Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Kill Assists

Got a great new idea for the game?

Kill Assists

Postby Derpy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:24 pm

In several FPS games, such as Team Fortress 2, there is this script in the "Killfeed" known as an assist.
If a player kills another player, but a teammate helps in that form, by dealing damage to the target, as well, he gets credit for it.

Adding this feature to Ace of Spades may help settle arguments in-game.

Dialogue without it sometimes goes like this:

"OMG, you stole my kill, you motherducker!"

"Dude, I did ALL the damage to him, and you shot ONE bullet, and killed him. You sack of schmitt."

"You're on a spree of only shooting one bullet for each kill! Your teammates do all the work!"

I've had dialogue like that in the game before.

But, with this, they can receive at least credit for the kill. Therefore, everyone's happy.

I hope I'm not a nuisance with my suggestion.

I'm a brony, but not too far.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Re: Kill Assists

Postby scarfacemperor » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Already proposed a thousand times, but...

I vote yes. Not to get a few more points, but to be sure that the enemy I was shooting at is dead and not simply scared by my shots. Only display a message such as "you assisted Deuce's death", that would be enough for me
The Scarmory : all my mods : viewtopic.php?f=71&t=6995
Mass Effect Pack V.7 Available - scopes (finally) included !
"cease fire, Grenadier ! The Old Guard only fights with the spade"
scarfacemperor

Postby XxsnipahxX » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:27 pm

If you get a kill assist, you should also get the kill.
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Postby scarfacemperor » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Why not giving the kill to the player who injured the most the killed enemy ? You damage him 80% and a friend finishes him ? You get the kill, your friend only get the assist.

No, maybe we should instead give a little bonus to players who make kill-assist, to reward team work. Such as a 10% healing or a few extra ammo
The Scarmory : all my mods : viewtopic.php?f=71&t=6995
Mass Effect Pack V.7 Available - scopes (finally) included !
"cease fire, Grenadier ! The Old Guard only fights with the spade"
scarfacemperor

Postby Derpy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:05 am

scarfacemperor wrote:Why not giving the kill to the player who injured the most the killed enemy ? You damage him 80% and a friend finishes him ? You get the kill, your friend only get the assist.

No, maybe we should instead give a little bonus to players who make kill-assist, to reward team work. Such as a 10% healing or a few extra ammo

If that were true, people would do it for that purpose.
In the regard of giving people a reward, I'm talking about points.

An example is that a player gets a half a point of credit. 2 Assists would equal 1 kill worth of points.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Postby fake » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:45 pm

good idea!
fake

Postby ATsch » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Good ideas but giving away half-points would make everything to comlicated.

I really think that the guy who does most damage should get the kill, and not the guy who shoots first.
there should also be a time limit, so it resets after a time/ the % of credit slowly decreases to avoid stuff like this:
Code: Select all
ATsch shoots Charly for 51 dmg (more than half, so ATsch gets the kill, whatever happens)
Charly runs around for around 10 mins without dying and gets shot by Simon

In that case, without the Credit loss, ATsch would have gotten the kill. Some people will focus on shooting targets once or spraying in the hope of getting kills by earning credit.

It would be hard to make this automatic, because it is very hard to determine if One guy rescues another, who almost got killed,
or if one guy stole the kill
or if one guy helpe the other

any solutions for that?
CAUTION: This post by the user "ATsch" could potentially contain elements such as "sarcasm" or "metaphors" where he does not mean what he is saying.
Badass profile picture -.-
ATsch
[DELTA] Member

Postby ZaPhobos » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:33 pm

I say that the kill assist should end in a certain allotted time, as said above me.

If the guy is shot by two others within 1 second and killed by one of them in that second, then a kill assist is applied.
A sort of timer begins to tick for one second, and if a kill by another happens within that one second of him being hit, kill assist.
ie: ZaPhobos is shot by duck, bringing him to whatever health. He is killed by another who happens to be gunning at him. Kill assist applied to both of them.
Kill assist could be rendered as an "invisible half point" to both of them. So if you get two kill assists, you get a full point, ect.
Whoever did more damage gets their name first in the assist.

More damage + less damage killed deuce (assist)

Seems fair, right?
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Aeroclaw » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:23 pm

ZaPhobos wrote:I say that the kill assist should end in a certain allotted time, as said above me.

If the guy is shot by two others within 1 second and killed by one of them in that second, then a kill assist is applied.
A sort of timer begins to tick for one second, and if a kill by another happens within that one second of him being hit, kill assist.
ie: [DELTA]ZaPhobos is shot by duck, bringing him to whatever health. He is killed by another who happens to be gunning at him. Kill assist applied to both of them.
Kill assist could be rendered as an "invisible half point" to both of them. So if you get two kill assists, you get a full point, ect.

Seems fair, right?
Aeroclaw

Location: I live 20 miles away from NIASKA and Scum in Zing Zong Ming Mong Ling Long...

Postby Marxist » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Disagree. Players shouldn't get credit if they didn't make the killing shot. Maybe there can be a kill assist thing on the leaderboard, but that's it.
IGN: Groendland
Marxist

Postby Derpy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:41 am

ZaPhobos wrote:I say that the kill assist should end in a certain allotted time, as said above me.

ie: ZaPhobos is shot by duck, bringing him to whatever health. He is killed by another who happens to be gunning at him. Kill assist applied to both of them.

Seems fair, right?

Win.

Derpy
[TSB] Member

Postby SRL » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:46 am

Since there's no ranking system, this could be okay, but I think that if 5 people each put a collective amount of SMG bullets in an enemy OVER TIME then it could get screwy, unless everyone who hits gets credit for the kill.
SRL
{AGAN} Member

Postby ZaPhobos » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:48 am

SRL wrote:Since there's no ranking system, this could be okay, but I think that if 5 people each put a collective amount of SMG bullets in an enemy OVER TIME then it could get screwy, unless everyone who hits gets credit for the kill.

One second?

Nope.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Return to Game