Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

selective fire

Got a great new idea for the game?

selective fire

Postby unyant » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:35 pm

title say it all
it will be great if selective fire is added to the game :)
example:M14 can select fully-automatic fire mode(of course,very low fire rate and heavy recoil),MP5 can select burst fire mode
unyant

Re: selective fire

Postby SilentGunna » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:31 pm

The rifle in the game is already fully automatic, and you can have burst fire on the SMG if you hold the mouse button for like half than a second and just keep repeating. :P
Ingame name: [DELTA]Paingel
"You live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent
SilentGunna
[DELTA] Member

Postby zephir » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 am

what? you can't click faster?
actually the semi has a specific ROF, clicking faster will not shoot faster. each shot already has recoil, so if you were to shoot the fastest speed possible you'd have high recoil.

for smg, just click faster. don't hold down the button if you don't want to spray. the smg also has a fixed maximum fire rate. because I can click my mouse up to 40 times a second and that doesn't make my gun shoot 40 times a second.

unless i'm a spray-n-pray mode i don't hold down the mouse button. i click each time i fire one bullet, if I want to shoot faster I click faster.
if I can do it so can you. well maybe not 40 times a second. that's more of an acquired skill form more than 10 years of FPS experience.
zephir

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:05 am

zephir wrote:what? you can't click faster?
actually the semi has a specific ROF, clicking faster will not shoot faster. each shot already has recoil, so if you were to shoot the fastest speed possible you'd have high recoil.

for smg, just click faster. don't hold down the button if you don't want to spray. the smg also has a fixed maximum fire rate. because I can click my mouse up to 40 times a second and that doesn't make my gun shoot 40 times a second.

unless i'm a spray-n-pray mode i don't hold down the mouse button. i click each time i fire one bullet, if I want to shoot faster I click faster.
if I can do it so can you. well maybe not 40 times a second. that's more of an acquired skill form more than 10 years of FPS experience.

Eh, humans are not all the same champs. Just because you can easily do it(like you said, from more than 10 years of FPS experience) does not mean other people can do it just as good as you. I know there are people that have some difficult with keaping a constant burst(it eithers erupt into full-auto or is just semi-auto). Just because I enjoy chemistry and was able to get 17 out of 20 in the Brazilian Chemistry Olympics test, does not mean everyone else can do too. For a matter of comparison a friend of mine got around 9 out of 20.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Tek2 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:09 am

ChaosTLW wrote:
zephir wrote:what? you can't click faster?

Eh, humans are not all the same champs. Just because you can easily do it(like you said, from more than 10 years of FPS experience) does not mean other people can do it just as good as you. I know there are people that have some difficult with keaping a constant burst(it eithers erupt into full-auto or is just semi-auto). Just because I enjoy chemistry and was able to get 17 out of 20 in the Brazilian Chemistry Olympics test, does not mean everyone else can do too. For a matter of comparison a friend of mine got around 9 out of 20.

And what is wrong with having a bit of a skill curve in an fps game? And seriously burst firing is super easy, if you can't do it I don't know why are you even playing and fps.
Oh not every person can aim well? Let's give everybody and aimbot.
Tek2

Return to Game