Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

What direction is Ace of Spades going?

Got a great new idea for the game?

What direction is Ace of Spades going?

Postby lolpwned23 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:14 am

I am a little worried where Ace of spades is going.

Is this game going to go down the customisation of guns and grenades secondarys and grenades for medic kits?
or
Is this game going to be a Battlefield and Call of Duty 3 (Not mw3) where you are given a gun and a specific specialty that you can do, like medic, extra grenades, different types of grenades, and other things.

So is this game a game were you customize your entire personal or is this going to be more of a classes that are assigned so that way no class over powers the other.

What do you want this game to be like?
(V)(;,,;)(V) whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop
lolpwned23

Re: What direction is Ace of Spades going?

Postby Commodore » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:23 am

I think classes ARE going to be implemented somewhere in the future. You cant prevent it in such a game. The reason may be some players who just suggest CoD, BF3 and TF2 things(AoS is very TF2 like). Also AoS is going into the minecraft direction since some players build things all the time and since there are griefers(maybe griefers only exist because of the minecrafters), but its not a big problem.

AoS should be an fully new game with new things and so on. But its hard not to copy other games because almost every idea was already implemented in a game.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby ChaosTLW » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Commodore wrote:I think classes ARE going to be implemented somewhere in the future. You cant prevent it in such a game. The reason may be some players who just suggest CoD, BF3 and TF2 things(AoS is very TF2 like). Also AoS is going into the minecraft direction since some players build things all the time and since there are griefers(maybe griefers only exist because of the minecrafters), but its not a big problem.

AoS should be an fully new game with new things and so on. But its hard not to copy other games because almost every idea was already implemented in a game.

I don't think pure classes are going to be implemented, but something similar to classes might. What I mean is a multiple selection screens:
1st screen: Team.
2nd screen: Primary Weapon.
3th screen: Equipment(including medkits, ammo kits, grenades and pistols).
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby USABxBOOYO » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Not even I know where this game is going to be honest.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby lolpwned23 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:01 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:
Commodore wrote:3th screen: Equipment(including medkits, ammo kits, grenades and pistols).

3th screen? XD
(V)(;,,;)(V) whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop
lolpwned23

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:24 am

lolpwned23 wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:
Commodore wrote:3th screen: Equipment(including medkits, ammo kits, grenades and pistols).

3th screen? XD

lol I messed it up.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Semper » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:21 am

Well .76 was a downgrade (to me and some other's) But 1.0 look's cool from the pictures and stuff.

No Idea.
Joined Delta: Monday August 13th, 2012.
>Thread stalkers
Semper
[DELTA] Member

Postby Priok » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:31 am

probably boring like it is now, but there will be a machine gun and rocket launcher to use too. I really doubt this game is going to change that much from now to the 1.0 release, especially since it has barely changed in the last year, but whom knows ,, , righ
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Postby AZaz09dude » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:34 am

Semper wrote:Well .76 was a downgrade (to me and some other's) But 1.0 look's cool from the pictures and stuff.

No Idea.

Actually, you have to pay for 1.0
AZaz09dude

Postby Rydogger » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:38 am

AZaz09dude wrote:
Semper wrote:Well .76 was a downgrade (to me and some other's) But 1.0 look's cool from the pictures and stuff.

No Idea.

Some people are saying that there will be two versions of 1.0:
Voxlap, which is the same engine as Ben is using now(Free)
OpenGL, which is the engine 1.0 is gonna use(Around $10)

Honestly, its better just to go with the OpenGL version, as its Cross Platform, meaning that if you play on a Mac, you dont have to download a seperate version.
Stalk me via the Following.
Image Image
<MinitAssault> <eddie> I WANT SEXY TIME
<MinitAssault> eddie will never know a sexy time.
Rydogger

Location: Kayaking across the Pacific Ocean, Trying to reach the shores of Japan

Postby Semper » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 am

AZaz09dude wrote:

No Idea.

Never said we didn't.
Joined Delta: Monday August 13th, 2012.
>Thread stalkers
Semper
[DELTA] Member

Return to Game