Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Different image resolutions.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Different image resolutions.

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:07 am

So today i was messing around with game resolutions and discovered that the images start looking really wierd when the game isnt in 800x600. I also decided to go and check out if the game suported images of different resolutions, it doesnt. So my suggestion is that the game would do something like detect the image resolution and strech it out to equal the game resolution accordingly instead of adjusting it as if it was an 800x600 image anyway (causes for the scope to be in the wrong area and look just as pixelated).

Nothing we would die without in the game, it would just add a better use to the resolution option in the config, and make modding a bit more fun for some of us.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Re: Different image resolutions.

Postby Commodore » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:37 am

The rifle scope(I mean the red square) is a 6x6 pixel square, but in the game it looks like a rectangle. If you remove the inside of it so there are only lines, you will see that the line on the top is bigger than the others. SO 800x600 isnt the perfect resolution for AoS.

(I would place a picture if I could upload it somewhere)
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Commodore wrote:The rifle scope(I mean the red square) is a 6x6 pixel square, but in the game it looks like a rectangle. If you remove the inside of it so there are only lines, you will see that the line on the top is bigger than the others. SO 800x600 isnt the perfect resolution for AoS.

that is screene specific. if your monitor automaticaly resizes the 800x600 resolution to take up your whole screen, it will look streched, if it doesnt, it will probably look like a square.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Commodore » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Sorry I couldnt explain it better.

When stretching the picture, there could be some problems with the scope because it may not be too big(especially for snipers).
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm

^why would you want it to be "too big"?
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby XFrostByteX » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Commodore wrote:The rifle scope(I mean the red square) is a 6x6 pixel square, but in the game it looks like a rectangle. If you remove the inside of it so there are only lines, you will see that the line on the top is bigger than the others. SO 800x600 isnt the perfect resolution for AoS.

http://www.tinypic.com
http://www.picresize.com incase your pic is too big

And this idea couldn't hurt at all. I support this.
XFrostByteX

Return to Game