Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Beta Codes - for 1.0

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Beta Codes - for 1.0

Postby Fluttershy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:44 am

Semper wrote:Because I'm 13, I don't have a credit card and mom won't let me use hers.

And I didn't mean everyone gets one, you register for one and some lucky people get it for free.

Do none of your local stores have those prepaid cards that function exactly like a credit card with a limited amount of money on them?
Fluttershy

Postby Rydogger » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:14 am

Fluttershy wrote:
Semper wrote:Because I'm 13, I don't have a credit card and mom won't let me use hers.

And I didn't mean everyone gets one, you register for one and some lucky people get it for free.

Do none of your local stores have those prepaid cards that function exactly like a credit card with a limited amount of money on them?

Those dont work. They arent registered under PayPal
Stalk me via the Following.
Image Image
<MinitAssault> <eddie> I WANT SEXY TIME
<MinitAssault> eddie will never know a sexy time.
Rydogger

Location: Kayaking across the Pacific Ocean, Trying to reach the shores of Japan

Postby SICKfudge » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:51 pm

I really dont get some of you guys... if you are genuninly concerned about a game's community being broken up I reckon you should go outside, have a look at your life and maybe see some freinds, you know, this game can be fun and all but I dont see the point of getting worked up about it.
As for the whole giving the game away for free thing, ultimatly its up to Ben and Mat, i can see them getting some publicity from giving the game away for free but I dont see any reasons why anyone should deserve it more than anyone else.
And anyway, there are many more inivative free to pay indie games to play, explore, its not the end of the world if you cannot play this anymore
IGN: SICKfudge
My avatar is Mr. Squirrel Mc Squirrelton [RIP]
ADVERTISMENT:
SICKfudge

Postby Freakengamer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:41 am

Semper wrote:
Leonzable wrote:Why is everyone such cheapskates? Noone deserves the game for free more than anyone else does, no matter how long you've played.

(Not that I wouldn't mind having it for free) teehee

Because I'm 13, I don't have a credit card and mom won't let me use hers.

And that is why I hate the money part of my life... you have to pay this to access that. you have to pay for what you did, and you have to pay to bet/gamble. I mean literaly?!?!? I'd rather kill myself then play game that is just in 1.0. I'd say keep it free if you guys are running low n' cash We (the people who support you devolopers) should do a fundraiser to help thim out and to show them that we care about them.
Freakengamer

Postby ATsch » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:51 am

the basic points that make this game awsome is that it runs on every pc, is fun, and f2p. If I would have stumbled upon this and you'd have to pay to play i would have just left the page and went somewhere else. The old members know how fun and awsome this game is, but untill this game has better graphics (in terms of fog and render distance) I dont think any new members would pay for this. Maybe set up a premium status, which you would have to buy to do some stuff that is going to be in the game e.g.place mg's and stuff like that or, wich i would like more, make the premium rank the normal rank and everybody eho hasent played is a "guest" and everybody else a "default". Basically, make the game playable for free, but make the default rank cheap so it doesent get exclusive.

like it?
CAUTION: This post by the user "ATsch" could potentially contain elements such as "sarcasm" or "metaphors" where he does not mean what he is saying.
Badass profile picture -.-
ATsch
[DELTA] Member

Postby Found » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:58 am

You could have one code every week and have it for a comp.
Found

Postby SHITTEN » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Semper wrote:Yes, Aos is not going to be free In 1.0, You have to pay for it, But Is it fair to clan's and community members that cannot buy the game?
I've seen some of the suggestions such as ''Let players that's already registered on the forums get it free'' and things like that but I don't think that's going to work.

Beta Codes
At the end of the update before 1.0 we should register for a Beta code and get the game free, That way this community stay's here without paying for the game.

It's not fair to make the players that played Aos way back or even now pay for it, I mean the game is going to be cheap but still some people don't have money or their mom doesn't let them use their credit card.

So the people who register for beta codes will get it free. When 1.0 come's that's when players have to pay for it.

Where will be the Beta Codes?
SHITTEN

Postby Tuadim » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:12 pm

I think there should be a giveaway of around 100 keys, and everyone that is registered on the forums or register for the Beta game gets A CHANCE to win a key, and play the game for free.
My in-game name is [FF]Joseh123.

My player skin pack
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
That is a dead mod-pack.
Tuadim
[FF] Member

Postby HoboHob » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Here's what I say:
GET RID OF P2P ALTOGETHER!

Put some ads up, ask for donations.

I and many others would gladly donate to keep the game free for others,
HoboHob

Postby Eve » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:34 pm

I better stop playing Ace Of Spades.
" The past is history. The future is a mystery. The present is a gift. " -Bill Keane
Eve

Postby ozone » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:37 pm

i do love ace of spades but i dont think that it is worth paying for as a matter a fact some of the best games out there are F2P i think ben should simply put some more ads and we the players should atleast try to spread it by word of mouth i dunno i might pay for it depending on the cost
ozone

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:41 pm

I think too that the developers should get money, but AoS 1.0 is definetly the false way to get it. How about donating?

The biggest problem is that nobody can pay through the internet if he has only a 10€ or $ note in his hand.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby zephir » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 pm

i'm willing to pay- so long as it's not like 50 bucks. 10-30 would be acceptable.

but underage gamers do bring up a good point- if it's pay to play, it effectively prevents all under-18 people from playing, because they don't have a credit card/debit card and unless their parents love video games they've got little chance of being able to play!
there's also the fact that just because you're 18 doesn't automatically mean you'll have a credit card or any means to buy stuff online. considering how the economy still is, and unemployment still high, there's probably alot of 18-21 year olds that have only a ATM card... to gt a credit card you need credit, something they don't just dish out easily since the crash in 2008. (lucky for me I started my credit history in 2005), or you need enough cash to open and maintain a checking account, which i believe minimums are like $1500. there's probably not alot of 18-21 year olds fresh out of HS working minimum wage that has that kind of cash lying around...

basically what I'm saying is that not everyone has a credit card or debit card for many reasons, and unless there's a option to pay without credit/debit I think AoS 1.0 release will lose a big chunk of it's players.

but having options besides Paypal brings up other issues... i have been buying stuff online since i was 11, and i solved the problem with using money orders. after 16 I used personal checks, since my parents opened a checking account for me. these days, neither checks or money orders are accepted for most online transactions, personal checks tend to bounce, and money orders can be easily faked, if I don't have a debit/CC now then I too wouldn't know what to do if AoS was to cost money!

there must be a good solution that makes everyone happy.
zephir

Postby Afrodude4 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 pm

I'msure there are plenty of people willing to donate, myself included if I can find the money. F2P will definetly keep a lot of the most active community members here, and there is still a profit to be made from donations.
Representing Jamaica Power

Afrodude4

Postby ozone » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:55 am

zephir wrote:i'm willing to pay- so long as it's not like 50 bucks. 10-30 would be acceptable.

but underage gamers do bring up a good point- if it's pay to play, it effectively prevents all under-18 people from playing, because they don't have a credit card/debit card and unless their parents love video games they've got little chance of being able to play!
there's also the fact that just because you're 18 doesn't automatically mean you'll have a credit card or any means to buy stuff online. considering how the economy still is, and unemployment still high, there's probably alot of 18-21 year olds that have only a ATM card... to gt a credit card you need credit, something they don't just dish out easily since the crash in 2008. (lucky for me I started my credit history in 2005), or you need enough cash to open and maintain a checking account, which i believe minimums are like $1500. there's probably not alot of 18-21 year olds fresh out of HS working minimum wage that has that kind of cash lying around...

basically what I'm saying is that not everyone has a credit card or debit card for many reasons, and unless there's a option to pay without credit/debit I think AoS 1.0 release will lose a big chunk of it's players.

but having options besides Paypal brings up other issues... i have been buying stuff online since i was 11, and i solved the problem with using money orders. after 16 I used personal checks, since my parents opened a checking account for me. these days, neither checks or money orders are accepted for most online transactions, personal checks tend to bounce, and money orders can be easily faked, if I don't have a debit/CC now then I too wouldn't know what to do if AoS was to cost money!

there must be a good solution that makes everyone happy.

this speech is so true it give me a single tear drop running down my check
ozone

PreviousNext

Return to Game