Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Artillery Cannon: A teamwork only asset

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Artillery Cannon: A teamwork only asset

Postby Articsledder » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:23 am

Tarkaris wrote:I honestly have no idea what you're wanting to do differently that would make it simple/ not so easy. The idea was to make it a teamwork asset that could add some variety to the game, nothing more.

At least it's not "build cannon, paint target, watch cannon automatically own everything." It ain't a target locator from Reach or a mortar call-in from battlefield or something.

The whole "operator sees what the spotter sees" part is what I don't like. Once you get an actual spotter the process becomes rather easy. If the spotter is just a person who relays how close they are to hitting the target instead of acting almost like a camera it makes more sense and adds a little more challenge to hitting the target. It still has the same amount, or more teamwork involved.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby Tarkaris » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:35 am

Almost sounds like someone could just start spam firing on their own without a spotter that way though. I suggested the painting on purpose so that in order to use the artillery, you must have two or more people involved.
"I'll change the world... Through my own will."
http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=9308 Visit for Castle Crashers and Gundam stuff!
Tarkaris

Postby Manadox97 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Your idea is very well thought out, personally I would like to see something like this implemented, however, I foresee a stalemate of sorts occuring. When each team has an artillery peice, it would be very hard for either team to advance, you would be stuck an bogged down, trench warfare of sorts. If the battery had fair cooldown then the idea would be much more practical for moving battle, wouldn't you say so?
Manadox97

Postby Tarkaris » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Digging and flanking are counters to this. Not to mention teams working together to take down artillery crews and guns. I think it'd be kinda fun actually :)
http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=9308 Visit for Castle Crashers and Gundam stuff!
Tarkaris

Postby ZaPhobos » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:05 am

Manadox97 wrote:Your idea is very well thought out, personally I would like to see something like this implemented, however, I foresee a stalemate of sorts occuring. When each team has an artillery peice, it would be very hard for either team to advance, you would be stuck an bogged down, trench warfare of sorts. If the battery had fair cooldown then the idea would be much more practical for moving battle, wouldn't you say so?

Slow weapon.
AN artillery priece (Implying one)
Only if they're aiming strictly at you.

Nope, you're good.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Commodore » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 am

There should be very few artillery cannons. The range of explosion should be small. The cannons would be like batterys that would have to be captured.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby bob98675 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:32 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?k42miir6dxkd7ib

first ever small little thing check it out
bob98675

Postby Tarkaris » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:27 pm

If you built a small battery it would have a small area of effect. If you wanted a larger area of effect you'd need a bigger gun.

Damage wise tho, loading a small amount of blocks makes for an attack that won't even kill a player if it hits them but can lead to rapid reloading. In contrast, a large amount of blocks would make for a deadly attack that would take a considerable amount of time for the cannon to cooldown.

This way, you can make multiple variants of the artillery cannon to do different things.

As for capturing them... That might be a fun tug of war variant. Capturing both a CP and an artillery?

>:D
Tarkaris

Postby TheVeteranNoob » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 am

So, I know someone else already suggested throwing spades, so what if you were able to load your spade into it? It might splinter in the air or something and do extra damage.
TheVeteranNoob
[SPQR] Member

Postby Tarkaris » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:08 am

No one in their right mind would do that. It would prevent you from harvesting ammunition for the artillery in the first place.
Tarkaris

Postby Freakengamer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:42 am

This is when TF2 comes in THE ENGINEER!! or just use blocks as usual make it 100 blocks to build it... becuz we start with 50 blocks... or is it 40? idc... jsut make it 120 if its 40...

DONT LOOK HERE! f(-_-f ) F*** OFF.
Freakengamer

Previous

Return to Game