Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

A better way of offering a "free to play" version

Got a great new idea for the game?

A better way of offering a "free to play" version

Postby Articsledder » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:44 pm

People seem to be upset about splitting the community, so my suggestion is to offer the same game to Free to Play players, except don't give them any of the new weapons/equipment. They wouldn't be able to use the RPG and HMG, gain HP/Ammo from crates, and possibly limit all the existing ammo they have by half.

I fully expect this idea to get tons of flak from people who can't buy the game, but face it, your not gonna be able to get everything with this update. Either it's be split up and get nothing, or get nothing but still stick with the community.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Re: A better way of offering a "free to play" version

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 pm

maybe a good idea, this is really just .76 except you get to see other people play 1.0 first hand if you dont pay.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Found » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:56 pm

For example person A could have 1.0 and person B only has 0.76. The person with 1.0 deploys a MG and he dies by a guy who doesnt have 1.0. Does that mean the 0.76 guy can use the MG?
Found

Postby XFrostByteX » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 pm

If we did this, we'd need 1.00 servers, and 0.76 servers. You cannot have People who payed rampaging with RPG's on the small arms insurgents of the pinpoint town
XFrostByteX

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 am

Articsledder wrote:They wouldn't be able to use the RPG and HMG, gain HP/Ammo from crates, and possibly limit all the existing ammo they have by half.

Insert 5 dollars to win.
Fluttershy

Postby Articsledder » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:13 am

Fluttershy wrote:
Articsledder wrote:They wouldn't be able to use the RPG and HMG, gain HP/Ammo from crates, and possibly limit all the existing ammo they have by half.

Insert 5 dollars to win.

I never said it was necessary, ben can add it if he wants. HMG's and RPG's aren't going to change the game that much. You seem to forget that this is a team based game as-well.

XFrostByteX wrote:If we did this, we'd need 1.00 servers, and 0.76 servers. You cannot have People who payed rampaging with RPG's on the small arms insurgents of the pinpoint town

Your assuming that all the paid players are going to pile into 1 team.

Found wrote:For example person A could have 1.0 and person B only has 0.76. The person with 1.0 deploys a MG and he dies by a guy who doesnt have 1.0. Does that mean the 0.76 guy can use the MG?

In the case of the HMG I think it would work if Free players can use placed ones, but cannot place there own (this is assuming the owner has the ability to kick anyone else off). If vehicles they are added they could be passengers but not drivers.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby XxsnipahxX » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:27 pm

And maybe there should be platinum and gold servers, platinum is for people who didnt pay. And gold are for people who did and they get all the new features. When people who want to play on platinum servers, who payed, get a a gold name or a custom color they want for the name.
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:18 pm

XxsnipahxX wrote:And maybe there should be platinum and gold servers, platinum is for people who didnt pay. And gold are for people who did and they get all the new features. When people who want to play on platinum servers, who payed, get a a gold name or a custom color they want for the name.

But platinum is usually regarded as best than gold. I rather have just plain "Premium"(people who paid) and "Normal"(those who didn't) servers.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby k0mbine » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:57 am

Wait so Ace of Spades is going pay to play?
k0mbine

Postby tonyantonio » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:38 am

XxsnipahxX wrote:And maybe there should be platinum and gold servers, platinum is for people who didnt pay. And gold are for people who did and they get all the new features. When people who want to play on platinum servers, who payed, get a a gold name or a custom color they want for the name.

Gold is shit compared to platinum you know what they say "Man wanted to turn lead into gold, but we wanted to turn gold into platinum"
Yes I am religious, and yes that automatically means that I am retarded.
tonyantonio

Postby ChaosTLW » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:42 am

k0mbine wrote:Wait so Ace of Spades is going pay to play?

Yes.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby tonyantonio » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 am

You mixed up your metals man if you were to choose a block of gold or a block of platinum you choose gold? idiot
Yes I am religious, and yes that automatically means that I am retarded.
tonyantonio

Postby Sniper101 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 am

tonyantonio wrote:

You mixed up your metals man if you were to choose a block of gold or a block of platinum you choose gold? idiot

I would choose gold because it is more valuable.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby ante185 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Sniper101 wrote:
tonyantonio wrote:

I would choose gold because it is more valuable.

but platinum is even more valuable!!!
ante185

Postby XxsnipahxX » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Then I would now change platinum to silver, gold is worth more than silver.
want a sig like mines?Click here^^
Stats:
IGN:[DELTA]snipe
favorite weapon(s): SMG and rifle
favorite server: Last Team standing,Shams Little Pony, and Minit US
When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.
XxsnipahxX
[DELTA] Member

Next

Return to Game