Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Projectiles.

Got a great new idea for the game?

Projectiles.

Postby Jayvee5000 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:05 am

I'd like to suggest that they make the projectiles, actual projectiles because i noticed, even when a target is moving, the shots are actually registered through click rather than firing a projectile and depending on that to land to cause damage.

This would make it so people need to aim infront of moving targets to achieve a headshot or any shot at all if they aim it right.

This suggestion relates to battlefield 3s projectiles
Jayvee5000

Re: Projectiles.

Postby Potassium » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:00 am

A good bit of what you've suggested is addressed in Stackoverflow's bullet drop poll: viewtopic.php?f=234&t=5019
I for one prefer hitscan to actual projectiles in this case. However, I've been wrong before and this could end up revolutionizing the game haha :).
IGN: [USAB]showboat
Potassium
[USAB] Member

Postby Jayvee5000 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:05 am

Potassium wrote:A good bit of what you've suggested is addressed in Stackoverflow's bullet drop poll: viewtopic.php?f=234&t=5019
I for one prefer hitscan to actual projectiles in this case. However, I've been wrong before and this could end up revolutionizing the game haha :).

bullet drop wouldn't be necessary considering how short the render distance is. I mean if they were nerf darts itd be understandable, but view from such short range wouldn't need bullet drop. Increase view distance and maybe it bullet drop would be needed. The reason battlefield has it is due to its large scaled maps.
Jayvee5000

Postby Tek2 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Jayvee5000 wrote:
Potassium wrote:A good bit of what you've suggested is addressed in Stackoverflow's bullet drop poll: http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=5019

bullet drop wouldn't be necessary considering how short the render distance is. I mean if they were nerf darts itd be understandable, but view from such short range wouldn't need bullet drop. Increase view distance and maybe it bullet drop would be needed. The reason battlefield has it is due to its large scaled maps.

You know the travel time would be pretty minimal with the current fog. In real life of course.
Tek2

Postby ChaosTLW » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:30 pm

What about the guys who get 260ms on a regular basis...?
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Return to Game