Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Scope Zoom Noise

Got a great new idea for the game?

Scope Zoom Noise

Postby Spartan094 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:24 pm

You know, when you click right-mouse to enter your sites. A little 'click' or shuffle of clothe would add a good layer of depth to the whole aiming thing. Also, it will allow me to add the noise the halo sniper rifle makes to my halo pack. :D

(I'll even link you to a similar sound, just so you can get an idea: http://goo.gl/QdUUg )
Spartan094
[LDR] Member

Re: Scope Zoom Noise

Postby armandux1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:47 pm

It's maybe just me, but i dont see how adding a "click" when you use the scope could make a "good" layer of depth to aiming, i mean do we really need a sound every time we click the right mouse button ? For me i often use the scopes zoom to better spot enemies and the contant zooming in and out sounds could get annoying. :/
AoS is NOT Minecraft with guns !!!
armandux1

Postby Spartan094 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:51 pm

If it wasn't important, then why would every AAA title game include the sound? Of course, I'm trying to get this through for my own selfish reasons, but it's not a completely insane idea.
Spartan094
[LDR] Member

Postby armandux1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:54 pm

I didn't say it was an insane idea, i was just saying that it was quite trivial and for the amount of zoom this game requires (well in heated battle situations atleast) it could get annoying.
Last edited by armandux1 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
armandux1

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Raising a gun to look down the iron sight generally shouldn't create any audible noises. Unless youre wearing grocery bags or something, in which case you'll create noise regardless.
Fluttershy

Postby mikuli » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:57 pm

It's an immersion thing and yes, raising a gun to your shoulder does produce sounds mainly from the sling attachments and your clothing. It's not like it's audible more than 5 meters away, but you do hear it yourself, especially in a quiet and dark forest.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby Yakkers » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:02 pm

+1.
Makes me think of the little clothing shuffle sound that the sights in BF2 gives.
Yakkers

Postby Spartan094 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

I think if you were hunting, raising a gun wouldn't make a noise. I know when I hunt, and I have an animal I want dead, it takes me 10-15 seconds of slowly raising my gun before I even consider switching off the safety. Contrary to that, you have the battlefield, where the faster you raise your gun the better.
Spartan094
[LDR] Member

Postby armandux1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Although i agree with what you posted, were'nt we talking about looking through the scopes, not raising and moving around your gun. Even though it probably does make a sound, what would be the point of it ? It might make it look and sound "cool" and whatnot, but its still a pretty useless feature and i dont think AoS is aiming for a war simulation game, unless im wrong and thats what AoS IS aiming for...
armandux1

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:25 pm

mikuli wrote:It's an immersion thing and yes, raising a gun to your shoulder does produce sounds mainly from the sling attachments and your clothing. It's not like it's audible more than 5 meters away, but you do hear it yourself, especially in a quiet and dark forest.

You're including noise from an attachment thats not there. Really this would be as annoying as adding sound to moving the gun up/down/left/right and saying the noise helps you immerse yourself as your clothes rustle. This is just my 2 cents however.
Fluttershy

Postby Gorman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Fluttershy wrote:You're including noise from an attachment thats not there. Really this would be as annoying as adding sound to moving the gun up/down/left/right and saying the noise helps you immerse yourself as your clothes rustle. This is just my 2 cents however.

Sounds are customizable, you could just remove it if it is so annoying to you.

I somewhat like the sound of it, scoped in sound is nice on games that have it. Not sure about gun movement sounds; in a more stylised game then the classic "whhop" swiping sound would be great, but I'm not sure that it is there yet.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby TBS » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:55 pm

sure, why not ? :D
TBS
Bastion Member

Return to Game