Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Blood Traces (not a good interest)

Got a great new idea for the game?

Blood Traces (not a good interest)

Postby TheGunnerGuy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:11 am

NOT FOR YOUNGER PLAYERS:
Blood traces can be seen on a block when any player was damaged (except stupid people shooting you or spading you but only if you shoot griefers). Blood traces lasts only 30 secs and changes the water colour to red if any blood goes to a single water block.

Blood may have different impacts:
SMG shots gives little blood splashes
Shotgun gives a MASSIVE gulging blood
Rifles gives the opposite splash (like you shoot infront and blood goes back)

There's almost every ideas that are already used, so there's less to think of.

BEST KILLING STREAK: 84
BEST KILLS: 416
TheGunnerGuy

Re: Blood Traces (not a good interest)

Postby SilentGunna » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:48 am

So you want the grisly violence of TF2 and Quake 3? I approve! This would get younger players parents to forbid them from playing a game with that much violence. And therefore we wouldn't so much 11 year olds ranting and complaining because the person that killed them got a headshot.
Ingame name: [DELTA]Paingel
"You live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent
SilentGunna
[DELTA] Member

Postby XFrostByteX » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:23 pm

SilentGunna wrote:So you want the grisly violence of TF2 and Quake 3? I approve! This would get younger players parents to forbid them from playing a game with that much violence. And therefore we wouldn't so much 11 year olds ranting and complaining because the person that killed them got a headshot.

:/

We shouldn't gore a game just to get rid of kids. I know 13 year olds who act like 20 year old guys, and have as much skill as Komrades

Now, I do like a little more gore, but not to get rid of kids. We need to swear the hell out of every match so their parents see and prevent them from playing that way
Last edited by XFrostByteX on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XFrostByteX

Postby Semper » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 pm

SilentGunna wrote:So you want the grisly violence of TF2 and Quake 3? I approve! This would get younger players parents to forbid them from playing a game with that much violence. And therefore we wouldn't so much 11 year olds ranting and complaining because the person that killed them got a headshot.

I'm 13, my parents approve all games no matter what, Do you really think parents won't let them play this game? I know some 9 year old kids playing call of duty.
Joined Delta: Monday August 13th, 2012.
>Thread stalkers
Semper
[DELTA] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Semper wrote:

I'm 13, my parents approve all games no matter what, Do you really think parents won't let them play this game? I know some 9 year old kids playing call of duty.

I have a 10-year-old friend who loves Fallout 3 and has 100% of the trophies both in Fallout 3 and FNV, and quite frequently his father plays with him. So yeah, not every father will mark a game as forbidden just because it has blood.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Semper » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Yeah, If they're already letting their child play this 'FPS' game the'll still let them play it, blood or not.
Joined Delta: Monday August 13th, 2012.
>Thread stalkers
Semper
[DELTA] Member

Postby Sniper101 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:53 am

As if 9 year olds don't play God of War. And don't be mean to 11 year olds! D:
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby Found » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 am

You guys are lucky that you can play violent games while I'm stuck playing Puzzle Games and AoS. I can only play COD when I'm at my friends house. I'm only good at nuke town. EDIT: I'm eleven and I don't rage if I get killed. I'm quite mature.
Found

Postby Eagle7 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:58 am

i'm 11.

I'm still gonna play this game if that is inserted.

My mom doesn't give a s***
Wanna listen to this pony's music? Right here!
Eagle7

Postby zephir » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:39 am

I've been playing violent fps games filled with blood and gore since i was 12.
12 years ago.
well back then gore was mostly expressed in a spray of pixels, not like visible fling limbs of bodies being blasted to bloody mist, but it's the same thing. I agree, there should be an option to turn on the more graphic, gory textures and where dead bodies never disappear (up to maximum # supported by game)

well at least just bodies that never disappear and blood sprays.
zephir

Postby burgerblock » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 am

If nobody minds my derailing the "too many little kids play violent games" train, I'd like to point out that enhanced blood splatters are strategically beneficial. Seeing as AoS doesn't have any hit-markers. I tend to use blood splatters as a way of confirming if I've struck my target or not (with the exception of head-shots of course). Additionally, using blood splatters would be a neat way of tracking enemies in a less populated server.
burgerblock

Postby SRL » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 am

burgerblock wrote:If nobody minds my derailing the "too many little kids play violent games" train, I'd like to point out that enhanced blood splatters are strategically beneficial. Seeing as AoS doesn't have any hit-markers. I tend to use blood splatters as a way of confirming if I've struck my target or not (with the exception of head-shots of course). Additionally, using blood splatters would be a neat way of tracking enemies in a less populated server.

Huh. I never thought of it that way. In that case, +2 to this.
SRL
{AGAN} Member

Postby Freakengamer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:32 am

I suggest adding bandages and blood wound drops like in RO 2 (Red Orchestra 2) eh? EEEHHHH???

ALSO ADD AN OPTION FOR THE BLOOD SPLATTER LIKE: ENABLE BLOOD? Y/N

DONT LOOK HERE! f(-_-f ) F*** OFF.
Freakengamer

Postby StarReaper » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:35 am

Not to be annoying, but ive seen youtube vids of 9 year olds playing CoD.
StarReaper

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:38 am

i think this could be a nice touch, and could be used tactically to find out where people have been killed most (in the last short amount of time). But i dont want to see it get really really gorey, just some what unrealistic blood splatters.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Next

Return to Game