Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Helmets

Got a great new idea for the game?

Helmets

Postby rulerofiron99 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:18 am

Each player spawns equipped with a helmet which covers the top and back of the head.

The effect would be to protect you against one headshot to the aforementioned areas, after which the helmet breaks and is discarded. It would have no effect if you get hit in the face. When I say "protect" what I really mean is that it would count as a body shot.

Why this change? As it is, headshots are really easy, mainly because the head is relatively large.

Visual effect: the cap is grey instead of blue/green, and changes to blue/green after it is removed.
rulerofiron99

Re: Helmets

Postby Gorman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:45 am

Seems pointless and annoying for semi users... and SMG users... but fine for shotguns.
Basically, this would piss people off "OMG HEADSHOT Y U NO DIE".

Just use cover eh.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Vortex » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Just pick a better spot to shoot from, or just watch all over the clock.

If your mobile, best advice is to not stay too still, as this makes you vunerable to headshots, move side to side, and repeatedly crouch when doing so, when under fire.

If your immobile, best find a place higher off ground, covered mainly from 3 sides, and have retreating cover if your spotted and/or hit.

Don't really need a helmet. The game is more interesting without it.
Vortex

Postby Articsledder » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:13 pm

I think it would be nice, but there's alot of opposition to change the way the rifle works. The only problem with using cover is that there is always that 1 or 2 pixels that screw you over.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby Gorman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Build high enough (3 high if you crouch, 4 high for standing), build a roof for best protection.

I think people just need to learn to USE COVER BETTER rather than "hurr I can't hide properly so make rifle weaker"
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Sounds like an update that serves exclusively to cripple the rifle and hurt the smg.
Fluttershy

Postby rulerofiron99 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Fluttershy wrote:Sounds like an update that serves exclusively to cripple the rifle and hurt the smg.

First and second, respectively, most used weapons.

Please understand that I'm not coming at this from a "I don't like dying to headshots" thing - I'm the SMG user on the other side that gets every kill with a headshot. It's too easy.
rulerofiron99

Postby Gorman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:15 pm

rulerofiron99 wrote:First and second, respectively, most used weapons.

Please understand that I'm not coming at this from a "I don't like dying to headshots" thing - I'm the SMG user on the other side that gets every kill with a headshot. It's too easy.

If you want it to be harder to kill people then aim for the body.

Besides that, isn't that the problem of the people you are killing, not your problem? They should use cover properly and dodge.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:28 pm

rulerofiron99 wrote:First and second, respectively, most used weapons.

The uses percentage is relative to the server and map. While its true that rifle is the most used weapon a large portion of the time, thats only because a majority of maps are better suited to it, and noone seems to care enough to change it to aid the other weapons. This update will leave rifle near death given the fact that the rifle depends on head shots due to how slow it is. SMG can still atleast fire like 3 shots per rifle shot so they can still easily rebound from the helmet, shotgun just wouldnt give a shit due to its pellets. But rifle? Theyll be able to shoot you dead if they see you, ESPECIALLY if they see you. If you get the drop on them you can still likely kill them, but thats an extra shot, and extra warning to the team, and extra dead giveaway to your location conceded to the team.

Congratulations on finding the smg good, now dont murder it and the rifle just for the sake of nerfing already balanced weapons.
Fluttershy

Postby Build » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:58 am

So... it only helps the guys who use a shotgun? Why not just give shotgun users a little more health then?

- Maybe +10 or 20?

I will say this is better then that other guy who wanted to get rid of headshots entirely though.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Return to Game