Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

How to balance the weapons? I have an idea.

Got a great new idea for the game?

How to balance the weapons? I have an idea.

Postby Moghard » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:54 pm

I think that an RPG isn't a good idea. Most of the people think, that people will use it to grief. That's right!
So, what about changing the RPG into M202 Rocket Launcher? Well, it doesn't shoot rockets that explode like RPG, but the rockets make small explode, and set everything around on fire, because it's a flame thrower. It will have 4 rockets in one "clip", and you are going to have 3 clips. You don't understand? Watch this old video, that is probably older than you.

Video Here Click Me
Now you understand? I think this would be better than RPG. It won't destroy blocks, but set them on fire and hurt people.

The semi should be changed too. Like a Bolt Action Rifle? It would have 6 bullets in the magazine, and shoot a lot slower than now, but deal more damage. Like two shots in the legs or arms.

Smg, should have a longer reload time.

The shotgun is good now, don't really need changes.

What do you think? Please don't say "Meh, unbalancing bla brk afkio sucks fwanio". I think, this is a good way to balance the weapons.
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Re: How to balance the weapons? I have an idea.

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Moghard wrote:I think that an RPG isn't a good idea. Most of the people think, that people will use it to grief. That's right!
Yeeeeeah... no

So, what about changing the RPG into M202 Rocket Launcher? Well, it doesn't shoot rockets that explode like RPG, but the rockets make small explode, and set everything around on fire, because it's a flame thrower. It will have 4 rockets in one "clip", and you are going to have 3 clips. You don't understand? Watch this old video, that is probably older than you.
Hey bro, give me some of that stuff you are using, it looks like good quality stuff

Video Here Click Me
Now you understand? I think this would be better than RPG. It won't destroy blocks, but set them on fire and hurt people.
No.

The semi should be changed too. Like a Bolt Action Rifle? It would have 6 bullets in the magazine, and shoot a lot slower than now, but deal more damage. Like two shots in the legs or arms.
Two shots to body, 3 on legs/arms, 1 in head.

Smg, should have a longer reload time.
Agreed, or a smaller clip.

The shotgun is good now, don't really need changes.

What do you think? Please don't say "Meh, unbalancing bla brk afkio sucks fwanio". I think, this is a good way to balance the weapons.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby demo123 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:42 pm

I agree with the bolt action part. This rifle we are using is not desinged for long range combat. Semi automatics are desinged for medium, short and almost long distance.
Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby ante185 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:02 pm

The SMG should do more damage up close then the rifle, sice a SMG uses a pistol cartrige, and a pistol bullet is genarly bigger then a rifle bullet, althought the SMG would lose alot of its damage of distance the rifle woundnt lose as mutch damage, and the shotty should have either more pellets or more damager per pellet
ante185

Postby Priok » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:07 pm

yeah, make the SMG lose damage over distance, so it's a 6-7 hit kill at long range, the rest of the weapons seem fine
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:53 pm

ante185 wrote:The SMG should do more damage up close then the rifle, sice a SMG uses a pistol cartrige, and a pistol bullet is genarly bigger then a rifle bullet, althought the SMG would lose alot of its damage of distance the rifle woundnt lose as mutch damage, and the shotty should have either more pellets or more damager per pellet

A bigger bullet is not necessarily a better cartridge. You also need to take into account the powder charge and the size and weight of the bullet.

Oh, and...

MP5-9x19 Parabellum.
M14-7.62x51 NATO.
Notice the first number is bigger on the pistol round, but it denotes how wide is the cartridge, while the second number denotes the lenght of the cartridge if I'm not mistaken, and the 7.62 is really longer than the 9x19, as you can see in the pics.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby ante185 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:04 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:
ante185 wrote:The SMG should do more damage up close then the rifle, sice a SMG uses a pistol cartrige, and a pistol bullet is genarly bigger then a rifle bullet, althought the SMG would lose alot of its damage of distance the rifle woundnt lose as mutch damage, and the shotty should have either more pellets or more damager per pellet

A bigger bullet is not necessarily a better cartridge. You also need to take into account the powder charge and the size and weight of the bullet.

Oh, and...

MP5-9x19 Parabellum.
M14-7.62x51 NATO.
Notice the first number is bigger on the pistol round, but it denotes how wide is the cartridge, while the second number denotes the lenght of the cartridge if I'm not mistaken, and the 7.62 is really longer than the 9x19, as you can see in the pics.

i know the diffrence, (I shouldve said "wider" not "bigger") BUT to make the game balanced it need some un realisitc featuers, so to make it balanced the SMG would need to have a higher "strating" damage then the rifle, but it would lose more damage over distance then the rifle.

it would/could be some thing like this:
Rifle: 45dmg 10% drop of over 100 blocks of distance = a loss of 10% damage = 40.5 damage at a 100 blocks distance
SMG: 60dmg 50% drop of over 100 blocks = 30 damage at a 100 blocks distance
(now these numbers are just an example)
some thing along those lines should/would/could it be!
ante185

Return to Game