Stalk me via the Following.
Image Image
<MinitAssault> <eddie> I WANT SEXY TIME
<MinitAssault> eddie will never know a sexy time.
Rydogger

Location: Kayaking across the Pacific Ocean, Trying to reach the shores of Japan

Re: Leveling Up.

Postby Fluttershy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:06 am

So what are you suggesting exactly? Useless numbers that show up next to a dudes name? or actual content being unlocked at said useless numbers? Either way im opposed to the whole idea.

I really love how anyone can simply jump in and be at an equal playing field as the next guy. Adding bullshit like "20% faster fire rate!" when you level just discourages new people because everyone else is better than them just because theyve been playing longer, rather than actually having more skill.
Fluttershy

Postby Rydogger » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:25 am

You dont unlock anything. It just simply shows where your strong areas are and your weak areas are. I would say that My strong areas are killing and building, but im horrible with intel running. Thats all. Its like "Oh this guy is a level 26 in kills, but a level 2 in Intel. So if i want to kill him, i want to stay back and protect the intel"
Image Image
Rydogger

Location: Kayaking across the Pacific Ocean, Trying to reach the shores of Japan

Postby CraftDinur » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:16 am

I'm pretty sure Ben said he wasn't gonna add leveling.
It was mentioned on DeathEnhanced's "DO NOT ASK" thread on the old forums.
IGN: CraftDinur, Mr. Yoshimori, 49th Parallel
CraftDinur

Postby Rydogger » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:44 am

Didn't see that.
Image Image
Rydogger

Postby xEric » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:13 am

Plus anyone can make their own server with pyspades and automaticly kills a person or gets intel by yourself or just be the oppisit of griefing which means puts blocks everywhere thats not nessary
Back
xEric

Postby Bandage » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:21 am

I kind of like the idea, I think I suggested something quite similar back then when the forum looked different.

Though I think I already can see the kiddos boosting those ratios with friends and showng others how cool they are.
Search for "MW2 Nuke boosting" to get the idea of that.
Just imagine the team sucking out because half of the teammates are just placing blocks for levels in the backside of the map...

Nothing else than the level boosting is bad about this in my opinion. It would be nice to track my statics some now and then, seeing how good I'm actually doing in the game.
PS: kmaj is a grammarnazi
Bandage
[USAB] Member

Postby Gorman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:48 am

Leveling sucks, a person is not good just because they killed a lot of people, do not confuse people with such.

In level does not correlate to how good a player is.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby thedoctor1212 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Leveling up would be ok but it would be completely pointless. Now, if you make level restricted servers so prose would VS pros and beginers could verse beginers that would be good but you'd have to think about how to do it 'cause as whatever said how many kills you make isn't the same thing as being good.

Or you just do the restricted serveres but instead of levels you could select your own level like you choose between;

-beginer
-intermediate
-good
-advanced
-pro
-grand master

Wouldn't that be awesome
People call me a pro. But they're wrong, killing isn't a profession, it's a passion.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gaming-melbourne
thedoctor1212

Postby Tek2 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:14 pm

thedoctor1212 wrote:-beginer
-intermediate
-good
-advanced
-pro
-grand master

I bet tGM would love this.:D
Tek2

Postby armandux1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:03 pm

No ! No levels for you ! Whats the point of useless numbers ? Just because different games have levels doesn't mean that AoS should have leveling too.
AoS is NOT Minecraft with guns !!!
armandux1

Postby Squeal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:02 pm

I am sorry but leveling will only increase the amount of people playing the game for kills, if anything we should remove the kill count.This works perfectly fine in Liberation and Resistance. It's a game of teamwork, not COD.
Squeal

Postby Rydogger » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:21 am

It would be kind of hard to boost considering that you spawn on the other side of the map when you die.

Fine, we shall take building out of the occasion, i didn't realize that when i made this post.

I understand this isn't COD, Ive said that hundreds of times, but i just think it would be a good idea to involve something to unlock. It is kinda like the Gold Camo in Black Ops, you couldn't just boost for it, you had to level up and reach prestige 14 times, and spend 50000 cod points on it. And it doesnt need to be leveling up to unlock something, if anyone has a suggestion, i can try to reach out to bcoolface on twitter.
Image Image
Rydogger

Return to Game