Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Pick up weapons from dead players?

Got a great new idea for the game?

Pick up weapons from dead players?

Postby zephir » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:06 am

I'm wondering if others have the same idea. I searched and came up with nothing.

I've always found ammo a bit lacking, to where I hang around the CP because when I go out to engage enemy players, I'd made it across the map and after taking out like 25 enemy with my SMG, run out of ammo and have to kill myself with a grenade (if I have any) or suicide charge with the spade just so that I'd respawn with more ammo. Its like the game discourages me to really attack the enemy, it just wants me to hang around the CP all day.

I think it would be really nice if we can pick up more ammo or drop current weapon for one that has ammo from a recently killed enemy. since there's only 3 weapons in the game it shouldn't be too complicated, if the enemy has the same gun as you you'd gain ammo (unless they have none left) if they have a different gun you'd be able to drop yours and swap for a gun with ammo.
When enemy is killed they'd drop their weapon, so you cna see what gun it is and determine whether you'd want to drop yours for theirs.

Anyone agree this is a good idea?
zephir

Re: Pick up weapons from dead players?

Postby Priok » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:37 am

I am sure it's been discussed before, but it might've been on the old forum

it's a good idea, even if side arms/ammo crates are being added it would be nice, so you do not need to use those if you run out of ammo. also, if you want to switch your weapon without dying, you can pick up a shotgun or something and then go into a bunker and kill people inside
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Postby DeathOver » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:40 am

Yeah,Good Idea too.
DeathOver

Postby Ultrayoshi49 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:23 pm

This seems like a fairly good idea, but it should probably take a little while to do all the pancakes (As you need to pick up ammo and what not) to prevent abusing.
[21:31] <+fLaMeOnCrack> Tell DE I'm sorry for insulting his greatness and if allowed, I would be happy to kiss his ass
Ultrayoshi49
Komrade Member

Postby Commodore » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Look at the ammo/health crates topic. There was already something.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby SgtCupcake » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:10 am

I think that when you pick up weapons, I think you should only have like one clip of ammo. Every time you collect ammo, it is a very small amount to prevent spamming. Also, you have to pick up ammo manually as well. I think that balances it nicely
SgtCupcake

Postby Commodore » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:38 pm

The ammo should lie somewhere and it should have to be searched, to prevent players from getting ammo too quickly.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby ZaPhobos » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:16 am

And now to necro bump this thread because it's a good idea and deserves to be seen.

Gives a reason to tea bag, and just pick up the ammo left in their clip. Awesomeness.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Return to Game