Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Suggestions megapost

Got a great new idea for the game?

Do you think the killstreaks are balanced?

Yes.
43%
No, specify why.
57%
Balanced enough.
No votes

Total votes : 7

Suggestions megapost

Postby critface » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Hello! Without further ado, let's get started on the Suggestions.
Firstly, a simple yet fun killstreak system, like in Call of Duty MW1.
It would work like this:
To unlock killstreaks you need a total score of 10 or more, so you don't jump right in the game and just get streaks.
At 3 kills you would get something like a radar. That could either be a radar that would mark the enemies near you or on the whole map. To not make it overpowered, I'd say that it could only reveal enemies that are in the open sky, although that would create some problems with fully covered maps.
At 6 kills you'd get an instant refill of blocks, health, grenades and ammo wherever you are on the map.
At 10 kills you'd get to call an airstrike on any square of the map. That would either be dropping grenades like in the mod or just a big bomb that would kill everything that stays in the open sky.
Killstreaks should be wiped on death and when a 10 killstreak happens the person who gets it should begin a new 3-6-10 cycle of killstreak. For each called killstreak, the player who called them should be awarded a small number of points. Killstreaks should not stack (so if I call in an airstrike that gets me 3 kills I wouldn't get a radar / UAV).If a player dies with an unused killstreak he can use it in his next life. If a player gets 2 radars from previous lives they should stack and he should be able to call in 2.
Feel free to add and improve on my suggestion and also contribute with your own suggestions. Thank you for reading.
critface

Re: Suggestions megapost

Postby armandux1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:01 pm

I don't agree on killstreaks still being usable after death, if you die its your fault, besides picture this situation: Camper is camping he gets some kills not caring if he dies then someone notices him and shoots him, but the camper spawns and calls in air strikes and still gets hes nifty upgrades, also if you die you dont just magicly teleport to your spawn having everything refilled and still having those upgrades.
AoS is NOT Minecraft with guns !!!
armandux1

Postby Gorman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:31 pm

I think your ideas are very imblanaced with such low numbers. Besides that, we have another active killstreaks thread here;

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1138

It would be better to keep discussions on the same topic in one thread.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby critface » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:54 pm

armandux1 wrote:I don't agree on killstreaks still being usable after death, if you die its your fault, besides picture this situation: Camper is camping he gets some kills not caring if he dies then someone notices him and shoots him, but the camper spawns and calls in air strikes and still gets hes nifty upgrades, also if you die you dont just magicly teleport to your spawn having everything refilled and still having those upgrades.

Yes but making killstreaks disappear after death encourages the player to a more passive play mode. For example if you get an airstrike, you would just hide and use it. But if it would stack, you would go out there and score some more kills, not hide behind a wall to use your streak.
critface

Postby armandux1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 pm

You should always keep your guard up unless you really want to die, also it doesn't take long for you to write /airstrike A4 .
AoS is NOT Minecraft with guns !!!
armandux1

Postby SnaJperME » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:52 pm

I would like it + Radar should work like "Airstrike" you set 1 tile and there you can see enemy's on radar
SnaJperME

Postby themightycomrade » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Sure, drop the radar, and put the life refill up to 10 kills, and I'l be happy.
Roses are red
Violates are blue (purple)
Look at this signature
It means I'm better then you!

CopyrightTM LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
themightycomrade
Komrade Member

Return to Game