Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Prevent Noobs From Camping Inside The Tent

Got a great new idea for the game?

Prevent Noobs From Camping Inside The Tent

Postby SilentGunna » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:58 am

Okay so alot of people tend to run to the enemy tent and literally camp inside of it. My suggestion is to make the tent solid so that people can't get in but you can still heal & other shit.
Ingame name: [DELTA]Paingel
"You live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent
SilentGunna
[DELTA] Member

Re: Prevent Noobs From Camping Inside The Tent

Postby Varun » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:17 am

Its pretty hard to camp in there without getting seen. You can never know if you are totally invisible, and people wise up after a little while. Why not just use a different kind of cp? Like one that is hollow or something.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Articsledder » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Tents are made for camping though D:
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby SICKfudge » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:17 pm

I see it as another thing to watch out for, just pay attention!
IGN: SICKfudge
My avatar is Mr. Squirrel Mc Squirrelton [RIP]
ADVERTISMENT:
SICKfudge

Postby Semper » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Yeah, get one of those flag tents so those silly campers will think you won't see them but you will.
But its a good tactic for getting someone out the base.
Joined Delta: Monday August 13th, 2012.
>Thread stalkers
Semper
[DELTA] Member

Postby Paratrooper » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:23 pm

One thing you could do is to edit the tent so that it is hollow or so that is just a little flag.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

Postby zephir » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 am

so you're saying i'm a noob for using the tent to camp from?
it's really not that big a deal- bullets got tracers, people's got speakers, and as more people do it the less effective the tactic is, at most it'll work like 1-2 times in a game.
you'd have to be playing against a bunch of totally unobservant, no sound retards to pull off spawn camping from the tent more than 1-2 times. people catch on quick. once they understand what's going on it will never work again. if you're facing a large group it's also impossible to kill everyone faster than someone can discover what's going on. you also can't miss very much otherwise people will figure it out (from the tracers), you can't run out of ammo because if anyone sees you the trick would be exposed.
in other words, it's impractical to spawn camp from the tent.

I do like using the tent for cover though because it's good to defense your own spawn. specific maps like hallway are prone to spawn campers who camp outside of the spawn area. if you can get to the tent without getting shot you can mange some return fire.

to protect against spawn campers would would be more effective to have a 1-3 second invulnerability for all respawns instead.
zephir

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:07 am

zephir wrote:so you're saying i'm a noob for using the tent to camp from?
it's really not that big a deal- bullets got tracers, people's got speakers, and as more people do it the less effective the tactic is, at most it'll work like 1-2 times in a game.
you'd have to be playing against a bunch of totally unobservant, no sound retards to pull off spawn camping from the tent more than 1-2 times. people catch on quick. once they understand what's going on it will never work again. if you're facing a large group it's also impossible to kill everyone faster than someone can discover what's going on. you also can't miss very much otherwise people will figure it out (from the tracers), you can't run out of ammo because if anyone sees you the trick would be exposed.
in other words, it's impractical to spawn camp from the tent.

I do like using the tent for cover though because it's good to defense your own spawn. specific maps like hallway are prone to spawn campers who camp outside of the spawn area. if you can get to the tent without getting shot you can mange some return fire.

to protect against spawn campers would would be more effective to have a 1-3 second invulnerability for all respawns instead.

Actually it is pretty much practical to get some covering fire from the enemy tent to someone going for the intel, or to quickly cap a Control Point without resistance. I routinely do it on ToW servers if I can't otherwise cap a flag. It is not, however, practical to keep doing it over and over and over and over or for a long time, as you said.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Return to Game