Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Griefing Prevention

Got a great new idea for the game?

Griefing Prevention

Postby wiw » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:33 am

I came up with an idea - if every block stored which team it was placed by, it could be made more difficult to dig blocks placed by team-mates. Either the time taken to dig team-mate's blocks could be increased, or a limit on the number of team-mate's blocks you are able to dig per life could be implemented. The time increase could also be incremental (the more team-mate's blocks you destroy the slower it becomes).

The team value could be stored in a single byte or even a boolean if null can be used for map blocks. The fact it would also effect your own blocks would probably be a good thing if anything. This would hopefully discourage certain players from laboriously sabotaging their own team...
wiw

Re: Griefing Prevention

Postby XxsnipahxX » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Here`s a way to improve this, You can only destroy your blocks and your enemies blocks with 2 hits with alt fire. You can only destroy blocks if other teamates blocks with 3 or 4 hits. If you are digging underground it is default 2 hits with alt fire.
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Return to Game