Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Faction-related weapons?

Got a great new idea for the game?

Faction-related weapons?

Postby TheSoldier » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:56 pm

OK, that's basically it: each faction gets their own "special" weapon. The greens would get something like a defense-related weapon, such as a machinegun or Mortar, and the Blues would get a long-range reacted weapon, like the sniper rifle. Both would have about 3-4 ammo clips, making them a bit more unwieldy (unless you camp by the base, that is) to use, but both have their pros and cons. What do you think?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel
TheSoldier

Re: Faction-related weapons?

Postby USABxBOOYO » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:59 pm

This is extremely unbalanced.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Fluttershy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:30 am

This is extremely unbalanced.

Oh, and rifle pretty much already is a sniper. So green gets a motar, and blue gets rifle v2. Sounds fair.
Fluttershy

Postby Gorman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:41 am

Are "blue" and "green" the factions?
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby EpicDude133 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:22 pm

So, greens are OP i belive.... like everybody said, EXTREMELY UNBALANCED.
ImageImage
Click them or they will eat you.
If you want a sig like mine, be sure to visit LastOfs' signature shop!
EpicDude133

Postby Disuben » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:54 am

Well it could be done but not in the way you explain/think about it.
A wise man once said : If you have 2 apples... eat them both!!!
(he was a fat wise man XD)
Disuben

Postby TheSoldier » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:32 am

Jeez, does anyone in this forum believe in building on ideas? I've only seen Disuben say anything related to good about this. Besides, how would you fix it? Has anyone said anything about limiting the number of faction weapons each side can have, say, only 3 per game? Anyone say limiting their range? Each one has the chance to counter the other before it gets out of hand. This is forum lacks a lot of constructive criticism, I'll tell you that.

P.S.-yes, I call the factions the blue and the green because that's the original colors of the sides.
~Erwin Rommel
TheSoldier

Postby Build » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:59 am

It would depend really, how powerful would the motor be to the rifle? Preconceptions would seem to say: very.

Only thing I can think of would be having both weapons have the same range with the rifle being superior on flat terrain and the mortar being better on rocky terrain.

To be honest, it still doesn't seem to work toward anything plausible. Only thing I think that would be remotely acceptable would be to have both weapons be available at the same time to both ..."Factions". Even then an actual sniper rifle has been turned down countless times on the fact that you can mod in your own custom scopes for the semi.

Another option is to change the Sniper to something else like an... RPG? But that isn't very well accepted here either.

Lastly is just to make the "Faction weapons" a purely cosmetic feature with no impact on gameplay at all.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby Tek2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:35 am

Why in the first place we would give the factions different powers? Seems like an unbalancing idea.

What if a player in green team would want to use the sniper rifle? Oh no no, you'll have to switch to blue team to do so.
Tek2

Postby TheSoldier » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:55 am

Build wrote:Lastly is just to make the "Faction weapons" a purely cosmetic feature with no impact on gameplay at all.

Eh...at the least, it would be a nice thing to have something called a sniper rifle, even if it isn't. ;)

Tek2 wrote:Why in the first place we would give the factions different powers? Seems like an unbalancing idea.
What if a player in green team would want to use the sniper rifle? Oh no no, you'll have to switch to blue team to do so.

This would give you a reason to pick green or blue instead of being the first on the battlefield by pressing "1-1" to be on blue and have a rifle.
~Erwin Rommel
TheSoldier

Postby LordGera » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:00 pm

It would be good if both team had the same weps but with different skins.
I always imagined the game as a ww2 game axis vs allies. Blue is the axis green is the allies.
LordGera

Postby Yakkers » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:51 pm

I think the variances in the side of the gen map are enough to differentiate the team roles, anything hardcoded would be hard to balance and keep everyone satisfied.

On a somewhat related note, it may be cool if we could have separate weapon .kv6s per team. That could make modding a bit more dynamic and fun.
Yakkers

Return to Game