Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Bullet Drop/Gravity

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Bullet Drop/Gravity

Postby Build » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:42 am

I'm under the assumption that the bullets would start droping AT fog distance for all weapons. Only adding it to the smg throws the semi out of the picture and gives the desired effect of:

IronRulerGuy99 wrote:"artillery" fire. A squad of SMG gunners can rain down bullets

All this is doing is redrawing the hitscan based on the degree of which the shot was fired and extending it past the fog. Nothing more.

How about being productive for once and answer one of your problems now?
Gorman wrote:As it stands adding bullet physics would be most beneficial to semi gameplay

Translation: How would you balance bullet physics into the game for both weapons.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby Gorman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:50 am

dropping at fog distance?

In that case it impacts gameplay to a very minor degree. Essentially what you are doing is adding a random chance to be hit by a bullet offscreen, since there is no way to aim beyond the fog without using an aimbot.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby EpicDude133 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Gravity? I think it's too complicated. But if it was added, most of people with the rifle could just camp high in the sky.
ImageImage
Click them or they will eat you.
If you want a sig like mine, be sure to visit LastOfs' signature shop!
EpicDude133

Postby Build » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:37 am

Build wrote:dropping at fog distance?
In that case it impacts gameplay to a very minor degree. Essentially what you are doing is adding a random chance to be hit by a bullet offscreen, since there is no way to aim beyond the fog without using an aimbot.

Actually It's more of a balancing act between one of your suggestion where your sight distance increased as you got higher. If that was the case I'd say gravity would be a good idea so people don't just make 1x1 high towers and start sniping people. If of course your assuming that the distance doesn't change when the fog does.

Just a thought.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby SnaJperME » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:22 pm

rulerofiron99 wrote:As the title states, bullets "drop" over time, following a curved downward path instead of a straight line.

Why?
- Gives weapons an "effective range" - rifle and SMG have different bullet speeds, thus making the rifle better at getting headshots than the SMG.

Hahahaha like we need a powerful-er RIFLE come on really xD + That would get lame Aos is meant to be build and shoot and now thinking about " do i aimed enough up? " would not be fun.

rulerofiron99 wrote:- In addition, bullets shouldn't just disappear after X distance, instead only when it hits a block/player/edge of map. This will add a new dynamic to the game: "artillery" fire. A squad of SMG gunners can rain down bullets on a target area with a forward scouting player providing feedback.

Wait you think that a squad of SMG's can kill someone on blind fire that falls from the sky ? No this point is totally fantasying

rulerofiron99 wrote:
- It won't make it too difficult to aim, due to the nature of mid-range combat and practical range during combat as is.

I think aos should get a totally other way by adding new weapons and some other features. But this would make it something like BHD,BF2 bullet drop that isnt Aos.
SnaJperME

Previous

Return to Game