Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Aimbot hunters.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Aimbot hunters.

Postby corn99 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:45 pm

So here is my suggestion. If the devs knew how aimbot work then they could easily write a script that can detect them right? So i think they should gather a team from the community that is willing to spend some of their time to track down aimbots on the web. Ill be part of it if this idea gets passed.
corn99
[C.A.M.B] Leader

Re: Aimbot hunters.

Postby AoSMe » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 pm

The problem is there's not just one aimbot script. Plus the scripters creating the aimbot can add in little variations to make their aimbot undetectable. I also believe the aimbot script itself isn't injecting scripts into the games to kill people, I believe it's client sided and uses the client to pick up targets and aim at them then the person shoots making it undetectable if the aimbot user is using the aimbot correctly and not just mindlessly shooting everybody for a little attention and to see people complain. But I don't know how the aimbot scripts work fully so I may be wrong. But I do agree on the idea of stopping aimbots.
AoSMe

Postby dabluechimp » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:09 am

I think they should make it to where the game wont launch if your game files are modded but like the .wav .bmp and the other folder that you put stuff in to change the textures in won't matter if there modded cause i think aim bots don't mod thoses files cause i don't think aim bots add textures i think they makes like new files dose any body get what i'm saying?
I'm to lazy to make a signature
dabluechimp

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:49 pm

AoSMe wrote:The problem is there's not just one aimbot script. Plus the scripters creating the aimbot can add in little variations to make their aimbot undetectable. I also believe the aimbot script itself isn't injecting scripts into the games to kill people, I believe it's client sided and uses the client to pick up targets and aim at them then the person shoots making it undetectable if the aimbot user is using the aimbot correctly and not just mindlessly shooting everybody for a little attention and to see people complain. But I don't know how the aimbot scripts work fully so I may be wrong. But I do agree on the idea of stopping aimbots.

you basically said that its not client sided, its client sided.
dabluechimp wrote:I think they should make it to where the game wont launch if your game files are modded but like the .wav .bmp and the other folder that you put stuff in to change the textures in won't matter if there modded cause i think aim bots don't mod thoses files cause i don't think aim bots add textures i think they makes like new files dose any body get what i'm saying?

i sugested this too, but people hated it because they are under the impression that hackers will tiredlessly work to make it so that you dont have to load extra files to hack, but use datavalue maniplation instead (the only other option). but they dont know that datavalue manipulation already barely works in these newer versions. so that wont be a problem. So with this method, if the server runs the anti hack, there is no way they can really get by it unless some exploit is found.

And finding hacks is not as hard as people think, that is why we need to put anti hacks higher up on the priority list. Anyone with 5 minutes of time to blow can figure out how to, and where to, download and install hacks into the game.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby corn99 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:33 am

The ones i see on youtube require the aimbot to be injected into the game after AoS is launched so the idea that AiS wont launch if the files are edited wont work. And should i PM a dev with a aimbot so they can find out how they work??
corn99
[C.A.M.B] Leader

Postby AoSMe » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:19 am

ThisFrickinSite wrote:
AoSMe wrote:The problem is there's not just one aimbot script. Plus the scripters creating the aimbot can add in little variations to make their aimbot undetectable. I also believe the aimbot script itself isn't injecting scripts into the games to kill people, I believe it's client sided and uses the client to pick up targets and aim at them then the person shoots making it undetectable if the aimbot user is using the aimbot correctly and not just mindlessly shooting everybody for a little attention and to see people complain. But I don't know how the aimbot scripts work fully so I may be wrong. But I do agree on the idea of stopping aimbots.

you basically said that its not client sided, its client sided.

Wut u on aboot
AoSMe

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:52 am

[/quote]

What im on about is if you inject something into your game, it is client sided. if you inject something into the server, you are violating a number of laws and it is server sided.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Commodore » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:44 am

Aimbots could be detected when a player kills more than 2 players at the same time. An aimbot user with an SMG is very easy to detect. But a very good skilled sniper could aim in the reloading time of the rifle(I think a half second is enough time to aim for a pro), so rifle aimbotters arent so easy to detect.
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby lalorobot » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:58 pm

Commodore wrote:Aimbots could be detected when a player kills more than 2 players at the same time. An aimbot user with an SMG is very easy to detect. But a very good skilled sniper could aim in the reloading time of the rifle(I think a half second is enough time to aim for a pro), so rifle aimbotters arent so easy to detect.

Well I have killed more than 5 people in a row with headshots with no aimbot......
All war is deception
-Sun Tzu
lalorobot

Postby Commodore » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:05 pm

With ONE shot???

Ive killed one player 2 times with one shoot(headshot; and I don know how that could happen). But what you say would only be possible when the bullets pierce. I actually dont have any information about this. Or it was just a server error.
Commodore

Postby zephir » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:03 am

Commodore wrote:Aimbots could be detected when a player kills more than 2 players at the same time. An aimbot user with an SMG is very easy to detect. But a very good skilled sniper could aim in the reloading time of the rifle(I think a half second is enough time to aim for a pro), so rifle aimbotters arent so easy to detect.

I'm actually a very skilled SMG user... the most I've taken out is 6 people with one 30rd magazine, just holding down the fire button and mowed them down. they vote banned me like 90 seconds later. if there's gonna be a script that claims that's aimbotting, it wouldn't be fair to me at all. I'd have to intentionally play like a deuce and intentionally suck... except that I've been playing simple FPS (like AoS, CS1.6, etc) for more than 10 years now and that would be extremely difficult to pull off.

i play with very high mouse sensitivity, I think right now it's set at 10. this causes aimbot-like behavior that makes people think i'm aimbotting. I only need to move the mouse a tiny bit and the cross hairs just jumps right over to the next target. it's excellent for CQB to mid-range, but I loose the precision to quickly aim sniping with rifle.

recently I've added grenades to my AoS skills... grenade spamming, grenade sapping, and grenade throwing, I killed 8 people with three grenades just one after the other, got killed (kamikaze since I was out of ammo) and did it again 2 more times, then got vote kicked... i dunno if there's grenade aimbotting. I was never strong in grenades until recently when i used them heavily to sap or dig out tunnels, caves.
zephir

Postby Commodore » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:46 pm

I must laugh when I read that you were votekicked by throwing grenades and by killing 6 players with one clip(I dont offend you). I always wonder if there ever were such servers with such deuces.
Commodore

Postby dabluechimp » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:56 am

i have a idea aimbots suddenly jolt to the head of a player so the server client should read player movement and if the camera moves to fast for it to be a mouse they get kicked and if it happens one more than f servers than they get banned for a amount of time
I'm to lazy to make a signature
dabluechimp

Postby corn99 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:59 am

That idea wont work. Get a 5000dpi mouse, turn it on half sensitivity and go to the AoS config file and channge the mouse sensitivity to 15. You will get kicked even if you are not botting.
corn99
[C.A.M.B] Leader

Postby rakiru » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 pm

rakiru

Return to Game